Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Armory
Diablo II Strategy and Tactics
The forum for strategy questions and answers, strategy guides, and tactics discussion for Diablo II.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Trapsin" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Armory Topic #3709
Reading Topic #3709
Fridge2
Member since 8-Jan-03
12-Feb-03, 04:13 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Fridge2 Click to send private message to Fridge2 Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
"Trapsin"

I'm making a trapsin, and I was wondering about the 2 lightning trap skills. Lightning Sentry does more damage and has more shots, but Death Sentry has that corpse explosion thing.

Thank you for any help.

"Never be flippantly rude to elderly strangers in foreign hotels. They always turn out to be the king of Sweden" -Hector Hugh Munro

Printer-friendly page | Top
D2Player69
Member since 9-Jan-03
12-Feb-03, 05:45 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail D2Player69 Click to send private message to D2Player69 Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: Trapsin"
In response to message #0

Many folks will tell you that Lightning Sentry is for doing lightning damage and Death Sentry is for corpse explosion (fire and physical damage). In other words, the common wisdom is that it's plenty fine to invest points in both.

That said, my current trapper has maxed Wake of Fire and is now pumping Death Sentry, presently with 9 points invested in Act 1 NM at level 38. She's been really fun to play so far although I expect that Wake of Fire is going to become fairly weak in late NM and close to useless in Hell. But by Hell time, I'll have a third skill ready for action - I'm thinking of keeping her pure traps and using Blade Shield since my other Assassin is a pure martial artist (except for her weapon switch, where she has two claws with +skills in Death Sentry but nothing invested in that skill).

(Well, maybe not "pure" since both have one point invested in all the Shadow skills except Venom.)

Printer-friendly page | Top

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic