The Lurker Lounge Forums
Secret quest? cool! - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Secret quest? cool! (/thread-11419.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Secret quest? cool! - Az3ar - 05-10-2003

Go to www.battle.net and check that out :)

Secret quest? cool! - Mithrandir - 05-10-2003

Anything involving SOJs is a scourge upon the Earth. :angry:

Secret quest? cool! - Wiccan - 05-10-2003

okay thast is stupid you have to sell sojs for the quest

Secret quest? cool! - LiquidDamage - 05-10-2003

Mithrandir,May 9 2003, 07:44 PM Wrote:Anything involving SOJs is a scourge upon the Earth. :angry:
Yes, yet again Blizzard decides to reward the people who dupe and trade for SOJs, and screw those who actually find their own stuff.

Bah. The whole thing looks like another debacle. All the new stuff is even more overpowered, they boast of "faster baddies that deal more damage and have more resistances!" and respond to the "do they have more clever AI" question with "I wouldn't exactly call it clever". They are giving even more skills to other classes, now you don't have to be a druid to be a werewolf! Hooray! This will, of course, either make the Were-druid obsolete because of the barbarian masteries and warcries, or be utterly worthless because the ratings are so low.

I see that the new runewords pretty much all utilize super rare runes that most of us never find, or that we find after the runeword's usefulness to the character has passed.

All the skill synergies seemed cool until I realized that it just causes further unbalance. Someone who crams all their skill points into one tree will be unstoppable against anything not highly resistant or immune to that skill, and worthless against everything else. Those who do not cram their points into one tree will see little to no benefit from the new scheme.

They need to fix the skills so that all are useful, so that we actually have some choice in character creation without having to completely gimp ourselves. If I want to play a gimped character, I would prefer to not spend skill points for that effect, instead of relegating interesting skills to the realm of the variant player by making them incredibly inferior.

I do like the new ladder character idea though. Removing twinking from the equasion will help a great deal, and scheduled resets would renew interest in the game every so often. The ladder-only items might as well not exist, as I am sure they are so rare that I will never see one drop.

i agree there are some that are just geting by with there findings tradings and things and i am not a rich person on b-net what i find i keep and what i dont need i trade for things that my wife needs if i find a soj... i will go to kuwait and pull my wife out of the war and make sweet love to her right there i had sojs given to me a occy ring given to me i used it and said this sucks its to easy finding things with it so i sold it for 2 pairs of titans 175% and 198% titians not etheral{ no clue why everyone wants them there useless once they used they dont restock, yes i understand that they domore damage but come on.... if you dont get the repenish and your throw the last one your agoner and have to find some more

i cant wait for the new ladder thats is going to rock

Secret quest? cool! - Nicodemus Phaulkon - 05-10-2003

"Only on the Realms", indeed. Is there anything more sad than a person that will trade in stolen goods in an effort for some ethereal goal? ;)

Secret quest? cool! - the Langolier - 05-10-2003

How secret is this quest going to be? Perhaps secret for a month or two, then it will be about as secret as the "secret" cow level. I wouldn't be suprised if they even released how to get/complete the quest on Arreat Summit, leaving only the reward to speculation.

aye but one things is this miggt bring back the soj currency because everyone will want it to get to the fabled giant chicken level! lol

or maybe its area where you can get somethings for a certain set? like maybe whole set peices and each time you go you get to runaround and collect as many peices you can haul out before the timer counts down?

Secret quest? cool! - Az3ar - 05-10-2003

Hmmm, I do agree that this quest will massively encourage players to dupe, or get duped SOJs just to complete it, I frankly dont care since I play SP :)

But I would like to see new quests to get more of the storyline going and flowing.

All of Blizzard's games have great storylines, I always liked to read the books that come whith the games, I hope this gives some more story, but it looks like its a sell-and-get-rewarded kinda quest, dont know......

Secret quest? cool! - Feryar - 05-10-2003

9 Stone of Jordans sold?
In all the time I've played this game I've seen 2 unique rings drop. None of them
have been SoJs. Doesn't seem like I'll be doing this quest.

Come on Blizzard! If this is a way to get rid of all the SoJs floating around then
I think it is the wrong way of doing it.

I'm the kind of person who is not satisfied before I have done everything that
is to do in a game (Now imagine how much time I've spent on Morrowind Dale ;)),
but this is kind of "over the top".

Secret quest? cool! - Elric of Grans - 05-10-2003

Hail Feryar,

Are you serious? Two Unique Rings? When I played more frequently, I used to get two or three a day (Nagelrings mostly; the occational Mannald Heal). I've found three Stones of Jordan, a few Dwarf Stars and a couple of... umm... that other ring... the ice one... why did I have to forget its name now? Ah well, at any rate, it's beside the point: my point is that a unique ring is likely to drop about one every two or three games, depending on how long a game lasts for you, so either you are not being serious, have been really unlucky, or - highly unlikely - have not played the game yet ;)

Secret quest? cool! - BanditAngel - 05-10-2003

Just a thought but Blizzard COULD have just posted that to be evil - I bet a lot of people will be selling their SOJs for no good reason now :)

Secret quest? cool! - Feryar - 05-10-2003

I've taken a barbarian to lvl 50, an Amazon to lvl 50 and currently have a Paladin at lvl 20 in LoD, and all I've seen is two nagelrings :(
I didn't see many unique rings drop when I plated classic Diablo 2 either for that sake. Maybe I am just unlucky? Or maybe I don't pay enough attention to what drops? I don't know.
I'm also one of those guys who never got an obs/zod in Diablo :)

The fact remains, that I've seen -2- unique rings drop with those three characters, and that is certainly less than one every two or three games. That being games that rarely last more than an hour though. I can't handle staring at the screen for any longer than that.

Secret quest? cool! - DeeBye - 05-10-2003

Quote: I've found three Stones of Jordan, a few Dwarf Stars and a couple of... umm... that other ring... the ice one... why did I have to forget its name now?

Ravenfrost.

'Tis my favourite Unique ring :)

-DeeBye

Secret quest? cool! - Pu uhonua - 05-10-2003

I'd like to see a secret level that has all the ambiant creatures attacking you. You know, chickens, bats, scarab, snakes, green flying things, big worms, spiders and, best of all, bunnies. I can just see it now, "Wimpo was slain by bunny."

If you noticed, in that screen shot, there is a chicken sneaking around under Charsi's table. That must be a clue.

Secret quest? cool! - Elric of Grans - 05-10-2003

Secret quest? cool! - HunkyDory - 05-10-2003

If you take a good look you see that there is a Standard (banner on a pole) near Charsi.

I think this is the real hint, not the chickens or the Jordans.

The latter is Geoff pulling a joke on all of us and I must admit he is doing a good job.

When and if 1.10 is released look if the Standard is there are not.

My eyesight is too poor to actually see what is on the Standard.

In 1.09 there is a Standard near Gheed.

Regards, Hunky

Secret quest? cool! - Ruvanal - 05-10-2003

HunkyDory,May 10 2003, 10:44 AM Wrote:If you take a good look you see that there is a Standard (banner on a pole) near Charsi.

I think this is the real hint, not the chickens or the Jordans.

Hunky, it not a hint. There are 4 different act 1 camp layouts that depend on the direction that you exit the camp from. The map(ds1 file) that has the exit going to the lower left will also have that standard in that position. Just try checking it in few game till you get that map layout to start with.

Sounds to me sort of like an easter egg hunt. "X <of some item> scattered in some pattern (sold to vendors?)"; then go find/collect the items for the 'prize'. Blizzard has released some information that there would be a new item (type) graphics added to the game, maybe you will need to collect this and do something with them (cube formula?).

Secret quest? cool! - HunkyDory - 05-10-2003

Ah, good point Ruvanal.

Bak to the drawing board, I guess :D

Regards, Hunky