The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Old Republic - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurkers Guild (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Public Chat (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: The Old Republic (/thread-13002.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: The Old Republic - shoju - 03-02-2012

Shaera! Long time no see! Hope all is going well for you!

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 03-03-2012

I'm typically on mornings from 9:30ish to about 12:30ish each day of the week, on afternoon to late night, midnight to 1 am Thrus through Sat. So I can invite if need be, Lochnar is the other person on a lot as well.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 03-06-2012

For those interested in getting a taste of SW:TOR, they are doing a two week, one week of play (won't take you that long) trial of the starting zones. Each person with an account can give 3 people access to the starting planets, so you can see what the games is like from the starting worlds.

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 03-06-2012

IF you can get it to work, i've just tried to send one to a friend and it keeps throwing an Error up.
And i can't get the forums up to see if there's a know problem either.

RE: The Old Republic - LochnarITB - 03-06-2012

(03-06-2012, 10:41 PM)mistique Wrote: IF you can get it to work, i've just tried to send one to a friend and it keeps throwing an Error up.
And i can't get the forums up to see if there's a know problem either.

I just sent one and it seemed to work just fine. Haven't heard yet if the invite actually arrived though.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 03-07-2012

Another thing that is somewhat glossed over, SW:TOR is far more small guild friendly than WoW where operations are 8 and 16 (compared to 10 and 25 with WoW) *hint**hint*Terenas people*hint*

Also, it's not as bad as people on the net have made it out to be. Everyone it like, "OMG, there's nothing to do once capped!" where as there are 2 Operations (soon to be a third) with 5 bosses per operation (and three modes of difficulty) and 3 Warzones (think BGs in WoW terms -- with a fourth on the way as well) and 7 Hard Mode Flash Points (think heroic dungeons from WoW and soon to be 8). Compared to WoW's launch, there's already more to do at max level then was available when capped in Vanilla this many months in, two to two and half (where you had 3 1/2 end game dungeons - Scholo, Strat, UBRS, upper area mostly, one raid - Ony as MC wasn't up yet, and no BGs).

The only downside from the PvP front is there isn't as much open world PvP as there was with WoW (of course, WoW didn't have BGs, so you were forced to do open world PvP, but there is still possibilities of open world PvP on Tatooine, Ilum, and a couple other areas).

RE: The Old Republic - LochnarITB - 03-07-2012

Another plus to point out about the game. IMHO, the game sets up great for a duo - significant others, friends, whatever. Missions are solo, heroic 2+ and heroic 4. Every player ends up with squad of companions (think tank/dps/healer pets). Decent players duoing should have no problem with 2+ and be able to knock out the 4's with good companion management. I've been able to do early 4's with just myself and my companion by waiting until just before they go gray (same meaning as wow).

I'm surprised more haven't taken to the game. I don't tend to read critics, so I don't know what they're saying, but I'm having fun. It's giving me the same fun early WoW did. Exploring, gathering, crafting and questing. Lots to do, and I haven't even started a Lochnarmy™ yet.

RE: The Old Republic - Kevin - 03-07-2012

My sub is still active (of course so is my WoW sub) but I'm not sure when I'll be playing either again. Some of it might just be MMO burnout but then I'm not really playing many games at all, mostly just some Civ from time to time because I can play that very very casually since it's so easy to just get up and walk away from then come back to later. I'm not saying I'm spending my free time well or on better things either, it's just that gaming is not where it's going right now.

But I will make another endorsement for SW:TOR and if people want to try it, I'll look into what I need to do to send out one of the invites Lissa mentioned. It is a good MMO, it does quite a few things nicely and provides a few twists and mechanics that you don't see in other MMO's. It is very casual and solo friendly too, but again it's just not something I'm currently wanting to fire up.

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 03-18-2012

Moved house yesterday and havn't had the time to play, this access will soon stop and the new one won't start until the 29th.

See ya then.

Mist

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 03-30-2012

I"M BBBAAAACCCKK!

Time to play.......oh, ME3 arrived.......hmm, choices........

Mist

RE: The Old Republic - Frag - 03-31-2012

Still popping on from time to time, but I think I've hit MMO over-itis. I want to like it, I really do, but never seem to really get into it.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 04-12-2012

1.2 is out. Legacy options are available. I've deleted and recreated Taha as a Sorc Miraluka... >.>

RE: The Old Republic - Tuftears - 04-12-2012

Another note, those who were lapsed subscribers get to play this coming week for free. If you had a level 50, now you get a free month of game time!

RE: The Old Republic - Mavfin - 04-15-2012

I free-trialed the game, and basically saw nothing that would attract me over the games I play now. Just not worth spending money on it. UI is horrible for a game launched in 2011, and isn't really an improvement on the 2004 WoW one, and isn't even close to Rift's stock UI. Graphics are just complete crap for a 2011 game, etc. Maybe EA should have let Bioware finish it before releasing it.

Good luck to those who like it.

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 04-25-2012

I'm with Frag atm, i'm still paying for it, but i haven't been on for a while, can't get into atm. Also, trying to make groups is just annoyingly tedious and off-putting.
It's something they really need to address before the game dies, which would be a shame as it is a very good game, just feels so incomplete atm.
And not having many lurkers on doesn't help either.

Mist

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 04-25-2012

Well, if you guys aren't going to play anytime soon, hand over the GM status to me or someone else that is playing. Not having someone as an active GM is painful to say the least.

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 04-26-2012

Sounds like a good idea, if i had it i would, and i don't.....at least i'm sure i don't, do i?

Mist

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 04-26-2012

(04-26-2012, 12:18 AM)mistique Wrote: Sounds like a good idea, if i had it i would, and i don't.....at least i'm sure i don't, do i?

Mist

Frag has it.

RE: The Old Republic - Frag - 04-29-2012

GMship handed over, apologies for the delay. Tried playing again today and had DEP error crashes every time I went to a town, and my memory is fine. Double checked it after the second crash. On the other hand, my Juggernaut didn't seem so terrible as the last time I played him, though losing 31% of my HP against a -6 lvl Strong BAM unless I use cooldowns is a bit irritating.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 04-30-2012

(04-29-2012, 01:35 PM)Frag Wrote: GMship handed over, apologies for the delay. Tried playing again today and had DEP error crashes every time I went to a town, and my memory is fine. Double checked it after the second crash. On the other hand, my Juggernaut didn't seem so terrible as the last time I played him, though losing 31% of my HP against a -6 lvl Strong BAM unless I use cooldowns is a bit irritating.

It looks like Mirajj has GM now and from what Tuft has told me, he's cancelled his account. We need to have the GM moved to one of my toons since I'm still active and seems like everyone else is going inactive/quitting. I don't know if you can contact the game masters and get the GM back or switched over properly Frag. Also, if Mirajj still has access to the account, hopefully he sees this before losing said access and can do a quick log in and move the GM over to me.