The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Old Republic - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurkers Guild (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Public Chat (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: The Old Republic (/thread-13002.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: The Old Republic - Mirajj - 04-30-2012

(04-30-2012, 04:33 AM)Lissa Wrote: It looks like Mirajj has GM now and from what Tuft has told me, he's cancelled his account. We need to have the GM moved to one of my toons since I'm still active and seems like everyone else is going inactive/quitting. I don't know if you can contact the game masters and get the GM back or switched over properly Frag. Also, if Mirajj still has access to the account, hopefully he sees this before losing said access and can do a quick log in and move the GM over to me.

Heh. I'm not "inactive", I've just been lost in ME3 for the last little bit. I play it twice, once through Paragon, and once through Renegade. The next time I'm on though, I'll toss you GMship.

RE: The Old Republic - Tuftears - 04-30-2012

I didn't say Mirajj had cancelled his account, just that it was a danger if he hadn't logged in for a while!

RE: The Old Republic - Tuftears - 06-19-2012

Heads up, Sith Wyrm is now up for free server transfers, it's being drained to Corellian Run.

RE: The Old Republic - LochnarITB - 06-19-2012

I canceled my subscription (not sure if it has actually run out yet). There were only ever one or two Lurkers on and the game alone just wasn't holding my attention. Sad

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 06-19-2012

(06-19-2012, 03:54 AM)Tuftears Wrote: Heads up, Sith Wyrm is now up for free server transfers, it's being drained to Corellian Run.

Just a heads up to anyone that is interested, I've transferred all, but one character off Sith Wyrm (that being Juran and is holding GM).

Also, there is talk between EA and BioWare of taking tOR F2P. Unknown if that will happen or not.

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 07-21-2012

Cancelled my Sub, not enough time to play a lot, and the grouping issues were making some content undoable.

Hope to come back to it sometime in the future.

RE: The Old Republic - Mirajj - 07-21-2012

(07-21-2012, 10:30 AM)mistique Wrote: Cancelled my Sub, not enough time to play a lot, and the grouping issues were making some content undoable.

Hope to come back to it sometime in the future.

That was my main problem, too. Hardly ever anyone around. The game is fun, and the storylines are neat, but to get a storyline quest or two, you have to do 3-4 quests you've done before, in areas that don't change much/are very interesting. Combine that with hardly anyone around to talk to to help ease the tedium, and it was a death blow (for me) for the game.

I like it, and I like running around with lightsabers or blasters...but the game just isn't interesting enough to hold the attention without the MM part of MMO.

RE: The Old Republic - Crushar - 07-31-2012

Well Bio-Ware has announced that this fall TOR will go free-to-play. Game will go on sale for $15 in August and will have a 1 month trial for a paid subscription. I will most likely be playing again and hope other lurkers will as well.
Jr.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 08-01-2012

(07-31-2012, 09:33 PM)Crushar Wrote: Well Bio-Ware has announced that this fall TOR will go free-to-play. Game will go on sale for $15 in August and will have a 1 month trial for a paid subscription. I will most likely be playing again and hope other lurkers will as well.
Jr.

It's not completely free. If you want more than a couple character slots along with limited inventory and vault plus wanting to run Ops and Hard Mode Flash Points, you need to pay for the subscription. So, you can get your feet wet and get to 50 and see all the story of your character, yeah, it'll work for free, but if you want more, you'll have to subscribe.

Here's the text of the announcement

RE: The Old Republic - Crushar - 08-01-2012

Yeah but atleast I can go through the storyline. I find all the posts on the forums of 'lol bioware is dead to me with F2P the agme is dead" to be hilarious. I would love to see one game that has suffered from going F2P

RE: The Old Republic - FoxBat - 08-01-2012

(08-01-2012, 03:28 AM)Lissa Wrote: It's not completely free. If you want more than a couple character slots along with limited inventory and vault plus wanting to run Ops and Hard Mode Flash Points, you need to pay for the subscription. So, you can get your feet wet and get to 50 and see all the story of your character, yeah, it'll work for free, but if you want more, you'll have to subscribe.

What's odd at first glance is that this is the one thing people do praise about the game, and yet they are giving that part away. You'll have to also fill me in on what kind of account-wide incentives would stop someone from just making multiple accounts to experience all the class stories.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 08-01-2012

(08-01-2012, 10:47 AM)FoxBat Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 03:28 AM)Lissa Wrote: It's not completely free. If you want more than a couple character slots along with limited inventory and vault plus wanting to run Ops and Hard Mode Flash Points, you need to pay for the subscription. So, you can get your feet wet and get to 50 and see all the story of your character, yeah, it'll work for free, but if you want more, you'll have to subscribe.

What's odd at first glance is that this is the one thing people do praise about the game, and yet they are giving that part away. You'll have to also fill me in on what kind of account-wide incentives would stop someone from just making multiple accounts to experience all the class stories.

I can't answer that. They might look at the IP you're coming from and only allow a single account to come from that IP if you don't subscribe (this is already in effect as they ask you a question every time you log in from a different IP address, but once they see you coming from the same IP, they don't ask that question).

It's the freemium plan in essence. You get a character (not sure how many servers you can make the character on and after you make it whether you're only allowed to have the one on that server or not) and can take it up to 50. You'll be capped on the maximum inventory space as well as vault space. You will only be allowed to run a certain number of warzones along with flash points (whether this is per day or per week I don't know) and no access to operations (and likely ranked warzones). If you want to have more character slots, they'll either have you subscribe (which means you get 8 slots on a given server, unsure on maximum slots overall, but probably along the lines of 32 to 40 or more -- ie, fully loaded on 4 servers) or probably pay a given amount of money to open up additional slots. I believe you also need to pay $15 for the game if you do not have a pre-existing account already (and if you don't resub, you'll probably have access to a single character, whether it's your choice or their choice I have no clue). If you want access to everything, you'll have to subscribe.

Likely what they're trying to do is get people in the door, get them up to 50, then have them realize that they do want to do more and they then sub. They've seen what the system has done for increasing the profitability of games like DCAU along with DDO. It could lead to them getting more people in the door to try the game out and they realize that they really like it and it's worth subbing for or it could have the opposite effect. We won't know until they do it and it runs for a bit.

The one thing going in BW's favor here, they are pushing out content patches faster than Blizzard, in one sence it reminds me of the days of Vanilla WoW where you had smaller content patches more freqently instead of the monolithic ones Blizzard has been doing since mid to late tBC and onward. Likely by the time they hit the 1 year anniversary they will be at 1.6 (meaning they'll have released 6 content patch updates in one year's time) as 1.4 is now just a couple weeks away.

RE: The Old Republic - Crushar - 08-10-2012

Well I'm playing again with my Imperial Operative and having fun. Although I am starting to feel weaker as the game progresses. Not sure if the problem is gearing or just suck. Big Grin

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 08-11-2012

I hope to get back to it soon, once things settle down, my biggest issue was the difficulty in getting groups, so much content missed because you couldn't get that 4th person, and unless you were way OP'd, you couldn't do it with 3.
Getting back into it is always hard too, because i forget what does what, and if you log back after a respec dropped it gets really confusing.

RE: The Old Republic - Frag - 12-06-2012

Playing again. Been having a good time. Anyone else planning on it? Just asking as if I'm going to be alone, I might join up with a guild that's active.

RE: The Old Republic - LochnarITB - 12-06-2012

(12-06-2012, 03:30 AM)Frag Wrote: Playing again. Been having a good time. Anyone else planning on it? Just asking as if I'm going to be alone, I might join up with a guild that's active.

I've been very tempted to fire up both SW:TOR and WoW but it probably won't happen. I just can't afford the subscription(s). I know SW:TOR has the free to play option but this do-it-all altoholic just wouldn't enjoy bumping up against the restrictions. If I had a real income, I'd probably look again at Rift too, although I don't know its current status.

RE: The Old Republic - Lissa - 12-07-2012

I'm still playing (never stopped) and am playing with a guild that is mostly west coast (though we're on The Shadowlands, where Sith Wyrm got eventually merged to after it got merged into Corellian Run). So, don't know if anyone else is going to try, but the group I run with regularly is going into the highest tier areas though we're not bleeding edge on progression (due to a number of RL issues affecting several members and some drama which the core raiding group split off from -- GM was being rather tyranical and the raid group had had enough of it).

RE: The Old Republic - Mavfin - 12-07-2012

(12-06-2012, 04:28 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: If I had a real income, I'd probably look again at Rift too, although I don't know its current status.

Rift just popped an expansion on 11/13, tripled the size of the world, and still healthy; i.e. not F2P. I'm still only 54 at the moment, not been in a hurry, been doing lots of zone events with full groups of 20, sometimes more than one group.

I'm enjoying Storm Legion. If you decide to try out Rift again, Look for Polanna on Wolfsbane. Also, on PvE servers, the two factions can group together, and, I think importantly for the LochRiftArmy if there is one, you can mail freely between your toons on the same server, regardless of faction.

I still like WoW, but...7+ years. That's the issue at hand now for me.

RE: The Old Republic - LochnarITB - 12-08-2012

(12-07-2012, 02:23 PM)Mavfin Wrote: Rift just popped an expansion on 11/13, tripled the size of the world, and still healthy; i.e. not F2P. I'm still only 54 at the moment, not been in a hurry, been doing lots of zone events with full groups of 20, sometimes more than one group.

Cool beans. Good to hear that it is going strong. I did enjoy it when I was playing but it was a work in progress. However, it also seemed like they were going to be making big improvements quickly. At the time, I was able to let it go, because I had to make a choice to drop something, but it now sounds tempting again. (darn it! Tongue )

RE: The Old Republic - mistique - 08-27-2013

Hey all,

Started up again, found myself on Shadowlands after the merges.
Is anyone still playing? and if so, are there any good casual guilds around that people are in or know of?

Character Name

Mistiqueprime Agent

Invictious Sorceror

Sheiana Jedi Knight

Nightskiss Bounty Hunter

Kyotie Smuggler

Souldestryr Juggernought

Drop me a line if you want.

See ya all

Wink