The Lurker Lounge Forums
Ratings - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Ratings (/thread-12224.html)

Ratings - Taem - 05-26-2010

Once a thread has a RATING from anyone, I cannot click on the stars to add my own desired rating, regardless of rather I rated it myself or not. Also, I did a test and whenever I give a thread a Rate, it gives me an error message saying, "You have already rated this thread," which is not true! However when I refresh the page, it has the rating I gave it. I also cannot change a rating I gave a thread, even if I accidentally clicked on a star while browsing... this sucks, especially since most threads change and evolve, sometimes into something worth reading over, other times into garbage not even worth a passing glance. Having the ability to "re-rate" a thread would be nice if this feature were to remain!

RE: Ratings - Crusader - 05-26-2010

I gave this thread a 1-star rating and there's nothing you can do about it! HAHAAAAH!

RE: Ratings - --Pete - 05-26-2010

Hi,

(05-26-2010, 02:39 PM)Crusader Wrote: I gave this thread a 1-star rating and there's nothing you can do about it! HAHAAAAH!

And I gave it 5 for an average of 3. Tongue

The mechanics of the rating system seems to work, but I wonder if we need it at all. I guess we can have some fun with rating wars, but beyond that?

--Pete

RE: Ratings - Taem - 05-26-2010

Humm, then it must be a problem with my plug-in's No-Script or Add-Blocker-Plus, because I can give a thread a rating that already has a rating from my work computer. I can't do this on my home computer; if it already has a rate - any rate from anyone, not just me - I can't click on the stars again.

RE: Ratings - Bolty - 05-26-2010

I don't know if ratings have much use. Was leaving it in to let people play with it and decide.

RE: Ratings - LochnarITB - 08-29-2010

Can these ratings be turned off on an individual basis? I just realized you can accidentally click on the stars and then you have no way (that I could figure out) to undo the oops.

RE: Ratings - LochnarITB - 07-04-2012

(08-29-2010, 04:55 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Can these ratings be turned off on an individual basis? I just realized you can accidentally click on the stars and then you have no way (that I could figure out) to undo the oops.

Obviously there has not been a lot of concern over ratings. I normally don't even notice them but just happened to again today. Can they be turned off entirely, please? They are pretty much worthless anyway and only really serve to kiss butt or tell someone they suck. If a single person clicks one star, on purpose or accidentally, it's stuck there. Same with any level of rating. Having the ratings would only make sense if most people used it so we could get a real gauge of the content.

(And, no, I didn't notice because someone gave me a single star. Wait, I didn't get a single star, did I?! Tongue )

RE: Ratings - Bolty - 07-05-2012

You're right, Loch. Thread ratings are pretty silly - and they're gone now.