Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Armory
Diablo II Strategy and Tactics
The forum for strategy questions and answers, strategy guides, and tactics discussion for Diablo II.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Nilhathak Running Assassin" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Armory Topic #3710
Reading Topic #3710
NitNat
Member since 28-Jan-03
12-Feb-03, 09:31 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail NitNat Click to send private message to NitNat Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM  
"Nilhathak Running Assassin"

I've been thinking for the past few days that it would be an interesting idea to create a character that would run Nilhathak in search of small charms for cubing. Obviously the character should have some type of corpse removal, and so I've decided on an Assassin. Was just asking for some suggestions from all of you.

The main plan consists of getting to a high level, getting the Halls of Pain waypoint, putting points into Death Sentry, maintaining a high amount of HPs, and getting good fire resistance/damage reduced.

I don't know if I shall put points into Shadow Master or Warrior, and how many points I should put into the Death Sentry. Stat points and equipment, well, I haven't even thought of those, so any input is appreciated.

Thank you.

Printer-friendly page | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
Nilhathak Running Assassin [View All] NitNat 12-Feb-03 TOP
  RE: Nilhathak Running Assassin AtomicKitKat 12-Feb-03 1
  RE: Nilhathak Running Assassin Baajikiil 12-Feb-03 2
     RE: Nilhathak Running Assassin NitNat 12-Feb-03 3
         RE: Nilhathak Running Assassin Seise 14-Feb-03 4

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
AtomicKitKat
Member since 9-Jan-03
12-Feb-03, 01:42 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail AtomicKitKat Click to send private message to AtomicKitKat Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: Nilhathak Running Assassin"
In response to message #0

I've never really tried out a trap-sin so I can't give you so much info. I can tell you that you should probably bump your points mostly into Vitality and Energy(probably 1str/2vit/2en per level until you get str required for items you need. Dex should follow that rule also) Claw blocking is well, interesting. I don't know if it's affected by Dex. Most irritating thing about blocking in this game is that your base blocking chance goes lower the higher your level, which can lead to ridiculous situations like my level 25 paladin with base dex having only 4% chance to block Act 1 NORMAL Fallen(I KID YOU NOT) I would suggest you get the master, Max Death Sentry and Wake of Fire(Nihlathak teleports too much for Inferno to be very effective) and get some Burst of Speed/Fade(probably Fade will be heavily invested to help your fire resistance) For weapons, I'd suggest either a nice pair of +trap skill claws, or a nice weapon/shield combo with good resists. Felloak is a crappy weapon in general, but gives 60% lightning resist and 20% fire resist. Goldskin is a nice, relatively low level unique, giving +30 to all resists. By the way, do you mean charms or gems? Cos the last time I checked, the only recipe involving charms was the 3 skulls one which allowed you to reroll the stats. Corpse removal can be pretty quick if you use a Sorc with Glacial Spike(no corpses!) or a Necro with skeletons/mages. Just my thoughts though. Right, got distracted. Anyway, other items... I really suck at this, so I'll let others who know more tell you of other items(apart from cookie-cutter SoE+VG+Shaftstop damage reduction combo)

I lost my account and this is a new one.

Baajikiil
Member since 13-Jan-03
12-Feb-03, 03:38 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Baajikiil Click to send private message to Baajikiil Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
2. "RE: Nilhathak Running Assassin"
In response to message #0

>I don't know if I shall put points into Shadow Master or
>Warrior, and how many points I should put into the Death
>Sentry. Stat points and equipment, well, I haven't even
>thought of those, so any input is appreciated.
>
>Thank you.

Hmmm is this in hardcore? Are you planning on hell diff? If so, I expect you will need tons of vit. And or high %damage reduction and fire resist/absorb. Even with reliable corpse disposal, all it takes is one slip(or piece of bad luck) and his corpse explosion will have you starting over again.

Assassin may not be a BAD choice for fighting Nihilak, but I might be tempted to go with one of the high life varieties of characters. A barb with good equipment can ignore Nihilak's minions, and kill him first. That way there is little danger from his corpse explosion.

NitNat
Member since 28-Jan-03
12-Feb-03, 07:12 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail NitNat Click to send private message to NitNat Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM  
3. "RE: Nilhathak Running Assassin"
In response to message #2

Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. This is a Softcore/Hell difficulty character. I plan on pumping enough Str/Dex for my claw(s), and dumping the rest into Vit. I think I will rely on Claw Block for my blocking chances, but can I block a Corpse Explode with the claw block skill? Also, I was thinking about putting a few points into Dragon flight, as it would make the trip down to Nilhathak a bit faster i think.

Seise
Member since 14-Feb-03
14-Feb-03, 12:04 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Seise Click to send private message to Seise Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
4. "RE: Nilhathak Running Assassin"
In response to message #3

Last time I checked : Dragon Flight was bugged. It autotargets nearest minion, and therefore cut that strategy.

Death sentry sounds to be effective. Althought I haven't ever tested.

And guy who asked that charm/rune thing : ANY magical abilities can be re-rolled by using 3 perfect formula. That 6 P.skulls receipe nerfs item lvl down to 66. So its not option, for Item level 95 charm.

Seise

Yes : I PK
BlueMoon - Europe - Leader

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic