Wonder Woman
(07-24-2017, 04:44 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 04:34 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 04:24 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 03:37 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Spider-man versus Wolverine, discuss. I love this thread.

It's a draw. Neither one can really do much to the other. SM can just run/swing circles around Wolv. However, his webs can't stop Wolv. His super strength means nothing to Wolv who does not get hurt by simple blows.

Now, if you put them in a small room with no means of escape, Wolv wins.
I'd guess it depends on if Spiderman can get Wolverines arms tied off such that he cannot cut the webs.

He'd have to tie them behind his back, so unlikely.
Or, like this...
[Image: 3890589-3525454-wolverine-vs-captain-ame...-11647.jpg]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(07-25-2017, 12:44 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 04:44 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 04:34 PM)kandrathe Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 04:24 PM)Ashock Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 03:37 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Spider-man versus Wolverine, discuss. I love this thread.

It's a draw. Neither one can really do much to the other. SM can just run/swing circles around Wolv. However, his webs can't stop Wolv. His super strength means nothing to Wolv who does not get hurt by simple blows.

Now, if you put them in a small room with no means of escape, Wolv wins.
I'd guess it depends on if Spiderman can get Wolverines arms tied off such that he cannot cut the webs.

He'd have to tie them behind his back, so unlikely.
Or, like this...

This cannot be done in a small enclosed area. It's only possible when SM has room to move around.
(10-04-1974, 06:25 AM)Ashock Wrote: It's a draw. Neither one can really do much to the other. SM can just run/swing circles around Wolv. However, his webs can't stop Wolv. His super strength means nothing to Wolv who does not get hurt by simple blows.

This cannot be done in a small enclosed area. It's only possible when SM has room to move around.
So... not a draw. Wolverine wins if he can get hold of Spider-Man, like being stuffed in a small enclosed area. Otherwise, SM webs Wolverine into submission, then drops him into a wood chipper, or vat of acid. If he were an evil Spider-Man.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(07-25-2017, 12:44 AM)kandrathe Wrote: Or, like this...

[Image: 3793455-5932865313-17787.jpg]

In this comic (Spider-Man Versus Wolverine Volume 1-1, 1987), Wolverine wins the fight because he's a killer and he knows Spider-Man isn't.
Ah, versus fights. Stan Lee said it best.

[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
(07-27-2017, 01:16 PM)EspyLacopa Wrote: Ah, versus fights. Stan Lee said it best.

Thank you. I've been trying to tell this to a few people I know for years.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Stan Lee picks Superman in Batman v Superman.
https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/stan-le...-superman/

A "Wonder Woman" sequel will be coming to theaters December 12, 2019. link

(07-29-2017, 05:38 PM)kandrathe Wrote: A "Wonder Woman" sequel will be coming to theaters December 12, 2019. link

That's pretty much a no-brainer. It's made nearly $800 million worldwide and is generally accepted as a very good movie. I'm happy about it.
(07-30-2017, 01:54 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(07-29-2017, 05:38 PM)kandrathe Wrote: A "Wonder Woman" sequel will be coming to theaters December 12, 2019. link

That's pretty much a no-brainer. It's made nearly $800 million worldwide and is generally accepted as a very good movie. I'm happy about it.

It will be interesting to see if the sequel can live up to this first one (in terms of critical reception). It's got some gigantic shoes to fill for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(08-01-2017, 03:56 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote:
(07-30-2017, 01:54 AM)DeeBye Wrote:

It will be interesting to see if the sequel can live up to this first one (in terms of critical reception). It's got some gigantic shoes to fill for sure.

I have doubts that a sequel will be as good as the first one. I suspect it will be similar to the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel - which was okay, but not nearly as good as the first one.
I liked the GOTG sequel more so I hope WW follows (=
(06-05-2017, 03:49 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Best. Superhero. Movie. Ever.

Nope. That was the first Iron Man.
Wonder Woman, the movie, was OK. (Wonder Woman, the TV show, was pretty darned good).
We enjoyed the movie, and I enjoyed the connection to the previous movie with Batman and Superman, but there were plot holes all over it and sloppiness aplenty. And some pure goodness.
All in all, a three spoon rating from Occhi. Worth an evening of popcorn on Netflix in a few years.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(08-18-2017, 12:31 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 03:49 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: Best. Superhero. Movie. Ever.

Nope. That was the first Iron Man.

Guardians of the Galaxy 1 was my favourite, but I gotta give Iron Man 1 props for opening the door for these movies to be made. If Iron Man was a flop, we wouldn't be seeing them at all.
I wonder how she'd do against Pippi Longstocking.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I'm not going to lie, I thought Watchmen was the most boring movie I've ever seen... However, it actually had one of the most epic and detailed stories of any superhero movie I've ever seen before.

But best? After seeing enough, they all seem soooo generic to me now, regurgitated storyline, bad childhood, protagonist forces reluctant hero to become what he/she is... Been there done that far too many times now, and I completely lost interest in anything with the Marvel emblem on it. I suppose my favorite so far is either Ant Man or Doctor Strange for thinking outside the box for once. They still follow the same tried and true Marvel origin movies to a tee, but are just unpredictable and different enough to be enjoyable without nausea inducing redundancy. And of course, ironically, the least fan favorite. Seems most Marvel fans are also transformer fans... <Hulk smash>
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(08-18-2017, 06:26 AM)LavCat Wrote: I wonder how she'd do against Pippi Longstocking.

Pippi would be no match for WW, simply for the fact the former is not entirely indestructible while the latter pretty much is.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
WW doesn't have a monkey.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-19-2017, 12:06 AM)LavCat Wrote: WW doesn't have a monkey.
Primate, yes. But, he supposedly died in a fire.

Evidently, she's going to spark on a Kryptonian in the near future...

[Image: 1346077321.jpg]

Taem Wrote:I'm not going to lie, I thought Watchmen was the most boring movie I've ever seen... However, it actually had one of the most epic and detailed stories of any superhero movie I've ever seen before.
Every once in awhile, somebody has the guts to tell a story that is not fan service. I have some respect for that movie in what they tried, and I really liked the grit. Rorschach was a great character, and I really found Dr. Manhattan's loss of humanity believable. It's an example of how film can tell a tale without all the words. I've watched it a few times, and this is one where I appreciate some films more on the second or third round.

Here's my bucket list of under rated films I need to find and watch again (or that were recommended I never saw).
Moon, I'm not there, Vahala rising, Mary and Max, The guard, The fountain, The grey, In Bruges, and The fall.