Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Maggot Lair
Diablo II Bug Discussion
Think you've found a new bug? Want to find out about the bugs present in Diablo II? Here you'll find discussion of gameplay bugs. Note that this isn't a technical support forum.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Yet another +skill/stat bug: melody runeword" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Maggot Lair Topic #1039
Reading Topic #1039
ldw
Member since 21-Jan-03
16-Dec-02, 07:34 PM (GMT)
Click to send private message to ldw Click to add this user to your buddy list  
"Yet another +skill/stat bug: melody runeword"

I've been combing in here to see if this was reported and whats below is slightly relevant but not really explaining what I've come up against.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forum/MaggotLair/980.html
and
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forum/MaggotLair/994.html
and
http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51593&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

I hit a bug in D2X 1.09d with my somewhat innocuous +3 bowskill ashwood bow with 3 sockets which became a melody bow (ShaelKoNef)
The problem happened on the realm but I've since reproduced it on SP using and equivalent junk character with Jamelas.

The bow requires 56/77 str/dex ... or so I thought.
It appears the bow in fact requires 87 Dex .. exactly 10 more than indicated. Curiously melody itself adds +10 dex as one of the runeword bonuses.

Now don't get me wrong.. at 77 dex one can equip the bow, but NONE of the +skill bonuses stack up to any skills (all pasives/bow skills had at least 1 point invested). Lifting the bow up and down doesnt change any of it (I've been through all of it.. lift,throw down, weapon switch etc. etc.)

I was merrily expecting my FA to raise by 6 skill points but instead nothing happened... until I placed *another 10* dex points in.

This is supposed to be a mageazon build I'm doing so I do not particularly want to pump dex at all to avoid this.

Oh and btw.. this was tested with a naked zon too (only bow equipped), so the order of re-equipping equipment by the game is irrelevant here.

I had an idea that maybe all the bows with +skills & +dex are affected . So I spawned me a lycanders but no. It works fine at its 110dex.

Does anyone have any advice or will this become yet another chapter in Bliz's everbuggy equipment bonuses saga.

Printer-friendly page | Top
Bun_Bun
Charter Member
16-Dec-02, 10:23 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Bun_Bun Click to send private message to Bun_Bun Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: Yet another +skill/stat bug: melody runeword"
In response to message #0

I've had a similar problem with a "Melody" stag bow. After starting a game it'll work for a minute or so, displaying the correct skill boosts. Then it goes away. FA fires, but can't hit anything, and all the skill boosts are zeroed. I think "Melody" on amazon bows is solidy bugged. It's worked for me on a Great Bow, though.

This was previously reported here, but I can't seem to find the old post.

--
You just say that because you have untreated Clue Deficit Disorder. -- Chris Leithiser

Printer-friendly page | Top

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic