Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Workshop
Diablo II Mechanics and Statistics
Knowledge is power. In this forum, we discuss detailed game mechanics and statistics, from how Diablo II functions, to the probabilities of events happening.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Formula are needed" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Workshop Topic #166
Reading Topic #166
taylorjonl
Charter Member
12-Jun-01, 10:21 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail taylorjonl Click to send private message to taylorjonl Click to add this user to your buddy list  
"Formula are needed"

I am writing a program in JavaBeans that will basically track an inventory across multiple accounts and also calculate a persons final stats with the Str, dex, vit and energy inputed. I would like to make the program be able to calculate the attack rating. Does anyone know where to find the formula of how to calculate this and also how the base attack rating of the weapon is figured.

If anyone is interested in helping and can program in Java or JavaBeans email me. Also if you have any recommendations for any other features I am open to comment.

taylorjonl@hotmail.com

Printer-friendly page | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
Formula are needed [View All] taylorjonl 12-Jun-01 TOP
  RE: Formula are needed Justibone 12-Jun-01 1
     RE: Formula are needed Chuck 12-Jun-01 3
         RE: Formula are needed Justibone 13-Jun-01 4
  RE: Formula are needed Shaolin PikaChu 12-Jun-01 2

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Justibone
Charter Member
12-Jun-01, 02:44 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Justibone Click to send private message to Justibone Click to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: Formula are needed"
In response to message #0

IIRC, each point in dex is +5 to AR. I think that the information is on the actual lurker lounge page (http://www.lurkerlounge.com) somewhere, or it may be on Spirea's page (http://spirea.lurkerlounge.com).

Good luck! I don't program Java, just Javascript. (And yes, I know that those two have almost nothing at all in common. )

Baron Justibone,
Summoner DeathMage

Chuck
Charter Member
12-Jun-01, 10:41 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Chuck Click to send private message to Chuck Click to add this user to your buddy list  
3. "RE: Formula are needed"
In response to message #1

Each dex is +4 to AR, not +5. Also dex adds to DR, it's miniscule though, something like every 4 dex adds +1 DR.

The formula for dex (before items) is something like 4*dex - 28 I think, or 4*(dex-7), whichever way you want to present it.

Justibone
Charter Member
13-Jun-01, 08:06 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Justibone Click to send private message to Justibone Click to add this user to your buddy list  
4. "RE: Formula are needed"
In response to message #3

Thank you, Chuck.

Baron Justibone,
Summoner DeathMage

Shaolin PikaChu
Charter Member
12-Jun-01, 05:36 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Shaolin%20PikaChu Click to send private message to Shaolin%20PikaChu Click to add this user to your buddy list  
2. "RE: Formula are needed"
In response to message #0

Im just going to come in on this thread with some requests also . Can someone provide or point the way to how Masteries , Combat skills , weapons etc are properly calculated ?

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic