Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Armory
Diablo II Strategy and Tactics
The forum for strategy questions and answers, strategy guides, and tactics discussion for Diablo II.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Smiteadin using Crystal Sword vs Scimitar?" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Armory Topic #114
Reading Topic #114
Ajax
Charter Member
17-Apr-01, 01:07 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Ajax Click to send private message to Ajax Click to add this user to your buddy list  
"Smiteadin using Crystal Sword vs Scimitar?"

I an training a smiteadin/hammerdin combo (based on Lord Satorious' guide) and was fooling with the smite swing calculator over @ Spirea's website(http://balder.prohosting.com/spirea/Speed/Smite.shtml#page_top), and i came up with the idea that my paly could use a crystal sword instead of a scimitar without compromising the super-fast swing speed.

I guess I have to admit that my motivations are purely aesthetic. The crystal swords just look sooooo darned cool but break too easily for practical use (let's not even talk about dimensional blades ) but with the smiteadin you don't swing with the weapon, therefore no durability is lost, and you get that real cool look.

Anyway, on to the numbers. Because this paly is using Magefist and Iceblink, there's two SIAS mods missing. I am currently using a GIAS scimitar (scimitars look kinda dumb ) and i plugged it into the calculator and got a swing speed of 7frames/swing (Haven't found goldwrap yet, but I will). I switched it over to a crystal sword, and got the same value.

So my question is, is it feasable to use a crystal sword instead, or would it appreciably compromise my paly's effectiveness? The reqs for the dimensional blade are a little high (85 str) but the crystal sword falls within the min str req for Howltusk, and it doesn't need a point into dex, and you get a really cool look with it. In fact, the smiteadin could be the only char development which could even use a crystal sword without running afoul of the low durability.

Any answers welcome.

--Ajax
"Never would he die on foreign soil,
Without advancing beyond his men and his peers.
His head would be turned towards the enemies' land,
And he would end his days as a conqueror."(2865-2868)

BTW, my bro had a rare crystal sword I envied. It served him well from Act II/Normal-->Act II/NM, and looked really cool. He held onto it way too long, tho (ever try to zeal a Lightning Spire to death with a "pointy shard of glass"? The poor guy had to return to town every minute or so for costly repairs! Lol!)

Printer-friendly page | Top
Dyslexia
Charter Member
17-Apr-01, 09:51 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Dyslexia Click to send private message to Dyslexia Click to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: Smiteadin using Crystal Sword vs Scimitar?"
In response to message #0

The Scimitar has a base speed of 20.
the crystal has a base speed of 0.
the cutlass has a base of 30
dimension blade has a base of 0
formula: up(256*(Base + 1)/down<(100 + Speed Increase)/100*256>) - 1
base = 12

scmimitar of quickness + goldwrap = +70 increase
((256*13)/(170/100*256))-1 = 7 frames
crystal sword of quickness + goldwrap = a +50 increase
((256*13)/(150/100*256))-1 = 8 frames
cutlass of quickness + goldwrap = +80 increase
((256*13)/(180/100*256))-1 = 7 frames

so the scimitar is better then the crystal sword

look here for all the information i used: http://www.lurkerlounge.com/2i/speeds.shtml

Phantasy Star Diablo
Coming soon: Dyslexia's Messiah Guide

Printer-friendly page | Top

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic