Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Maggot Lair
Diablo II Bug Discussion
Think you've found a new bug? Want to find out about the bugs present in Diablo II? Here you'll find discussion of gameplay bugs. Note that this isn't a technical support forum.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "% skill effect on attack / being struck mod" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Maggot Lair Topic #1000
Reading Topic #1000
Arutha
Member since 10-Jan-03
30-Aug-02, 08:32 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Arutha Click to send private message to Arutha Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
"% skill effect on attack / being struck mod"

I read in some posts that patch 1.09b (or is it "c"?) introduced a bug that made those mods ineffective.
That surprised me some, because I couldn't remember experiencing it. Oh, I remembered about some uniques being bugged and actually experienced it the short while I was using lava gouts (basically, in some games they worked fine, in others they didn't).

I started playing again on Bnet 2-3 weeks ago and found some items with that mod. (esp. a rare war sword with 5% amp damage) and they worked fine so that got me a little confused.
Then I quickly grew disgusted with the Bnet crowd again, and went back to single-player. Today I gambled two such items and equipped them.
None of them works. You can see the skill graphics for a split second, but no effect.

So it seems clear that this is a case of a single-player mode only bug.

Printer-friendly page | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
% skill effect on attack / being struck mod [View All] Arutha 30-Aug-02 TOP
  RE: % skill effect on attack / being struck mod Ruvanal 30-Aug-02 1
     Thank you SO MUCH for that info Grayloch 02-Sep-02 2

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Ruvanal
Charter Member
30-Aug-02, 08:57 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Ruvanal Click to send private message to Ruvanal Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
1. "RE: % skill effect on attack / being struck mod"
In response to message #0

The 'bug' is in patches 1.09c and 1.09d. It did apply on the realms for a few weeks before it was fixed there.

At Phrozen Keep you can find the 1.09b DLLs that you can download and use to re-enable this effect. Just make sure that you back up the 1.09d DLLs for swaping out to play on the realms or any furture patch upgrades.

Grayloch
Member since 9-Jan-03
02-Sep-02, 06:36 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Grayloch Click to send private message to Grayloch Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
2. "Thank you SO MUCH for that info"
In response to message #1

I have been bugged for a couple of months now about the fact that my "%chance to cast" items were not working in single-player. I had considered uninstalling and re-installing the program and patching with 1.09b, but that would have cut me off the realms, not to mention being a time-consuming PITA.

When I read your post, I immediately went over to Phrozen Keep and downloaded the 1.09b DLLs. I found to my great delight that by swapping one DLL file, I can revert to 1.09b and have all the "%chance to cast" items working again in single-player, and swapping it again lets me play on the realms. I now have the best of both worlds! Thank you so much! Thank you! Thank you!

-G.

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic