Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Workshop
Diablo II Mechanics and Statistics
Knowledge is power. In this forum, we discuss detailed game mechanics and statistics, from how Diablo II functions, to the probabilities of events happening.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Hirelings Stats" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Workshop Topic #1213
Reading Topic #1213
Spirea
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 00:10 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Spirea Click to send private message to Spirea Click to add this user to your buddy list  
"Hirelings Stats"

LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 08:33 AM (PST)

Just completed a calculator on Hirelings Stats.

The HP, Str, Dex, Def was rather straight forward if the hireling's level are decent. But once they fall below in levels, there seem to be a minimum that applies to HP and Def that I have not yet figured out, so the calculator will show some negative numbers.

The resistance was complex, the gains are lower at higher levels. The minimum however is simply 0 in normal.

If you find any discrepancies (even if they are off by only 1), feel free to let me know.
For now, I'm going to bed, 3am .. :-P

http://spirea.lurkerlounge.com/Hirelings.shtml
(thanks Neutrality, for pointing it out .. edit to correct the URL)

Printer-friendly page | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
Hirelings Stats [View All] Spirea 06-Dec-01 TOP
  RE: Hirelings Stats Neutrality 06-Dec-01 1
  Nit channel1 06-Dec-01 2
     RE: Nit Spirea 06-Dec-01 3
         Lightning Kanrei 06-Dec-01 4
             RE: Lightning Mavfinadmin 06-Dec-01 5
                 RE: The real reason Apocalypse_Demon 06-Dec-01 6
                     RE: The real reason Ruvanal 06-Dec-01 9
                     Bat Lightning Trail wolf 10-Dec-01 23
                         from in-game Griseldaadmin 10-Dec-01 24
                         RE: Bat Lightning Trail Ruvanal 10-Dec-01 25
             RE: Lightning Tank 07-Dec-01 12
                 non-rogue merc? Griseldaadmin 08-Dec-01 17
                     RE: non-rogue merc? Ruvanal 08-Dec-01 18
     RE: Nit Ruvanal 06-Dec-01 8
         Level available to Hire channel1 07-Dec-01 13
             RE: Level available to Hire Ruvanal 07-Dec-01 14
  I knew I should have checked this forum earlier :P LiquidDamage 06-Dec-01 7
     RE: I knew I should have checked this forum earlier :P Spirea 06-Dec-01 10
         Here you go LiquidDamage 07-Dec-01 11
             Here you really go. Honest. LiquidDamage 07-Dec-01 16
                 RE: Here you really go. Honest. Spirea 09-Dec-01 22
                 RE: Here you really go. Honest. Spirea 11-Dec-01 31
                     Right on the fire rogue LiquidDamage 11-Dec-01 34
  RE: Hirelings info, very minor nit Crystalion 07-Dec-01 15
     Rogues cannot equip amazon bows Occhidiangela 09-Jul-02 43
  What about Skill levels? Epi 08-Dec-01 19
     Yes LiquidDamage 08-Dec-01 20
         Might Merc Ruvanal 08-Dec-01 21
         RE: Yes Spirea 11-Dec-01 35
             DOH! LiquidDamage 12-Dec-01 36
             Skills Table for Mercs LiquidDamage 12-Dec-01 37
                 Inconsistency with Spirea's Calculator CowInvader 09-Jun-02 39
  small mistake ;) Solmyr77 11-Dec-01 26
     RE: small mistake ;) Spirea 11-Dec-01 27
  observation on hireling damage BeneVidetur 11-Dec-01 28
     RE: observation on hireling damage whyBish 16-Jun-02 40
         RE: observation on hireling damage Ruvanal 17-Jun-02 41
  Ye another nit ;P GraysonCarlyle 11-Dec-01 32
     RE: Ye another nit ;P Spirea 11-Dec-01 33
         RE: Ye another nit ;P GraysonCarlyle 12-Dec-01 38
             RE: Ye another nit ;P Kyrene 18-Jun-02 42
                 About exp Hammerman 09-Jul-02 44

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Neutrality
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 00:27 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Neutrality Click to send private message to Neutrality Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: Hirelings Stats"
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 00:30 AM (PST)

Cool, but it would be nice if the link actually worked.

EDIT : You forgot .shtml after Hirelings.

-Neutrality-

channel1
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 11:17 AM (GMT)
Click to send private message to channel1 Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
2. "Nit"

Hirelings, also know as mercenaries, are available for a price after a quest is solved

In Act1 Normal Difficulty, you can Hire a Merc at CLevel 8 without completing the Quest.

I haven't checked yet for the CLevel requirements to hire without the quest in other difficulty levels and acts, but I assume that there will be a minimum CLevel when you can do this.

Also, it seems that Act1 Mercs get a "Lightning Breath" skill if they have equipment giving +3 (exactly) to skills. I haven't yet verified this, or determined the exact damage type or amount.

-rcv-

-rcv-

Spirea
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 11:39 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Spirea Click to send private message to Spirea Click to add this user to your buddy list  
3. "RE: Nit"
In response to message #2

Hm .. I didn't know it was changed.
It used to be that you need to kill Blood Raven before she tells you that there are rogue scouts are available.

Yes, I've gotten reports that hireling with +skills items behaves different, but I can't find any info indicating such in the mpq files, maybe it's hard coded.

Kanrei
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 11:55 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Kanrei Click to send private message to Kanrei Click to add this user to your buddy list  
4. "Lightning"
In response to message #3

I can confirm the lightning hose thing, atleast for sp. But it looks more like an unintentional feature since the merc seems not to be aware of the range and often casts the hose too fare away from the target to aktually hit something. For lower +skill the rogue will also change his arrow.

Mavfinadmin
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 02:19 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Mavfin Click to send private message to Mavfin Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
5. "RE: Lightning"
In response to message #4

I put a 'Lore' runeword helm on my rogue, and she shoots fire arrow every time. I've heard that with +2 skills, she will alternate cold and fire......

The +1 is nice, because then there's no AR check. Fire/Cold arrow always hits, if the monster doesn't move, so the rogue is more efficient.

--Mav

Apocalypse_Demon
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 02:38 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Apocalypse_Demon Click to send private message to Apocalypse_Demon Click to add this user to your buddy list  
6. "RE: The real reason"
In response to message #5

Okay, Ruvanal told me this so thank him for it. Basically, if you check out missiles.txt, find Rogue1. She shoots normal arrows, now adding +1 skills will actually make her shoot from the next entry below that which is Rogue2 which shoot firearrow. This is because the rogues arrows don't gain levels right so adding +skills to that can't make it go up anymore so it goes to the next entry. Now, adding +2 skills makes the rogue shoot from the missile Rogue3 which is 2 entries below and it shoots Ice Arrow. Now, adding +3 skills will make the missile 3 rows down to Bat Lightning Bolt. This makes her shoot lightning of some sort. +4 skills will give her Bat Lightning Trail. However, is Bat Lightning Trail or Bolt Diablo's LBOD? I'm thinking it's those lightning things that the bats attack you with. Again, I'm just basically saying what Ruvanal has told me, he can explain much more clearly than me...

Ruvanal
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 07:07 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Ruvanal Click to send private message to Ruvanal Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
9. "RE: The real reason"
In response to message #6

Oh well, Apocalypse_Demon started out good and then lost it at the end. The disscussion this is from is on the Bugs forum at diabloii.net.
http://forum.diabloii.net/forumwww/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=suggestions&Number=112521&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

In a test mod I whipped up some equipment for Paige (the Diablo understudy) that let her exhibit some of the the higher +skill levels.
at +3skills

at +52skills she is shooting a single pulse of Diablos LBoD

and again when I pushed up her IAS so that she could spam the Red Lightning

(if you paste the links into your search bar you should be able to see the pics)

Because of the nature of the bug it would not be spotted in the MPQs.

I actually reported on this first at the Lurker Lounge. But if you look at the time stamp on my reply you will see that it is shortly (hours I think) before the forums went down.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/perl/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=1107&forum=DCForumID3&archive=yes

wolf
Charter Member
10-Dec-01, 07:25 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail wolf Click to send private message to wolf Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
23. "Bat Lightning Trail"
In response to message #6

i thought i read somewhere (but can't confirm) that the skill the rogue gets at +4 is a poison attack of some sorts. has anyone tested this?

- wolf
"they that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- benjamin franklin (1706-1790), "historical review of pennsylvania"

Griseldaadmin
Charter Member
10-Dec-01, 08:36 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Griselda Click to send private message to Griselda Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
24. "from in-game"
In response to message #23

I don't know the "official" name for what's happening, but here's what I've seen in game.

