The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Old Republic - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurkers Guild (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Public Chat (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: The Old Republic (/thread-13002.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: The Old Republic - Mirajj - 01-14-2012

(01-14-2012, 02:52 AM)wail Wrote: Hi. Looks like most of this thread pertained to I assume a beta version. Now that the real game is going, how many are playing? Do we have a guild in SWTOR?

We've got an Empire guild on Sith Wyrm. Around 10 or so folks there.

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 01-14-2012

I haven't been playing much, too busy packing, have to be ready to move when the chance arrives, long story.
Short version, wife's in hospital, needs a wheel chair accessible place, which this isn't, so they won't release her until i fine one.
I'm playing my Sith Inq atm, seems very strong compared to the Agent.

Later all.

RE: The Old Republic - Frag - 01-18-2012

Haven't been on lately due to non-randomly generated combination of personal illness,a very ill spouse, ill child, lost phone (thus authenticater), guests, more guests, and a lack of sleep leading to 9p.m. bedtimes. Hopefully I'll be back soon, I miss you guys.

RE: The Old Republic - Mirajj - 01-18-2012

I've been pretty busy running a show this month. But I get on and play when I can. Just became a Sith Lord. Wink

RE: The Old Republic - LochnarITB - 01-18-2012

I'm still on quite a bit, but I'm often semi-AFK too. The toon is progressing kind of slowly because I play similar to how I played back in WoW's glory days. Rather than being constantly dragged by the nose, I wander a lot, exploring. "Ooh, what's over there?" "How do I get up on that cliff?" "Khem, go grab that node for me." It's even fun to walk around a corner and get stomped by a level 50 I didn't expect there. I often essentially do quests twice because I explore and kill stuff in areas that later cover some quest. Even the ride on rails space battles are fun and it's some challenge to find and complete each bonus for those space missions.

I'm really enjoying SWTOR. I wish more Lurkers would join us. That's the only thing I'm really missing from WoW. Come one, come all! Lissa said he's making cookies! Wink

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 01-19-2012

(01-18-2012, 11:46 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I'm really enjoying SWTOR. I wish more Lurkers would join us. That's the only thing I'm really missing from WoW. Come one, come all! Lissa said he's making cookies! Wink

I'm wanting badly to see what they are doing with the Legacy system. If they allow cross faction races Tahapenes is going to be deleted and recreated as a Miraluka if they're allowed for Empire. Plus it would be nice to have more Twi'lek options Empire side (only can be an SI right now as a Twi'lek for Empire even though there is atleast one Twi'lek Mandalorian/BH on Dromund Kaas and one Twi'lek Agent shown).

Lissa will definitely stick though as a Chiss Sniper (pewpew!)

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 01-20-2012

If i had to point to one thing that i really hate in the game, it's the location of some of the datacrons, some of them are in far away area's that require very precice movement and jumps to get too.
I know that there is reward for getting them, but if i wanted to play a platform game i could find one that's not a MMO.
The Worst part is that sometimes the character does not "jump" when you hit the space bar, meaning that all the work you did to get to a high spot is lost and you have to do it all again.

It's my pet hate atm, others might not agree, but after finding all the datacrons on the Empire side in Nar Shaddar, i was speaking in words of 4.

Mist

RE: The Old Republic - Chesspiece_face - 01-21-2012

(01-20-2012, 11:43 PM)mistique Wrote: If i had to point to one thing that i really hate in the game, it's the location of some of the datacrons, some of them are in far away area's that require very precice movement and jumps to get too.

My biggest hate in this game at the moment is that I cannot turn off the environmental cover for my sniper. It is absolutely abysmal that you can't turn this off.

I can't count the amount of times I have had it roll me into a cover point where I can no longer see the enemy I am targetting. Or I will have an AoE start to drop onto my head and then it will constantly keep rolling me back into the place of the AoE.

BS! Let me turn it off. If I want to sacrifice functionality for visual flourish let me have the choice. 90% of my damage comes from being in cover and this stupid mechanic randomly turns my character useless because some level designer decided to put a crate in the room I happened to be fighting in.

(P.S. Balmorra is the most god-forsaken drag of a quest world, and just when you think you are finally done you get turned around and find you are barely half done...)

RE: The Old Republic - Tuftears - 01-21-2012

There IS a key to always cover where you are. shift-F or something?

RE: The Old Republic - Chesspiece_face - 01-21-2012

(01-21-2012, 07:04 AM)Tuftears Wrote: There IS a key to always cover where you are. shift-F or something?

Oh is there? This is news. I'll have to check on that. I am sick and tired of rolling around into bad spots.

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 01-21-2012

(01-21-2012, 01:38 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote:
(01-20-2012, 11:43 PM)mistique Wrote: If i had to point to one thing that i really hate in the game, it's the location of some of the datacrons, some of them are in far away area's that require very precice movement and jumps to get too.

My biggest hate in this game at the moment is that I cannot turn off the environmental cover for my sniper. It is absolutely abysmal that you can't turn this off.

I can't count the amount of times I have had it roll me into a cover point where I can no longer see the enemy I am targetting. Or I will have an AoE start to drop onto my head and then it will constantly keep rolling me back into the place of the AoE.

BS! Let me turn it off. If I want to sacrifice functionality for visual flourish let me have the choice. 90% of my damage comes from being in cover and this stupid mechanic randomly turns my character useless because some level designer decided to put a crate in the room I happened to be fighting in.

(P.S. Balmorra is the most god-forsaken drag of a quest world, and just when you think you are finally done you get turned around and find you are barely half done...)

Yes, i have had that too, or have carbine blast go in entirely the wrong direction because the cover has me facing another way.

RE: The Old Republic - Kevin - 01-21-2012

(01-21-2012, 08:44 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 07:04 AM)Tuftears Wrote: There IS a key to always cover where you are. shift-F or something?

Oh is there? This is news. I'll have to check on that. I am sick and tired of rolling around into bad spots.

Yep that's the default key, middle mouse button on my mouse also sends me into cover by default, shift middle click will just put me in cover right where I'm at. I learned this early on and I use it all the time otherwise the cover mechanic would be as you describe, nearly useless, I only use environmental cover about 20% of the time.

That being said I might actually be playing the game again here soon. I've not really played since shortly after Christmas due to this that and the other.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 01-21-2012

(01-21-2012, 01:38 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote:

If you hate take cover, use crouch instead.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 01-23-2012

(01-19-2012, 12:38 AM)Lissa Wrote:
(01-18-2012, 11:46 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I'm really enjoying SWTOR. I wish more Lurkers would join us. That's the only thing I'm really missing from WoW. Come one, come all! Lissa said he's making cookies! Wink

I'm wanting badly to see what they are doing with the Legacy system. If they allow cross faction races Tahapenes is going to be deleted and recreated as a Miraluka if they're allowed for Empire. Plus it would be nice to have more Twi'lek options Empire side (only can be an SI right now as a Twi'lek for Empire even though there is atleast one Twi'lek Mandalorian/BH on Dromund Kaas and one Twi'lek Agent shown).

Lissa will definitely stick though as a Chiss Sniper (pewpew!)

So, looks like cross faction races is looking stronger for the Legacy system coming in March. So, I'm going to be on Lissa most of the time now until March and let Tahapenes sit in the mean time. If what has been shown for the upcoming 1.2 patch comes true, Tahapenes will be deleted and recreated as a Miraluka (and will probably use Pureblood as some SW, not sure on Jugg or Marauder there).

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 01-26-2012

Gratz on reaching 50 Lissa!

Personally i'm playing 3 toons on and off, so i might never get there, who'd have thought you would want to do Dromund Kaas 3 times....

Wink

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 01-26-2012

(01-26-2012, 12:51 AM)mistique Wrote: Gratz on reaching 50 Lissa!

Personally i'm playing 3 toons on and off, so i might never get there, who'd have thought you would want to do Dromund Kaas 3 times....

Wink

I'll go through there another 7 times cause Tahapenes is going to be deleted once the legacy patch comes out and we can do Miraluka Empire side... >.>

And considering Tahapenes is level 48 now... <.<

On the bright side, once you hit 50 you are rolling in credits. Just doing the daily quests on Belsavis (I still have to finish Voss and Corellia then on to Ilum to open up its dailys) I was able to buy the final two rows of my walking inventory (300k) just on the money made.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 02-13-2012

For those that are interested, TOR has an Elitist Jerks equivalent site called SithWarrior.com. Some good stuff there to help out.

Oh, and for those that are kind of annoyed with their Legacy level gain rate, once you hit 50 and get access to the daily quests on Belsavis and Ilum, your Legacy level will skyrocket. I'm midway through Legacy level 20 now (since this last patch, they allowed going above level 20).

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 02-18-2012

WTB a guild master logging in... >.>

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 02-18-2012

Yeah, would be nice to see more ppl playing, but i guess we'll just have to wait.

And, with D3, ME3 coming soon it's all going to be a busy time, lol.

And, Oceania Servers to open soon too.

RE: The Old Republic - Shaera - 03-01-2012

Hey strangers, been a while.

I'm playing TOR, and am rather wandering without a guild or friends that play regularly.

Don't know if you even remember me, but if you'll have me I'd love to join you in game.