The Lurker Lounge Forums
1.10 - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: 1.10 (/thread-11327.html)

1.10 - diegoforlan - 05-18-2003

Everyone has an idea of which character will be their 1st when 1.10 finally arrives, but......

Which character will people not be touching with a proverbial bargepole?

Myself? Sorceresses.....

1.09 has put me off them for a while......

1.10 - Logic_X - 05-18-2003

If the ladder lasts long enough I'll eventually have 1 of each class unfortunately....but hmm...*thinks*

Necromancer - will be my FIRST so he's not gonna be the last....(real deep statement there huh? ;) )
Sorceri & Amazon Variants are a hobby of mine (gotta love those Bowsorc's and Magezons) - they'll probably be around 2nd or 3rd
Druids & Assassins - I still haven't completely worn the crap out of them like the other classes...but all the ideas I have are expensive they'll have to wait till later in the ladder (if it lasts long enough)
Barbarians - ...I'll touch em with the bargepole, after the barge sinks.... (had enough of them in the ST - and that was nearly 3 years ago)

1.10 - Baajikiil - 05-18-2003

I don't stay away from classes per se, but from builds. Usually I stay away from the cookie-cutter builds due to them being too easy. Maybe 1.10 will make them more interesting though.

Most unlikely for me to play would be a bowazon, ww barb, or a non variant sorc.

1.10 - Elric of Grans - 05-18-2003

Hail Logic X,

"Sorceri & Amazon Variants are a hobby of mine (gotta love those Bowsorc's and Magezons)"

By themselves, neither is a variant: though they can be a variant, if you're merely playing a Sorceress with a Bow and an Amazon firing away with Immolating Arrow and Ice/Freezing Arrow, then you're not playing variants.

1.10 - Logic_X - 05-19-2003

heh.....I use variant to represent varying from the standard version (ie a bowsorc is a sorceress variant...I do tend to make my characters to one extreme or another though....I can't stand a general cookie cutter character, they bore the crap out of me) ...

From my understanding (these are broad definitions....didn't feel like the mile long name of "Quatra-elemental Hybrid Magezon" that one of my concepts was called by a friend lol):

Magezon: Amazon who relies on elemental attacks primarily to deliver her damage (I usually build mine as hybrids, but it does seem to be a common consensus that this is fundamentally a bow *fire/ice* build - so I don't include my pure javelin "mage" amazons in this category even though I really love using a mix of poison and lightning...)

My favorite version of this one is still in the testing stages in single player: Plague Javelin, Lightning Fury, Freezing Arrow, Exploding arrow... I can see the major problem being people will just pass it off as another "lightning fury" amazon....

Bowsorc: A sorceress designed around the use of a bow. (heh, my sorceress doesn't "merely" use a bow heh....she rocks with a bow....kinda miss having attack spells though heh....) - If you just slap a bow on a normal sorceress....kinda defeats the purpose in my eyes...besides, I like the comments I get every other public game of "A sorceress with a bow? n00b." - then I kill faster than them *evil grin*.

Have a few in testing in single player as far as bowsorceri go...the one I have on the realms does good though, and she's not even the version that was most effective in testing - merely the one I thought would work best with what I have available to me on the realms...and that wouldn't lag me horribly there (I'm sorry, but no matter how effective a "cast on attack/strike/struck" melee/bow sorc *yes, it does both* is ...it'd lag me horribly so no go)

1.10 - Albion Child - 05-19-2003

I plan to start out with a cookie cutter Zon to try to get a higher level character into play and perhaps find some of the new 1.10 stuff. Depending on how long they decide to keep the ladder "un- resetted.", I might even make a MF character or something. It pains me to say it, but th new cleaness of ladder play has brought back my desire to duel and be 1337 again. If there is a bug dupe run...I'll go back and play some of the alternate characters I've been plannig for awhile...