The rogue has her normal arrow attack, plus a "blank" attack. She has the bow animation, but fires no arrow and does no damage. I've tested this a hit in PvP, and I didn't take a point of damage from the "blank" arrow.

-Griselda

Ruvanal
Charter Member
10-Dec-01, 03:49 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Ruvanal Click to send private message to Ruvanal Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
25. "RE: Bat Lightning Trail"
In response to message #23

At +4skills the effect is 'Bat Lightning Trail'. This is a charged bolt effect; but it will not move from where she is standing and therefore will not normally be able to hurt any thing with it.

+5 and +6skills are SkMage1 (poison) and SkMage2 (icebolt) respectively.

Tank
Charter Member
07-Dec-01, 10:18 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Tank Click to send private message to Tank Click to add this user to your buddy list  
12. "RE: Lightning"
In response to message #4

LAST EDITED ON 12-07-01 AT 10:22 AM (PST)

Actually I find that the merc is fully aware of the range issue (perhaps my merc is smarter ) because they shoot arrows until somethin get close then they do lightning primary, and oddly sometimes I noticed if say somethin is lightning immune they won't use their lightning attack, just arrows.

Perhaps its just me, but it seems that it possibly could be intended.. who knows..

What im surprised about is no one talked about slvl 5 which makes her shoot poison arrows, lightning attack is much more damage, but the poison is rather nice damage (over 2 seconds as far as I can tell), slvl5 is possible to do.. just forget the gear I used.. ahh yes harlequin, +2 magical bow which bought in a shop, and +1 skill armor.

Griseldaadmin
Charter Member
08-Dec-01, 09:43 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Griselda Click to send private message to Griselda Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
17. "non-rogue merc?"
In response to message #12

Has anybody tried this out on a non-merc rogue?

I'm playing an iron-wolf lightning variant, and it would be nice to add in some variety to the character after completing a quest or something.

I can test this out myself, but my char's merc needs to earn maybe 1 or 2 levels before wearing the sword I've picked for him.

-Griselda

Ruvanal
Charter Member
08-Dec-01, 11:52 AM (GMT)
18. "RE: non-rogue merc?"
In response to message #17

This is only a bug on the rogues due to their 'normal' arrow shot being set up in a non-standard way. Check the links that I posted above to get an idea of what is really happing with the bug.

Ruvanal
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 06:37 PM (GMT)
8. "RE: Nit"
In response to message #2

Yes the level 8 hireing of rogues has alway been in the game (most players kill Blood Raven well before this point) and the level 8 restriction applies to all difficulty levels. This also applies being able to have the merc resurrected in act 1.

Acts 2 and 3 do not have a level restriction for hireing mercs (or resurrecting).

Act 5 does not let you hire a barbarian till you complete quest 2, but you can always get your merc resurrected.

If you get a level 1 character up to the point that they are in one of the later acts/difficulties, the merc that they hire will be level 1 also. The merc that you hire will have the lower of the base level that is available for that act/difficulty or the level of the character.

channel1
Charter Member
07-Dec-01, 12:03 PM (GMT)
Click to send private message to channel1 Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
13. "Level available to Hire"
In response to message #8

I think (again, I haven't verified: I'm a lazy bugger), that the Hireling "Inventory" may get "Set" partly by the CLevel of the first person to access the Hireling Vendor.

At CLevel 66, my Zon hired a Barb Merc level 79 in a Hell game, where there were several characters running around at higher levels. I assume that somebody around CLevel 79 accessed the Hire with the vendor before I did. Perhaps this resets after a period, or if everyone leaves town, like the other vendors?

-rcv-

-rcv-

Ruvanal
Charter Member
07-Dec-01, 01:33 PM (GMT)
14. "RE: Level available to Hire"
In response to message #13

Makes sense to me. When I am not being a lazy buger too, I will have to test it.

LiquidDamage
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 02:59 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail LiquidDamage Click to send private message to LiquidDamage Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
7. "I knew I should have checked this forum earlier :P"

LAST EDITED ON 12-06-01 AT 03:12 PM (PST)

(Edit: P.S. at the bottom)
(2nd edit-- I need to have my eyes checked)

I just spent about an hour doing this:

Merc Type: Rogue
Difficulty: Normal Nightmare Hell
Starting Life: Level 3: 45 - -
Level 25: 221 185 -
Level 49: 413 385 369
+Life per Level 8 8 8
Starting Defense: Level 3: 15 - -
Level 25: 147 130 -
Level 49: 291 274 257
+Defense per Level 6 6 6
Starting Strength: Level 3: 35 - -
Level 25: 63 60 -
Level 49: 93 90 87
+Strength per Level 1.25 1.25 1.25
Starting Dex: Level 3: 45 - -
Level 25: 89 84 -
Level 49: 137 132 127
+Dex per Level 2 2 2
Starting AR: Rogue mercs apparently do not use AR, as all AR related values are listed as 0
+AR per Level See above
Starting Damage: Level 3: 1-3 - -
Level 25: 7-9 6-8 -
Level 49: 19-21 18-20 17-19
+Damage per Level Level 3: .25 .25 .25
Level 25: .5 .5 .5
Level 49: .75 .75 .75
Starting Resist All: Level 3: 0 - -
Level 25: 44 41 -
Level 49: 86 83 80
+Resist All per Level Level 3: 2 2 2
Level 25: 1.75 1.75 1.75
Level 49: 1.25 1.25 1.25

I'm glad I decided that I was going to post one merc at a time.

That calculator is awesome Spirea, and a heck of a lot more easy to use than this

P.S. The minimum life is 40 (at least on the hireling screen, but we all know that doesn't guarantee anything) in testing.

Also, where did you get that bit about Fire sorcerers getting extra resistances? I don't see it anywhere in the hireling.txt file.

P.P.S. I see it now

-LiquidDamage

Spirea
Charter Member
06-Dec-01, 09:12 PM (GMT)
10. "RE: I knew I should have checked this forum earlier :P"
In response to message #7

The level there needs interpretation I think.
Because you can get level 1 hireling from Act 5 Hell difficulty.
(if your character can advance and remain at level 1).
The fire sorcerors getting extra resistance was what I discovered in the mpq file. That only applies to those hired in normal difficulty too.

Act 3 hireling has higher minimum life I think.
That's why I did not simply put a floor of 40 in my calculator.
If you have Jamella's editor, I can use some help.

I need info on level 1 hirelings from the individual acts, all hired from Hell difficulty (I think that will allow us to discover the minimum), and info on level 2 hirelings just to confirm (should have the same minimum).

Thanks in advanced for any help I get.

LiquidDamage
Charter Member
07-Dec-01, 03:42 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail LiquidDamage Click to send private message to LiquidDamage Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
11. "Here you go"
In response to message #10

LAST EDITED ON 12-07-01 AT 03:45 AM (PST)

(edit: Note-- I titled this "here you go" because I intended on posting the information when I started the post. I started the post before I actually collected the information-- for some reason I thought all you cared about were the life totals when I first wrote the title. Now I am tired, and rambling on and on and on)

First, yeah you are right about the table needing some interpretation. I was planning on explaining that once they hit the level listed, they start using the new per level values, and how they calculate lower levels by subtracting the per level bonus from the base. I figured your calculator made any explanations I had of my little table obsolete.

I have the info you want about those hell mercs on paper, I will post them in a table tomorrow (I am damn tired). Here is a "teaser": only act 3 mercs gain life at level 2.

-LiquidDamage

LiquidDamage
Charter Member
07-Dec-01, 11:11 PM (GMT)
16. "Here you really go. Honest."
In response to message #11

Here is stat info for mercs bought in hell (the different types of merc in each act do not differ in stats):

Merc Type Act 1 Act 2 Act 3 Act 5
Lvl 1 Lvl 2 Lvl 1 Lvl 2 Lvl 1 Lvl 2 Lvl 1 Lvl 2
Life 40 40 40 40 40 44 40 40
Strength 27 29 36 38 24 26 46 48
Dexterity 31 33 20 22 18 19 21 22
Damage 0-1 0-1 0-1 0-1 0-1 0-1 0-1 0-1
Defense 7 8 5 5 4 4 5 5
Resistances 20 22 44 45 40 41 59 60

And here is exp and cost info (different types of mercs do have different exp values):

Merc Type Level 1 Exp Level 2 Exp Level 3 Exp Cost
Cold Rogue 250 1500 4500 14000
Fire Rogue 240 1440 1560 12500
Any Act 2 260 1560 4680 15000
Cold Sorc 280 1680 5040 27000
Fire or Lightning Sorc 260 1560 4680 21000
Barbarian 280 1680 5040 32000

-LiquidDamage

Spirea
Charter Member
09-Dec-01, 06:32 PM (GMT)
22. "RE: Here you really go. Honest."
In response to message #16

Thanks for the tests.

That minimum 40 life isn't found in the mpq, probably some hard-coded values.

Also, the defense, probably hard-coded to be 0, but the dexterity bonus is what makes the difference.

Now, I wonder if I can assume that the same decode is use for attack rating and provide computation for the attack rating that is not shown on the hireling screen. There won't be any way of easily verifying it though.

Spirea
Charter Member
11-Dec-01, 11:51 AM (GMT)
31. "RE: Here you really go. Honest."
In response to message #16

Fire Rogue (Level 3 Exp), I think it should be 4320, not 1560.
All seems to be 36 * the mpq value.
Not sure how to compute further.
Level 1 seems to be 2x.
Level 2 seems to be 12x.
Level 3 seems to be 36x.
I still cannot see a pattern evolving.

LiquidDamage
Charter Member
11-Dec-01, 02:46 PM (GMT)
34. "Right on the fire rogue"
In response to message #31

I used to do that in school. I would do all of my math calculations, come up with the right answer, and then write the wrong one in the spot where the answer went.

On my sheet of paper here it says 4320.

-LiquidDamage

Crystalion
Charter Member
07-Dec-01, 05:31 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Crystalion Click to send private message to Crystalion Click to add this user to your buddy list  
15. "RE: Hirelings info, very minor nit"

>If you find any discrepancies

Nice. Very helpful.

The Hireling info table the link leads to doesn't mention that (for me, v1.09 SP at least) Act2 Mercs equip javalins just fine (patched perhaps?). I don't recall the result last time I tried to equip one with an Amazon class spear or javalin however.

And although you do say "Rogue Scouts (No, they are not Amazons)" it is my recollection that they were patched to be able to equip Amazon bows (I can't remember whether I tested this).

-- Crystalion

Occhidiangela
Charter Member
09-Jul-02, 01:22 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Occhidiangela Click to send private message to Occhidiangela Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
43. "Rogues cannot equip amazon bows"
In response to message #15

I tried. No can do. They can, however, equip +X amazon skill regular bows . . .

Amazon pikes no workee on my Act II Merc.

I prefer Pikes and Lances anyway.

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!

Epi
Charter Member
08-Dec-01, 06:26 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Epi Click to send private message to Epi Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
19. "What about Skill levels?"

Very nice table, but one thing is missing - what's the skill level of Act 3 mercenaries (I assume the skills are the same as sorceress' ones - correct?), and what's the level of Act 2 merc's auras? Does it depends on where they're hired?

Thanks,
-Epi.

LiquidDamage
Charter Member
08-Dec-01, 07:37 PM (GMT)
20. "Yes"
In response to message #19

It does depend on where they are hired. For example, Act 2 defense mercs purchased in Normal have a max sLvl for their Defiance of 18. Those purchased in Hell max at 16. The basic rule for maxing out skills and stats on any merc is: buy it in normal difficulty, unless you want the auras offered in nightmare. It doesn't matter what level you buy them at, how many players are in the game, or any thing else-- only difficulty level makes a difference between mercs of the same act and subtype.

I figure if I start writing up a table for the merc skills now, Spirea will put up a calculator for it that also washes your car in about an hour and a half.

That is, he will put it up in an hour and a half, The car wash will likely take 5 minutes.

Let the race begin!

-LiquidDamage

Ruvanal
Charter Member
08-Dec-01, 10:54 PM (GMT)
21. "Might Merc"
In response to message #20

It may be of some interest to know that the Act 2 Nightmare Offensive Merc (Might) should get upto slvl 30 or 31 when they are level 99. Some of the Iron Wolves can get up near this also but most of the mercs slvl will top out in the upper teens.

Spirea
Charter Member
11-Dec-01, 05:36 PM (GMT)
35. "RE: Yes"
In response to message #20

>I figure if I start writing
>up a table for the
>merc skills now, Spirea will
>put up a calculator for
>it that also washes your
>car in about an hour
>and a half.

I am not sure what you mean, but I am waiting for your table, so I can make the calculator.

>Let the race begin!

I don't like to race, and see no sense in duplication of effort.

LiquidDamage
Charter Member
12-Dec-01, 00:03 AM (GMT)
36. "DOH!"
In response to message #35

I umm... kinda forgot that I said I would do that.

I guess I'd better get cracking. I'll have it up in the next hour or two.

-LiquidDamage

LiquidDamage
Charter Member
12-Dec-01, 02:02 AM (GMT)
37. "Skills Table for Mercs"
In response to message #35

LAST EDITED ON 12-12-01 AT 02:05 AM (PST)

(edit: P.S. at bottom. And, yes, I actually used preview this time)

I didn't include the whole "chance" bit, because the table would have been even more unweildy than it is. We can cover that later.

HirelingSubTypeDifficultyLevelSkill1Level1LvlPerLvl1Skill2Level2LvlPerLvl2Skill3Level3LvlPerLvl3
Rogue ScoutAllNormalInner Sight 10 Fire / Cold Arrow10    
25 10 10    
49 14 10 14 10    
Nightmare25 10 10    
49 13 10 13 10    
Hell 49 12 10 12 10    
Desert MercenaryAllNormalJab10 Prayer / Defiance / Blessed Aim10    
31 10 10 10 10    
55 17 18    
Combat / DefensiveNightmare31 10 Thorns / Holy Freeze10    
55 16 17    
Hell 55 15 Prayer / Defiance 16    
OffensiveNightmare31 10 Might10    
55 16 16 10    
Hell 55 15 Blessed Aim 15    
Eastern Sorceror  ColdNormal15 Glacial SpikeFrozen Armor10 Ice Blast10 
37 10 13 10 
61 16 20 
Nightmare 37 10 12 10 
61 15 19 
Hell 61 15 18 
FireNormal15 Inferno10 Fire Ball10    
37 13 10 11 10    
61 20 18 10    
Nightmare37 12 10 10 10    
61 19 17 10    
Hell 61 18 16    
LightningNormal15 Charged BoltLightning10    
37 10 10    
61 12 17 10    
Nightmare37 10    
61 11 16 10    
Hell 61 10 15 10    
Barbarian1 handed swordNormal28 Bash10 Stun   
42 10    
75 20 16    
Nightmare 42 10    
75 19 15    
Hell 75 18 14    

Here is a brief explanation of the column names and their purpose, except for the obvious ones.

Level: This column is a kind of level benchmark that the game uses to calculate hireling stats based on their clvl (or should I say hlvl?). I don't know exactly how it works, but I believe that it chooses the closest one, and adds or subtracts the values from the perlvl fields.

Level1/2/3: This is the slvl of the skill that the number represents-- Level1 is for Skill1, Level2 is for Skill2, etc.

Lvlperlvl1/2/3: This is the number, in 32nds, that is added each level to a hireling's slvl of the skill it corresponds to. I should have gone ahead and converted it, but I forgot, and now it would be a major pain in the ass to do that and run through the conversions to make this table work and look good in this post (I will write a script for that someday...)

Special things to notice: It seems that the numbers don't quite add up for each benchmark-- adding 10/32nds of a skill level per level from 3rd level to 49th would give a rogue a level 15 skill, yet the table lists a 14th level skill at that level. I do not know if the game tracks based on the closest benchmark throughout the entire leveling process, or if it uses the benchmark that was closest to their level when they were purchased.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, some hirelings do not cap on certain skills, like the Might merc, any Rogue scout, the Lightning sorcerer, and the normal and nightmare Fire sorcerers.

P.S. It seems that they intended to include two types of barb mercs at first-- there are double entries for all of their levels, but with different ID columns. They are listed as sub-type "1hs". Perhaps they intended a 1 handed sword user that used a shield, or two weapons, and then decided only to implement the two handed sword user?

-LiquidDamage

CowInvader
Charter Member
09-Jun-02, 02:00 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail CowInvader Click to send private message to CowInvader Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
39. "Inconsistency with Spirea's Calculator"
In response to message #37

Spirea, check the slvl of the skills on the act 3 cold mercs, it seems that you have the hell mercenary as being able to get higher slvls than the nightmare ones.

Solmyr77
Charter Member
11-Dec-01, 02:13 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Solmyr77 Click to send private message to Solmyr77 Click to add this user to your buddy list  
26. "small mistake ;)"

You've mixed up the nm Mercs from act2, it should be offensive>>Might, defensive>>HolyFreeze if I'm not totally wrong.

Spirea
Charter Member
11-Dec-01, 07:55 AM (GMT)
27. "RE: small mistake ;)"
In response to message #26

Thanks for pointing out the error, I had the normal/hell ones mixed up too.

BeneVidetur
Charter Member
11-Dec-01, 09:04 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail BeneVidetur Click to send private message to BeneVidetur Click to add this user to your buddy list  
28. "observation on hireling damage"

nice calc
I did some test on the melee damage of hirelings. They showed the damage is calculated the same way as for chars. But I found 2
differences:
1) the hireling has some sort of inherent hireling damage (IHD) that is added to the weapon damage. Thats why the merc also does
damage wehn he is using no weapon. This inherent damage seems to increase linearly with the hlvl for act2 and act5 hirelings. Further
tests are needed here.
2) if the weapon the hireling is using has the magic property "damage increased based on char level", that damage is doubled. This seems
to be a bug. I suppose it is connected to the inherent damage. Perhaps the game uses the same variable for both these 2 damages and
doesnt clear the variable before the IHD is calculated, so the lvl based damage is applied 2 times.

whyBish
Charter Member
16-Jun-02, 11:31 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail whyBish Click to send private message to whyBish Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
40. "RE: observation on hireling damage"
In response to message #28

If it is just a linear relation then it would be the strength (or dex for act 1 merc) multiplier.

Ruvanal
Charter Member
17-Jun-02, 02:11 PM (GMT)
41. "RE: observation on hireling damage"
In response to message #40

No, there are columns in the hireling.txt file for their base damage. The columns are Dmg-Min, Dmg-Max and Dmg/Lvl. The Min/Max values are straight values and the Dmg/Lvl is the amount (in 8ths) that these will increase when they level up.

It is not quite as linear as BeneVidetur stated it. But that is probably due to which mercs he checked this on and on whether or not they leveled through one of the break points in his testing.

His point 2 is mostly likely a correct assessment of the situation also.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~phrozenkeep/site/guide-hirelingtxt.php

GraysonCarlyle
Charter Member
11-Dec-01, 11:53 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail GraysonCarlyle Click to send private message to GraysonCarlyle Click to add this user to your buddy list  
32. "Ye another nit ;P"

You can't ever get a hireling past level 98... so you don't really need to calculate for 99

Confucious says: "Man who is on bottom is f*cking up"

Spirea
Charter Member
11-Dec-01, 12:12 PM (GMT)
33. "RE: Ye another nit ;P"
In response to message #32

Have you tested it or was it just from Arreat Summit?
A hireling can be the same level as the character IIRC,
so unless they put a hard cap on 98 (which I doubt), it should be possible to get to 99.

GraysonCarlyle
Charter Member
12-Dec-01, 11:04 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail GraysonCarlyle Click to send private message to GraysonCarlyle Click to add this user to your buddy list  
38. "RE: Ye another nit ;P"
In response to message #33

This was from my own experience in SP. My merc gained levels far faster than I did. He didn't gain ANY exp if he was the level lower than I, but about 1/6th into the next level, he'd be a level lower than me again... or I could be confused :/ Been a few weeks since I played.

Confucious says: "Man who is on bottom is f*cking up"

Kyrene
Charter Member
18-Jun-02, 04:53 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Kyrene Click to send private message to Kyrene Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
42. "RE: Ye another nit ;P"
In response to message #38

In my experience in SP, my mercs always catch up in level to my characters. I currently have a level 74 Amazon, with a level 74 Town Guard. My guess is that a level 99 merc is possible.

Another 'bug' is that Barbarian mercs using a two handed sword displays the damage as being the merc base damage + 1-handed weapon damage + 2-handed weapon damage multiplied by the strength modifier. I don't know if the actual damage is equal to this and have no way of currently testing this.

Hammerman
Member since 13-Jan-03
09-Jul-02, 02:41 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Hammerman Click to send private message to Hammerman Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
44. "About exp"
In response to message #42

Hello all, first post.

Mercs exp tables (or breakpoints; the exp needed for next level) is calculated as:

level*((level+1)^2)*ExpLvl

Also, mercs have a cap for how much exp they can get per kill:

(exp needed for next level - exp needed for current level) / 64

Other than that, they follow the same exp formula as players.

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic