2) Tennis
3) Touch Rugby
4) Badminton
5) Life

(Hopefully not in order)

What are they?

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
OK, in no particular order:

Diablo I/II (can't wait for III!) Addictive, and I was hosting the Lounge when LoD came out, iirc. Diablo led me here, really.

Alpha Centauri/Civ 3/4/5 series (One more turn! Just one more!) Started out with Alpha Centauri, then Civ 3/4/5.

Harpoon I/II/III Obscure naval/air sim. The graphics are still 1990, but the engine is 2010 now, I played Admiral for DAYS, it seems.

World of Warcraft There will probably never be an MMO astride the world the way it is/was again. And yes, Treesh was always the best people.

Neverwinter Nights (+SoU/HoU) I was playing this when I bought WoW. I tried every build I could think of. My altoholism really took off here.

Honorable Mention: Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2. I usually don't like FPS, but, for whatever reason, I like these two. Got them for 10 bucks together on Steam one Halloween. Great when I just need to blow up something.
--Mav
(11-02-2011, 06:53 PM)Taem Wrote: Besides, it's my sly way of seeing who likes what games, and if those people have enough game I also enjoy, then I can see what "other" games they enjoyed and give those games a try since I'm in a bit of a gaming stint.

May I (highly) suggest Terraria or Dungeon Defenders? Both are very fun single player games, but can be even moreso in multiplayer (especially Dungeon Defenders - truly a MP-favorable game), and both are cheap. I've only done Terraria in SP, but the bang-for-buck is definitely there. Dungeon Defenders I just started playing (even though I bought it when it first came out), and have been rolling with some of the Basin crew (I've stolen some of the World of Tanks guys, and now we're all hooked on DD to cope with a little burnout from WoT). Loads of fun, especially with voice comms. If you've never heard of Dungeon Defenders, basically it's a multiplayer RPG / tower defense game. In a word: it rocks! I highly suggest it, especially if you're a fan of Diablo and Torchlight.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Oooof, I played so many worth mentioning, let's see...

1: The Elder Scrolls series. I have clocked over 100 hours on Skyrim in the month since it's out. I can only imagine the hours I spent on the previous games. The freedom, the modding community and the rich world makes it fascinating. Skyrim has some serious issues (especially in the area of balance) but I trust for the modding community to step up and fix that, just as they did in the previous games.
2: Baldur's Gate I+II+expansions. With some mods, you can make it almost one seamless game (by playing BG I on the BG II engine). The story was very rich, the combat fun and challenging. I finished the entire series 3 times, exploring every nook and cranny. Sadly, there are no real random elements to it except random encounters, and you couldn't really affect the storyline, or this game would have been the top of my list.
3: World of Warcraft. Even though I am completely and utterly done with it, I played it for many years, longer then I played any game. I can only imagine the sickening amount of hours I spent on it. The fact that an ancient game like that still has over 10 million people playing it and paying a monthly fee makes it a titan in the history of gaming.
4: Crusader; No Remorse & Crusader; No Regret. While not stellar games, I nonetheless loved these games and it is from there I got my nickname.
5: The Legend of Zelda. My favorite game on the NES 8 bit, the only console I ever owned (because it had the only controller I ever liked other then a mouse+keyboard). I still have the music playing in my head if I think of this game. I also like the franchise, and have watched Let's Play's of some other incarnations of the series, of which I just love Twilight Princess. I don't know, Midna was kind of perfect in her impish way and Wolf Link was an interesting thing to try out.
6: Final Fantasy III/VI (Jap/world). I played it on an emulator a long time after the game came out, and it still enchanted me. Great game.
7: World of Tanks. Free to play, fast rounds, and WWII tanks! A fun multiplayer game that's easy to get into but is surprisingly rich. I recommend folk to try it out. Did I mention it's free?
8: Dune II. Had me hooked for countless hours and got me hooked to RTS for a long time, leading to....
9: Warcraft I&II. Where Warcraft started. Good storyline and the typical Blizzard humor. I never liked the style of Warcraft III.
10: Call of Duty; Modern Warfare 2. One of the few shooters I really liked, as it rewarded tactical insight as well as being good with a trigger. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but this one is the one I liked most.
11: Joust. My favorite game on the Atari ST 512, which was our first home computer. Blizzard made a little tribute to it in WoW-Cataclysm.
12: Starsiege: Tribes One of the few FPS games that got vehicles right.
13 Mechwarrior series A FPS where dodging is not an option forces you to think more tactically. I loved this series, and can't wait for the upcoming new incarnation.
14: God of War series. Again, I never played it, but watching a complete playthrough is just as entertaining.
15: Rome: Total War Loved this game. Probably because I like the Roman era as a setting, combined with my lobe for RTS.
16: X-Com: Ufo Defense&Terror from the deep Now here was a strategy game! And it scared the crap outta me as a kid.

I just know I am forgetting stuff, but this is as far as I can get now.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
(12-11-2011, 10:27 AM)Crusader Wrote: Oooof, I played so many worth mentioning, let's see...

While surfing from one of the links Crusader listed, I stumbled on this. It's scary how many of those I had fed with quarters long before they were "vintagee" and that I could still instantly name from the quick snippets of video (without the cheat sheet list below the video).
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(12-11-2011, 04:55 PM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(12-11-2011, 10:27 AM)Crusader Wrote: Oooof, I played so many worth mentioning, let's see...

While surfing from one of the links Crusader listed, I stumbled on this. It's scary how many of those I had fed with quarters long before they were "vintagee" and that I could still instantly name from the quick snippets of video (without the cheat sheet list below the video).

One of these days, I will have a Galaga standup machine.
See you in Town,
-Z
(12-13-2011, 10:21 PM)Zarathustra Wrote: One of these days, I will have a Galaga standup machine.

Heart That would be high on my list as well. I had a Space Duel but had to sell it (way too cheap) when we moved from a house to a condo.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
In what little free-time I've had lately, I've been playing quite a bit of Path of Exile beta. Its a pretty exciting game with enormous potential. I think when it goes live, it will suck up the majority of my life.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Well, Its been a while... Smile

Diablo (mainly D1)
Need for Speed 2 Underground
Serious Sam (play the HD versions now)
Burnout Paradise
Duke Nukem 1

In no particular order....

HowGozit
Limiting myself to PC games

1. Minesweeper
I played this when I first got my PC, and I still play it. I've never broken 100 seconds. My best time iirc was 120.
2. D2
Besides being a great game, D2 brought me to the world of online forums.
3. Titan Quest
I still play it.
4. Hearts
I'm at 58% wins right now
5. Not sure -- maybe fantasy basketball the past 3 years with folks from a Spurs fan forum I frequent. I've learned a lot about the NBA and the game by playing and following my team daily.

edit: If console games count, then definitely Goldeneye is one of the best games I've ever played.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
The Diablo Series (1, 2, LoD, and probably 3)
Guildwars
SW: KOTOR
Skyrim (to a degree anyway)

There are others, but they don't have the replayability that I crave. Diablo 2 is probably the greatest for me, I play it even to this day constantly pushing forward with under powered and unconventional build/play styles just to spice the game up. I'm under the assumption I've pretty much mastered the game, and that's why I'm back at Diablo 1... as I've never even come close to scraping the surface of that game.
[Image: rusty1.jpg]
MOO 2 - still play it from time to time, can beat it on Impossible
Pool of Radiance C64 / PC - First AD & D title, and the best imo
Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 - First of the 3D Adventure Games
Ultima 4, 5, 6.
Darklands - Old old Rpg, German made, iirc, had it on the 286 dx 40, now that's going back some too
Diablo
Redneck Rampage - Shame it doesn't work on todays PC's
DOOM - Had heaps of fun playing over Lan at a friends house, Co-op always turned into PVP on home made maps, great memories.
Fallout 1 & 2 - Ahh, nothing like aiming a 44 at the groin, Oh the humanity.
GTA 3 - More freedom than the later games, kill the cops or steal the car and be the cop, lol.
MW 1-4 - ahh, the old days, when games didn't have great graphics, but great game play.

Bah, too many more, but i'd love to be able to play some of the old games again, even if the grafics arn't up to todays standards.
Quote:Darklands - Old old Rpg, German made, iirc, had it on the 286 dx 40, now that's going back some too

I still think Darklands is one of, if not the, best RPGs I've ever played. I still have the manual and map for it, even though I lost the disks for it years ago (not that I have a 5 1/4" drive anyway). It wasn't actually a German made game however, it's just set in medieval Germany.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(01-31-2012, 12:35 PM)mistique Wrote: Pool of Radiance C64 / PC - First AD & D title, and the best imo
Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 - First of the 3D Adventure Games
Ultima 4, 5, 6.
DOOM - Had heaps of fun playing over Lan at a friends house, Co-op always turned into PVP on home made maps, great memories.

I had fun with Pool of Radiance, but enjoyed Curse of the Azure Bonds more. However I found the next entry in the series to be lacking, "Silver" something...

I played Ultima 1 and 2. They were entertaining, but lacking in game-play. For example, if I stole something from a vender and got caught, I'd instantly die - game over. So the only way to improve at stealing was to save your game, steal, if successful save again and repeat, and if not successful, reload.

Doom 1 was a very fun game, modded out to hell and back multiplayer. We played every mod there was for that game.

Anyone remember Zork (the word game version without graphics)? Now that was one fun game to be honest.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(01-31-2012, 06:19 PM)Taem Wrote: Anyone remember Zork (the word game version without graphics)? Now that was one fun game to be honest.

I had Zork, probably still do, for my Commodore 128.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(01-31-2012, 06:19 PM)Taem Wrote: Anyone remember Zork (the word game version without graphics)? Now that was one fun game to be honest.

The underground kingdom is just the beginning!

If you're interested in interactive fiction, we've come a *long* way since Zork. Here's the interactive fiction wiki - some really amazing stuff on there. Some of it is in the "adventure game" genre, some of it way more experimental. If anyone's interested, I have recommendations. Wink

-Jester
1. Diablo 1 + 2. D1 on Playstation was my first taste of blizzrd games and D2 and the Lounge got me involved in the concept of agaming community.

2. Starcraft 1+2. I picked BW while watching HD, Husky, And Day9 jabber about the SC2 beta. Finally built my gaming pc in August 2011 and got SC2 and have been happily getting stomped on the ladder ever since.

3. Elder Scrolls. I cut my PC gaming teeth on Arena and was wowed by Daggerfall. I've purchased every single pc version since then. Love the magic and the dragons in Skyrim.

4. Gauntlet. I cut my gaming teeth on this game at the age of six, the quarter munching monster that ate all 20 dollars worth of tokens that I got for ny 7th birthday.

5. Final Fantasy Legend 2 on Gameboy. This was the third game I got for ny first game system. I had beaten marioland and ninja turtles in less than two hours apiece and I wanted something like dungeons and dragons. The words RPG on the back got me into playing it, and then, being homeschooled, my dad had me discover the transformations for every monster in the game and compile their stats. Overall, this game has actual written records of playtime encompassing more than 5000 total hours. I still have it, by proxy, having given it to my fiance as an engagement present.

Now that's a gamer girl.
"How heroic. How compassionate. How selfless. I think I'm going to be sick."
-Skeletorr, the new HE-MAN
Skies of Arcadia - RPG for the dreamcast. Oh man... I love this game oh so very much. If you haven't played it, and have a Dreamcast, Gamecube, or Wii. YOU MUST PLAY IT. RPG with air ships, and pirates, and a good story. It was great.
Legends of Legaia - RPG for the PS. I loved the game. I loved the story. Graphics were a little meh.
Gun - Gamecube... RPG ish FPS? Good story. Good western feel. Sadly, a little short.
Gran Turismo II - Auto Racing. many a night was spent with Kaine drinking and driving. Good times for sure.
WoW - I actually debated putting this on the list. I love the game. I love <Lurkers> The cross server technology, IMO has killed the culture of community in the game at a server level.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(02-03-2012, 10:33 PM)shoju Wrote: Legends of Legaia - RPG for the PS. I loved the game. I loved the story. Graphics were a little meh.

You mean "Legend of Legaia". It's great.
(02-01-2012, 11:28 AM)Jester Wrote:

The underground kingdom is just the beginning!

If you're interested in interactive fiction, we've come a *long* way since Zork. Here's the interactive fiction wiki - some really amazing stuff on there. Some of it is in the "adventure game" genre, some of it way more experimental. If anyone's interested, I have recommendations. Wink

-Jester

Alright, I'm tired and getting easily confused. If I understand correctly, I need a program that can read Blorb files to be able to play these word games, however I cannot find it! Admittedly, I gave up after the first three links, but like I said, getting sleepy here with a touch of a cold. Each site wants me to download pearlBlorb to create my own blorb files, but none of them offer blorb readers for those not interested in creating their own blorbs. Also, where can I get good blorb files to play?