Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Armory
Diablo II Strategy and Tactics
The forum for strategy questions and answers, strategy guides, and tactics discussion for Diablo II.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Reviveless CE necro" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Armory Topic #128
Reading Topic #128
ijeoo
Charter Member
17-Apr-01, 06:16 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail ijeoo Click to send private message to ijeoo Click to add this user to your buddy list  
"Reviveless CE necro"

I have made a CE necro that uses blood golem as the only minion. With a current skill lvl of 17, i use in conjunction with amplify or decrep (depending on situations) to great effect to melee areas (mostly outter steppes and urders/grotesque rivers) I have heard much about the CE nerfing blizzard has done with the patch and would like to know how different the skill was back then. Did it have enhanced dmg, higher increase in radius? Any tips to lvl from 60~80 would also be appreciated.

Printer-friendly page | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
Reviveless CE necro [View All] ijeoo 17-Apr-01 TOP
  RE: Reviveless CE necro Mithrandir 17-Apr-01 1
     RE: Reviveless CE necro Lok 18-Apr-01 2
         RE: Reviveless CE necro Hogweed 18-Apr-01 4
  RE: Reviveless CE necro (another question) CrescentFire 18-Apr-01 3

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Mithrandir
Charter Member
17-Apr-01, 06:47 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Mithrandir Click to send private message to Mithrandir Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ  
1. "RE: Reviveless CE necro"
In response to message #0

CE used to scale up as monster HP scaled up in multiplayer games. Thus, if a monster has 100 HP CE will deal 60 to 100 damage. Before the nerf, if another person joined, the same monster, now 200 HP, could be used to deal 120 to 200 damage. Now, it would stay at 60 to 100 damage no matter how many people are in the game.

-Mith

Lok
Charter Member
18-Apr-01, 04:50 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Lok Click to send private message to Lok Click to add this user to your buddy list  
2. "RE: Reviveless CE necro"
In response to message #1

Also the radius was about double what it is now.

Lok
accts lok-lpl and lok1-lpl
D2 POC for the Legitimate Players League
www.kensworld.com/lpl

Hogweed
Charter Member
18-Apr-01, 10:21 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Hogweed Click to send private message to Hogweed Click to add this user to your buddy list  
4. "RE: Reviveless CE necro"
In response to message #2

That's not completely true. In the initial nerf Blizzard pulled the damage down so it didn't scale and halved the radius gain from skill points. But then in a later patch (1.03 or 1.04 maybe, can't remember which) the radius was pulled back up to it's original value.

CrescentFire
Charter Member
18-Apr-01, 08:32 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail CrescentFire Click to send private message to CrescentFire Click to add this user to your buddy list  
3. "RE: Reviveless CE necro (another question)"
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON 04-18-01 AT 08:35 AM (PDT)

I have a friend who's partying with my sorc.. After CE, LR, and a bit of amp, what other skills should he juice?

-- CrescentFire

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic