Lochnar has left this world
Condolences to his family, Loch and his Loch-army will be missed!

I don't think I realized that his name was Tim until this first post... Loch was always Loch, no other name was necessary. Now that I know that, I'll picture him as the wily old wizard from Monty Python. Some would call him... Tim? *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*
-TheDragoon
Sorry to hear this. RIP Lochnar.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
I think this is him. I remember he lived up here by me.

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Ti...-103349618
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

So I debated posting this earlier, but didn't. As many on this site know I went through some really tough health issues and times back in mid 2005 - early 2009. Many on this site helped me in many ways during that time. Loch was one of those people, and he helped me more than I think anyone knows.

I needed help, and didn't know how to directly ask, so I hinted around a bit one day via posts and some things said in guild chat. Suddenly I've got a PM, it was Loch giving me his phone number, he picked up on my hints. That was the day I stopped heading downwards and started climbing upwards again and it was in large part because of that PM. We talked in PM's and on teamspeak numerous times, but I never told him exactly how much he helped that day. I think he knew though.

Others helped me just as profoundly at different times and in different ways, but that was a small moment that changed my world. There are other moments I shared with him that may not have been as profound, but were certainly wonderful.

I changed my handle on this site from Gnollguy to my actual first name to dissociate myself from some of the memories of those dark years for me. Loch's help is not one of those memories. Those moments are ones I'm proud to carry.

So I'll raise a flask of Lochwater one last time for a great man who did me a great service. I literally wouldn't be the man I am today if it hadn't been for him.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Great poster. You will be missed.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Another gone. He will be missed.
--Mav
I can't say I knew him very well, but it's always sad when we lose a contributing member of our forums, and it sounds like he had a lot of friends and respect on these boards. My condolences to his family and loved ones.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
So sad to hear this. Tales of Lochnar's patented Lochnarmy are some of my fond memories from my WoW-playing days. Good times and a good man.

He will be missed. Prayers for his family.
Terribly sorry for your loss. His presence will be sorely missed. Thank your for taking the time and effort to inform us.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(03-16-2016, 05:34 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I think this is him. I remember he lived up here by me.

http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Ti...-103349618

Kan, that is Loch all right.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
This is so sad. I couldn't believe it when I saw this post a few weeks ago and was distraught for days. Somehow I expected Loch to always be there. The Lurker community is resilient, but not eternal. I love you all!
The error occurred on line -1.
*reads monitor*

*punches fist in desk*

*walks away*

=(