Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Armory
Diablo II Strategy and Tactics
The forum for strategy questions and answers, strategy guides, and tactics discussion for Diablo II.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Trapsin Equipment" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Armory Topic #3569
Reading Topic #3569
SmokeyDaBear
Member since 17-Jul-02
01-Oct-02, 03:02 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail SmokeyDaBear Click to send private message to SmokeyDaBear Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM  
"Trapsin Equipment"

Well, I have a level 87 trap assassin and was wondering what I should do with one of the spots that isn't really filled in yet in the equipment.

Current equipment is as follows:

2xBartucs
Duriel's Shell
Harlequin Crest
+2 Assassin, 27% MF amulet
2xSOJ
Nat's Boots
Frostburn's
A +Life Plated Belt

I think I'm going to replace the Duriel's Shell with an UMed Skin of the Vipermagi and maybe a Mara's amulet instead of the current one (if I could get my hands on one).

About the belt, should I just gamble plated belts, or try to craft a "caster belt". I'm really looking for 4-belt rows.

Thanks

- SmokeyDaBear

Printer-friendly page | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
Trapsin Equipment [View All] SmokeyDaBear 01-Oct-02 TOP
  RE: Trapsin Equipment Dani 01-Oct-02 1
  Caster belt. Magic Rat 01-Oct-02 2
     RE: Caster belt. ElCoolMagnifico 01-Oct-02 3
         RE: Caster belt. SmokeyDaBear 02-Oct-02 4
             RE: Caster belt. Dani 02-Oct-02 6
                 What about Shaels? Epi 02-Oct-02 7
             Skills / Equipment Arutha 04-Oct-02 8
         Well, I did say FCR wouldn't hurt. Magic Rat 02-Oct-02 5

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Dani
Member since 13-Jan-03
01-Oct-02, 08:04 AM (GMT)
Click to send private message to Dani Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: Trapsin Equipment"
In response to message #0

>2xBartucs

Scratch these and get better trap claws. Shop in hell Anya for +3trap claws, even better if you get some combination of attributes to give your traps even more +, like +3 to WoI, +2 skills etc.

Magic Rat
Charter Member
01-Oct-02, 09:04 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Magic%20Rat Click to send private message to Magic%20Rat Click to add this user to your buddy list  
2. "Caster belt."
In response to message #0

Gambling for a plated belt is easier, as long as you can be happy with the mods that are available for rare and/or magic belts. This would be a good short-term solution.

But the best answer is to craft a caster belt. The advantage of this are the caster mods. Increased mana regeneration is the help here, and the increased mana and fast cast rate won't hurt either. The disadvantage is finding all those magical sharkskin or vampirefang belts to use, since you'll probably have to make several tries to find a good belt. Still, it's well worth the effort when you finally get a good one.

ElCoolMagnifico
Member since 28-Jul-02
01-Oct-02, 09:17 PM (GMT)
Click to send private message to ElCoolMagnifico Click to add this user to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM  
3. "RE: Caster belt."
In response to message #2

Fast Cast will do abesolutly nothing for traps.

The speed is calculated by Weapon Speed, ala (Chain)Lightning.

SmokeyDaBear
Member since 17-Jul-02
02-Oct-02, 04:16 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail SmokeyDaBear Click to send private message to SmokeyDaBear Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM  
4. "RE: Caster belt."
In response to message #3

Actually, I was after the increased mana regen Thanks anyway, I never knew that Trap Speed was based on IAS Probably wouldn't really matter with BOS speeding stuff up so mach.

About +3 trap claws, should I socket them with something? (I'd hope for 2 sockets of course). Probably an extra +1 in WoI, LS, and DS is worth the -1 in SM (woo, lots of abbreviations).

And finally, (yes I know, lot's of questions I've been meaning to ask) Where should I place skill points from now on? I've maxed Shadow Master/Lightning Sentry/Wake of Inferno/Death Sentry, so I'm not entirely sure what more I could do.

Again, thanks, and awaiting the next round of answers (sorry I didn't mention them earlier, I only really thought of them now).

- SmokeyDaBear

Dani
Member since 13-Jan-03
02-Oct-02, 02:48 PM (GMT)
Click to send private message to Dani Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
6. "RE: Caster belt."
In response to message #4

>About +3 trap claws, should I socket them with something?
>(I'd hope for 2 sockets of course). Probably an extra +1 in
>WoI, LS, and DS is worth the -1 in SM (woo, lots of
>abbreviations).

If you have mana problems, a pair of Tir's wouldn't be totally bad, although they don't solve the problems nearly as well as Frosties etc. do. Or resistance jewels. Well basically whatever you would put in an orb or Staff.

>And finally, (yes I know, lot's of questions I've been
>meaning to ask) Where should I place skill points from now
>on? I've maxed Shadow Master/Lightning Sentry/Wake of
>Inferno/Death Sentry, so I'm not entirely sure what more I
>could do.

Mind Blast wouldn't hurt. A point in Fade is also good for a trapper.
Cloak of Shadows could work as well (and you can blame it on the Master ).

Epi
Charter Member
02-Oct-02, 11:19 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Epi Click to send private message to Epi Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
7. "What about Shaels?"
In response to message #6

>>About +3 trap claws, should I socket them with something?
>
>If you have mana problems, a pair of Tir's wouldn't be
>totally bad, although they don't solve the problems nearly
>as well as Frosties etc. do. Or resistance jewels. Well
>basically whatever you would put in an orb or Staff.

If trap casting speed depends on IAS, may be it makes sense to put Shaels into sockets? At least, this is what I do for my CL sorceress (and it helps a lot!). Anybody has a numbers/formulas for the speed?

Thanks,
-Epi.

Arutha
Member since 10-Jan-03
04-Oct-02, 03:56 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Arutha Click to send private message to Arutha Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
8. "Skills / Equipment"
In response to message #4

I'll only add one equipment suggestion: a wand with charges of lower resist on your weapon switch. It can help a lot.

As for skills, well I think maxing both lighting sentry and death sentry was a waste of skills points.
Maxing mindblast would have given you some nice crowd control, nicely complementing Cloak of Shadows.
With good crowd control, you don't need to be able to place your traps in the blink of an eye, so I'd favour Fade over BoS.
Shadow Master is a better tank and packs a lot more punch, but Shadow warrior allows you to double the number of your traps at will. The fact they're of a lower skill level than yours is a moot point when they're Death Sentries.

Lastly, a minimal investment in melee skills like TS, Cobra strike could solve your mana regen. problems and help vs FI/LI critters.

Magic Rat
Charter Member
02-Oct-02, 09:29 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Magic%20Rat Click to send private message to Magic%20Rat Click to add this user to your buddy list  
5. "Well, I did say FCR wouldn't hurt."
In response to message #3

I didn't know that Traps were affected by Weapon Speed like CL, so thanks for passing that along. Still, FCR should help with the Shadow skills (although the 5-10% that is on the caster belt wouldn't make a tremendous difference).

I assumed that SmokeyDaBear was interested in a caster belt to help with mana regeneration (something my trapster has problems with occasionally). So he'd want max mana regen (10%) and max +mana (+20, which will also help mana regen), and anything he gets for FCR is icing on the cake whether he ever uses it or not. The other thing to look for is a decent set of the 1-5 random affixes that goes with it.

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic