Patch 1.1: Where will you be playing?
Greetings to all my Lurkers!

with 1.1 dropping today, we get a pair of new 4 month leagues. Ambush, and Invasion.

Ambush is the "Standard" league, and features lockboxes throughout the world that will open and spring monsters out on people. You can only loot the contents once you have defeated whatever nasties are accompanying it.

Invasion is the new "hardcore" league, featuring invading monsters and new bosses in zones.

I am as of yet, undetermined where I'm going to play. I'm not a big fan of Hardcore, so I doubt that I will be playing in Invasion, but I would like to have Lurkers around to play with, and so I'm debating on if I'm going to keep on keeping on in Standard, or if I'm going to make my way to Ambush.

Part of this, will also be predicated on the Passive Tree Changes that will be spoiled 1 hour prior to the patch going live today, and my ability to salvage any of my characters quickly.

The new Patch Notes state that the Marauder Starting Area, and the area between the DUelist and Marauder trees have been significantly altered, and that a lot of the Scion beginning area has been reworked and nerfed.

Well....
I have a 66 Marauder. He's heavily invested in the Mara area, and the area on the way over to the duelist.

I have a 66 Ranger (DW). She rounds out her DW Swords build in the area between the Duelist and Mara.

I have a 66 Duelist Facebreaker. Can you guess where a lot of his points are? All the areas I just mentioned.

And then, I have my pride and joy. My Scion. I'm..... incredibly nervous about what this patch will be doing to her build.

So.... It might end up that I just have to start over, and take a break from the other characters while I work out the kinks on my other characters.

So far, the only character that seems unphased, is the one character that I just don't have much "hope" for. My Former Summoner, turned failed experiment at Freeze Pulse Witch. I knew that her tree was going to be wiped out with the passive respec. But, She was never going to be my "new main" so to speak. Just a char that I pass time with.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
I have never played any of the new leagues (other than races) so I will probably be in vanilla standard. However, I'm somewhat torn. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to continue to spend much time with PoE. I'm loving the new D3. It almost feels like a brand new game with all the changes. But, it might just be the rush of how well my frost wizard is doing. She is destroying everything in hard difficulty, but that is the highest difficulty the game will let me select. I don't know how long that will continue as I make it harder.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
If you leave, we'll miss you, and understand.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
If I end up spending a lot of time in Ambush, I'll probably be on a 2h'd Axe Ranger.

This is what I'm planning So far.

Effective health
198% increased maximum life
2% increased maximum energy shield

Keystones
Iron Reflexes
Unwavering Stance

Passive skill tree breakdown

Health
198% increased maximum Life
54 to maximum Life
4.5% of Life Regenerated per Second

Mitigation
160% increased Armour
40% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
22% to all Elemental Resistances
18% increased Evasion Rating
1% to maximum Lightning Resistance
1% to maximum Fire Resistance
1% to maximum Cold Resistance

Damage
190% increased Physical Damage with Axes
55% increased Accuracy Rating with Axes
40% increased Physical Damage with Swords
35% increased Melee Physical Damage
24% increased Attack Speed with Axes
20% increased Attack Speed
You take 20% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes
20% increased Accuracy Rating
15% increased Accuracy Rating with Swords
8% increased Attack Speed with Swords
2% increased Movement Speed

Other
190 to Dexterity
160 to Strength
10 to Intelligence
8% increased maximum Mana
2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range

Still not completely 100% sold on the build at that many points, but it's my starting point, and I'll be tweaking it from there.
I honestly wasn't sure if Path of Exile could draw me back in, but Invasion league is insanely hard, and fun. So many of the top players were dying last night, and I could see why after getting invaded by the new boss monsters. It's unreal how different the game is, even at early levels. Every zone has mixed monster types and a chance to host the corrupted levels, and an invasion boss.

I highly recommend giving Invasion mode a try. It's hard, but so far it's an absolute blast to play.
At your recommendation, I'll try it MonTy, but I'm having a very hard time not playing (and streaming) D3 2.0.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(03-05-2014, 10:01 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: She is destroying everything in hard difficulty, but that is the highest difficulty the game will let me select. I don't know how long that will continue as I make it harder.

You should be able to use at least Expert w/o any pre-reqs
--Mav
(03-07-2014, 06:21 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 10:01 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: She is destroying everything in hard difficulty, but that is the highest difficulty the game will let me select. I don't know how long that will continue as I make it harder.

You should be able to use at least Expert w/o any pre-reqs

My LL clanmates set me straight. In-game, it would only let me up it to hard. I was able to set it to master and torment was also available. Now it feels like I could actually get my toon in trouble.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(03-07-2014, 05:57 PM)Frag Wrote: At your recommendation, I'll try it MonTy, but I'm having a very hard time not playing (and streaming) D3 2.0.

Where do you stream at? I wouldn't mind checking it out once in a while!

But yes, I am also enjoying the new Diablo. Both games have received incredible patches, which makes it a good day to be an ARPG fan. I stick to my recommendation to try out PoE as well! Do not miss out on this Invasion league.
I lasted 20 minutes in invasion. Dying to first Invasion event. That's crazy crap right there.
I stream at twitch.tv/lurker_frag (SOOO original!) but it's pretty curbed atm. I'm working again and I'm moving in less than two weeks (!!!!), I'll try to do so some evenings though. Probably best to follow the channel so you're notified at this point.

Patching POE when I get home tonight.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.