Wonder Woman
(07-20-2017, 07:11 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Confident in that she martially trained with Amazon warriors daily until adulthood, when she then left the island. She should be better than Batman, or Superman in a scrap, not just due to her strength and doodads. She should be better trained in combat techniques.

Yes, but was she trained by Liam Neeson??

I'd like to see her take on Kerri Hicks.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(07-20-2017, 07:11 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 01:04 PM)Lissa Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 04:18 AM)DeeBye Wrote: [Of course, this is all comic book nerd talk. Super heroes evolve and their powers change when they are "re-invented". This is just another re-invention. This particular Wonder Woman is Superman-like strong, and Batman-like smart. I'll allow it because it makes for good movies.

I wouldn't say Batman-like smart, more confident in her abilities though for sure. Both in the recent comics and in the movie she is impulsive in what she does (confidence), but she doesn't take the smartest action. Batman is a tactical and strategic genius and uses that to make any fight an unfair fight in his favor, Wonder Woman is confident in her abilities and training and enters the fight knowing she can over power an opponent.
Confident in that she martially trained with Amazon warriors daily until adulthood, when she then left the island. She should be better than Batman, or Superman in a scrap, not just due to her strength and doodads. She should be better trained in combat techniques.

Batman - sure. He has no superpowers. Superman - not even close. There was actually an issue a bit back when she and SM were fighting and she broke his arm. Well, SM was fighting not to hurt her, but after thet he got pissed off and beat the shit out of her. He and she are in totally different leagues, unless there's kryptonite involved. Naturally, movie makers can give her Wolverine's healing powers, SM's flight, Hulk's strength and the Beast's mental capacity if they want.... and if Marvel agrees. Women's empowerment and all....

No, I did not read that myself. Again, courtesy of my son.
(07-20-2017, 08:41 PM)Ashock Wrote: and if Marvel agrees.
Wrong company. The big three are DC, whom I'd expect to complain if Marvel tries to do something like that.

But Wonder Woman's advantages against Superman are a) access to magic weaponry (depending on continuity) b) extensive combat training and c) a willingness to kill if she doesn't think a non-lethal way has a good chance of succeding.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
(07-20-2017, 08:41 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 04:18 AM)DeeBye Wrote: [Of course, this is all comic book nerd talk. Super heroes evolve and their powers change when they are "re-invented". This is just another re-invention. This particular Wonder Woman is Superman-like strong, and Batman-like smart. I'll allow it because it makes for good movies.

I wouldn't say Batman-like smart, more confident in her abilities though for sure. Both in the recent comics and in the movie she is impulsive in what she does (confidence), but she doesn't take the smartest action. Batman is a tactical and strategic genius and uses that to make any fight an unfair fight in his favor, Wonder Woman is confident in her abilities and training and enters the fight knowing she can over power an opponent.
Confident in that she martially trained with Amazon warriors daily until adulthood, when she then left the island. She should be better than Batman, or Superman in a scrap, not just due to her strength and doodads. She should be better trained in combat techniques.

Batman - sure. He has no superpowers. Superman - not even close. There was actually an issue a bit back when she and SM were fighting and she broke his arm. Well, SM was fighting not to hurt her, but after thet he got pissed off and beat the shit out of her. He and she are in totally different leagues, unless there's kryptonite involved. Naturally, movie makers can give her Wolverine's healing powers, SM's flight, Hulk's strength and the Beast's mental capacity if they want.... and if Marvel agrees. Women's empowerment and all....

• Superman has little to no combat training, he grew up on a farm and was taught to hide his abilities.
  • Wonder Woman has beaten other Krytonions and similar beings before.
  • Wonder Woman has been hit by Superman many times and never been knocked out, while Superman can shatter a planet with one punch.
  • Wonder Woman has mystical weapons that have cut and seriously injured Superman.
  • Wonder Woman also holds back.
  • Wonder Woman has faster reaction times and combat reflexes than Superman.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Wonder Woman > Superman
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
I love this forum.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-20-2017, 11:20 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Wonder Woman > Superman

You probably meant to say Woman > Man, eh, Beta boy?

(07-20-2017, 10:55 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 08:41 PM)Ashock Wrote:

• Superman has little to no combat training, he grew up on a farm and was taught to hide his abilities.
  • Wonder Woman has beaten other Krytonions and similar beings before.
  • Wonder Woman has been hit by Superman many times and never been knocked out, while Superman can shatter a planet with one punch.
  • Wonder Woman has mystical weapons that have cut and seriously injured Superman.
  • Wonder Woman also holds back.
  • Wonder Woman has faster reaction times and combat reflexes than Superman.

Anyone who makes that statement, has absolutely no clue as to the workings of the DC universe. You are being plain silly. But whatever floats your boat.

(07-20-2017, 10:48 PM)roguebanshee Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 08:41 PM)Ashock Wrote: and if Marvel agrees.
Wrong company. The big three are DC, whom I'd expect to complain if Marvel tries to do something like that.

But Wonder Woman's advantages against Superman are a) access to magic weaponry (depending on continuity) b) extensive combat training and c) a willingness to kill if she doesn't think a non-lethal way has a good chance of succeding.

No, not wrong company. I said if Marvel agrees, because WW is DC's, and Wolv, Beast and Hulk are Marvel. Learn to read carefully.
(07-20-2017, 11:58 PM)Ashock Wrote: You probably meant to say Woman > Man, eh, Beta boy?

No, I meant exactly what was stated.

You assuming anything beyond that just shows that it is in YOUR mind, that it is YOUR desire that certain groups of people should be subjugated to others. I wouldn't expect anything less from a right-winger.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(07-20-2017, 11:31 PM)Bolty Wrote: I love this forum.

Hey Bolty, who do you think would win in a fight? Groot or Beep Beep Little Satellite? Assuming that both combatants are gender-neutral, of course.
"Beep beep, little satellite."
"I am Groot."
"Say that he'll be home tonight."
"I am Groot."
"I am Groot."
"Say that he'll make me feel alright."
"I am Groot."
"I am Groot."
"Please, please shine your guiding light."
"I am Groot."
"So bright, say that he'll be home tonight."

"I am Groot."

I'd say it's a tie.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-21-2017, 12:14 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 11:58 PM)Ashock Wrote: You probably meant to say Woman > Man, eh, Beta boy?

You assuming anything beyond that just shows that it is in YOUR mind, that it is YOUR desire that certain groups of people should be subjugated to others. I wouldn't expect anything less from a right-winger.
Woman are > Man at creating life.

(07-21-2017, 12:47 PM)Bolty Wrote: I'd say it's a tie.

How about Groot v Hodor?

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

A statement of fact is hardly subjugation. But facts never interfere with your views, so I forgive you. Sort of like I forgive my children when they do something stupid. Of course I forgive them because I love them. You, I forgive because I do not expect anything smarter.
(07-21-2017, 04:33 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Woman are > Man at creating life.

Well, yea. I wouldn't disagree with that. Yet in our society, we don't treat them as such and in fact they are often just objectified as instruments of human reproduction.

But what I think Ashock was attempting to do was take what I said, base it around my politics, or anyone with feminist or radical left-wing politics in general, as sharing the same views as those of Valerie Solanas. I don't. Nor does any other feminist or leftist I have interacted with.

(07-21-2017, 05:33 PM)Ashock Wrote: You, I forgive because I do not expect anything smarter

You didn't state any facts, only your unfounded assertions. Nor do I want your forgiveness, asshat. Take your forgiveness, find the shortest pier, and take the longest fucking walk you can.

(07-21-2017, 04:33 PM)kandrathe Wrote:

Woman are > Man at creating life.

(07-21-2017, 12:47 PM)Bolty Wrote: I'd say it's a tie.

How about Groot v Hodor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONee4Xjvpoc

Wolverine vs Wonder Woman.....

.... or something.
(07-21-2017, 05:36 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:

Well, yea. I wouldn't disagree with that. Yet in our society, we don't treat them as such and in fact they are often just objectified as instruments of human reproduction.

But what I think Ashock was attempting to do was take what I said, base it around my politics, or anyone with feminist or radical left-wing politics in general, as sharing the same views as those of Valerie Solanas. I don't. Nor does any other feminist or leftist I have interacted with.

(07-21-2017, 05:33 PM)Ashock Wrote: You, I forgive because I do not expect anything smarter

You didn't state any facts, only your unfounded assertions. Nor do I want your forgiveness, asshat. Take your forgiveness, find the shortest pier, and take the longest fucking walk you can.

I'm glad that you are staying classy.

My assertions have nothing to do with the fact that you brought "subjugation" into the conversation. What subjugation?

As far as facts about fictional and impossible characters:

1. Superman lifted the Book of Infinity. this is a book that contains all the weight of the universe.

2. In the fight between SM and WW, which I already touched upon, WW really was trying her hardest when she was fighting SM, while he was not. After she broke his arm, he got pissed and kicked the crap out of her.

3. WW has been hit by nuclear weapons. This knocked her out. SM has also been hit by nuclear weapons. This annoyed him and he basically forced all the world's nations to give up their nuclear weapons.

Those are facts about fictional characters.

I do not really expect your fictional brain to comprehend them, though.

Speaking fictionally, of course.
(07-21-2017, 06:36 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 05:36 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:

I'm glad that you are staying classy.

My assertions have nothing to do with the fact that you brought "subjugation" into the conversation. What subjugation?

As far as facts about fictional and impossible characters:

1. Superman lifted the Book of Infinity. this is a book that contains all the weight of the universe.

2. In the fight between SM and WW, which I already touched upon, WW really was trying her hardest when she was fighting SM, while he was not. After she broke his arm, he got pissed and kicked the crap out of her.

3. WW has been hit by nuclear weapons. This knocked her out. SM has also been hit by nuclear weapons. This annoyed him and he basically forced all the world's nations to give up their nuclear weapons.

Those are facts about fictional characters.

I do not really expect your fictional brain to comprehend them, though.

Speaking fictionally, of course.
Here is the series where WW beats Superman. The last link is Batman explaining how it happened, Superman is too nice.

https://comicnewbies.com/2015/06/23/supe...-among-us/

https://comicnewbies.com/2015/07/01/reac...der-woman/

https://comicnewbies.com/2015/07/01/supe...-one-hand/

https://comicnewbies.com/2015/07/02/wond...-among-us/

https://comicnewbies.com/2015/07/07/batm...-superman/

Spider-man versus Wolverine, discuss. I love this thread.
(07-23-2017, 03:37 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Spider-man versus Wolverine, discuss. I love this thread.

It's a draw. Neither one can really do much to the other. SM can just run/swing circles around Wolv. However, his webs can't stop Wolv. His super strength means nothing to Wolv who does not get hurt by simple blows.

Now, if you put them in a small room with no means of escape, Wolv wins.
(07-24-2017, 04:24 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 03:37 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Spider-man versus Wolverine, discuss. I love this thread.

It's a draw. Neither one can really do much to the other. SM can just run/swing circles around Wolv. However, his webs can't stop Wolv. His super strength means nothing to Wolv who does not get hurt by simple blows.

I'd guess it depends on if Spiderman can get Wolverines arms tied off such that he cannot cut the webs.

(07-24-2017, 04:34 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 04:24 PM)Ashock Wrote:

I'd guess it depends on if Spiderman can get Wolverines arms tied off such that he cannot cut the webs.

He'd have to tie them behind his back, so unlikely.