Diablo IIThe Lurker Lounge
      ABOUT · CHAT · COMMUNITY · FORUM · NEWS

The Workshop
Diablo II Mechanics and Statistics
Knowledge is power. In this forum, we discuss detailed game mechanics and statistics, from how Diablo II functions, to the probabilities of events happening.
Questions?  Read the Forum FAQ and please obey the Forum Rules.

Subject: "Fire Golem explosion damage?" Archived thread - Read only

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Printer-friendly copy     Email this topic to a friend    
Conferences The Workshop Topic #107
Reading Topic #107
OgreZilla
Charter Member
03-Jun-01, 04:55 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail OgreZilla Click to send private message to OgreZilla Click to add this user to your buddy list  
"Fire Golem explosion damage?"

I was playing single player trying to figure out the damage that fire golem does when it dies or gets recast. I am going to need to try it in harder difficulties because everything died in 1 hit from it except bosses. I thought its hp had something to do with it, but it didnt really look different at no golem mastery and 20 golem mastery. I tried it on a lot of enemies in act1 hell, none that had fire resistence so it would be accurate. It took about 1/4th a gargantuan beasts life each hit, about 2/3 of a dark hunter and about half of a skeleton. My numbers are all approximates but it seems like they should be close. None of these monsters have resist to fire so i didnt have to factor resist in. I used the max and min life of the monsters(got stats from chaos sanctuary)and found out was was doing an average of about 176 damage to everything around it. I am pretty sure the radius of the blast is 5 yards. Its in between 4 and 6 , it could be like 4.9 or something but its around 5. Now, this wasnt a very thorough test. Took me about an hour, and i am still not sure about the damage. Im am almost positive the hp of the golem or the golems level doesnt matter though. I was thinking of creating a Nukeromancer, using this as my main attack. Looking at this though, it wouldnt be worth it i dont think. Having a starting mana cost of 50 and going up very high, it seems like it is weaker than bone spear against groups, and definately seems weaker than spirit for single enemies. So if anyone has more information about this i would appreciate it.

"I fart in your general direction"

Printer-friendly page | Top

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
Fire Golem explosion damage? [View All] OgreZilla 03-Jun-01 TOP
  RE: Fire Golem explosion damage? Swarmalicious 03-Jun-01 1
  RE: Fire Golem explosion damage? TheGunOwner 03-Jun-01 2
     Why? It's a 'feature' not an attack, I doubt it'll ever be '... Elric of Gransadmin 03-Jun-01 3
     RE: Fire Golem explosion damage? OgreZilla 04-Jun-01 4
         On the other hand... Jester 04-Jun-01 6
  RE: Fire Golem explosion damage? Justibone 04-Jun-01 5

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Swarmalicious
Member since 9-Feb-03
03-Jun-01, 05:42 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Swarmalicious Click to send private message to Swarmalicious Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM  
1. "RE: Fire Golem explosion damage?"
In response to message #0

Hmm. thats a great idea for a variant...
With my experience it would be seriously tough to come up with the mana for repeated fire golem casting.
Hmmmmm... BUT a few points in lower resist, with frosts.. wall of the eyeless, and maybe a paladin accompliss with maxed out meditation ...Im thinking its doable. Would be pretty cool to see, regardless. Good luck

TheGunOwner
Member since 8-Aug-02
03-Jun-01, 06:45 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail TheGunOwner Click to send private message to TheGunOwner Click to view user profileClick to add this user to your buddy list  
2. "RE: Fire Golem explosion damage?"

Greetings,

I recently determined that killing monsters with the fire golems splash damage gives you ZERO experience. I was quite sad to find this out and hope it is fixed in the expansion.

TheGunOwner

Elric of Gransadmin
Charter Member
03-Jun-01, 06:58 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Elric%20of%20Grans Click to send private message to Elric%20of%20Grans Click to add this user to your buddy list  
3. "Why? It's a 'feature' not an attack, I doubt it'll ever be 'fixed' (nt)"
In response to message #2

OgreZilla
Charter Member
04-Jun-01, 06:17 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail OgreZilla Click to send private message to OgreZilla Click to add this user to your buddy list  
4. "RE: Fire Golem explosion damage?"
In response to message #2

well damn. That is the deciding factor. I guess no nukeromancers any time soon.

"I fart in your general direction"

Jester
Charter Member
04-Jun-01, 10:09 PM (GMT)
Click to EMail Jester Click to send private message to Jester Click to add this user to your buddy list  
6. "On the other hand..."
In response to message #4

They might be able to kill monsters with the sheer force of Sirian's head exploding...

God may not play dice with the universe, but I'd sure like to give it a shot.

-Jester

Justibone
Charter Member
04-Jun-01, 06:59 AM (GMT)
Click to EMail Justibone Click to send private message to Justibone Click to add this user to your buddy list  
5. "RE: Fire Golem explosion damage?"

Someone did pVp tests, and determined that it should be doing about 100 fire and 100 physical to monsters. Extra points in GM or in FG didn't change this.

If you want to build a "nukeromancer" I would suggest in the XPack getting a wand with FG on it and not investing any skill points in it, just so you could control the mana cost and still wear a bunch of +skills items. Just a thought.

Baron Justibone,
Summoner DeathMage

Conferences | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic