The Lurker Lounge Forums
macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: macro to prevent trinket use error sounds (/thread-1304.html)

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - Ynir - 12-11-2008

Some trinkets make a noise when activated when their use is on cooldown.

I combine trinket activation with Shield Block and Shield Slam:

#showtooltip Shield Slam
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/cast Shield Block
/use Repelling Charge
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/script UIErrorsFrame:Show()
/cast Shield Slam
/startattack

The fourth line causes a noise when the trinket is on cooldown. The function to prevent the noise is related to the UIErrorsFrame set of calls that prevent error message spams in midscreen.

I once saw a sound suppression call in a macro but can't find the example again. Does anyone know the call, or where I can go for more info?

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - vor_lord - 12-11-2008

Code:
#showtooltip Shield Slam
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/cast Shield Block
/use Repelling Charge
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use 14
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/script UIErrorsFrame:Show()
/cast Shield Slam
/startattack

May want to adjust positioning if there are other sounds you want to disable during this (i.e. disable the sound effects for more than just the trinket activation).

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - Ynir - 12-11-2008

To answer my own question:

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0 and /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 toggle sound effects, however, I saw this post:

* 0. /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 no longer works 11/05/2008 10:46:00 PM PST
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...357687703&sid=1

I have been pulling my hair out to figure out why every time i tried to fire a Steady Shot, my sound would turn off. After spending hours with both the Blizz keybinds menu and re-programming my Belkin N52te, I finally figured out what the problem is.

You need to remove the following lines from any macros you might have. I am not sure if there is new replacements for these but these are the problem.

and

Taking them out of my macro(s) and sound returns. These lines did work to reduce annoying Blizz UI sounds before patch 3.0.2

and this reply

Checkout the addon SlashToggleErrors at http://wow.curse.com

I made it... Sort of tweaked 2 other addons that already existed and merged them together.

It adds /sfx0 and /sfx1 as commands you can use in macros to do what you want.

Just make sure you disable Error Speech in your Sound options though.

I downloaded the mod and looked at the LUA file:

function STE_Disable()
SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 0)
end

function STE_Enable()
SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 1)
end

SLASH_STE_ENABLE1 = "/sfx1"
SLASH_STE_DISABLE1 = "/sfx0"

From this I infer that the sound enable variable is still available but not as a /console command. I don't like having a macro depend on a mod. But I don't like trinket noise, either, so I will try this and report.

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - Delc - 12-11-2008

If you want to avoid using a mod to do it, just run the lua as part of the macro. I forget the exact command, and can't look it up right now, but its something like /runscript. So it would be

/runscript SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 1)

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - LavCat - 12-28-2008

Quote:To answer my own question:

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0 and /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 toggle sound effects, however, I saw this post:

* 0. /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 no longer works 11/05/2008 10:46:00 PM PST
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...357687703&sid=1

I have been pulling my hair out to figure out why every time i tried to fire a Steady Shot, my sound would turn off. After spending hours with both the Blizz keybinds menu and re-programming my Belkin N52te, I finally figured out what the problem is.

You need to remove the following lines from any macros you might have. I am not sure if there is new replacements for these but these are the problem.

and

Taking them out of my macro(s) and sound returns. These lines did work to reduce annoying Blizz UI sounds before patch 3.0.2

and this reply
Checkout the addon SlashToggleErrors at http://wow.curse.com

I made it... Sort of tweaked 2 other addons that already existed and merged them together.

It adds /sfx0 and /sfx1 as commands you can use in macros to do what you want.

Just make sure you disable Error Speech in your Sound options though.

I downloaded the mod and looked at the LUA file:

function STE_Disable()
SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 0)
end

function STE_Enable()
SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX", 1)
end

SLASH_STE_ENABLE1 = "/sfx1"
SLASH_STE_DISABLE1 = "/sfx0"

From this I infer that the sound enable variable is still available but not as a /console command. I don't like having a macro depend on a mod. But I don't like trinket noise, either, so I will try this and report.
I've been using

for some while. I even put the commands in a new macro last night. If there is a problem I can't find it. Works for me.

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - Mordekhuul - 12-28-2008

Somewhat related - is there any mod out there or command I can put into a mod that will turn off the annoying sound played when I punch an ability but am not off global cooldown yet?

I have everything hotkeyed, and then some, and tend to spam hotkeys until it goes off, but the error sound associated with a rejected keypress kills me lately. I'd prefer to simply listen for the ability to go off, not listent to the warning sound.

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - LavCat - 12-28-2008

Quote:Somewhat related - is there any mod out there or command I can put into a mod that will turn off the annoying sound played when I punch an ability but am not off global cooldown yet?

I have everything hotkeyed, and then some, and tend to spam hotkeys until it goes off, but the error sound associated with a rejected keypress kills me lately. I'd prefer to simply listen for the ability to go off, not listent to the warning sound.
Have you tried putting the console commands around that portion of your macro?

E.G.

ability in question

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - Mordekhuul - 12-28-2008

Quote:Have you tried putting the console commands around that portion of your macro?

E.G.

ability in question

Well, that's what I meant by "somewhat" related =) I'm just talking about any old ability in general, not just macros. Like, spamming holy shield while the cooldown on Judgement of Wisdom is finishing, it'd be nice to eliminate the warning noise without having to macro all of my abilities.

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - Taelas - 12-28-2008

It should be possible to remove the sound in question from your install -- or at least replace it with a blank sound -- but how to do that is beyond me.

You could also simply use /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 in a macro (without the counterpart) to turn off all special effect sounds. You'd have to do that every time you log in, though. (I'm sure you could make a mod that does it automatically, but again, beyond my abilities.)

macro to prevent trinket use error sounds - wowinfo - 01-11-2009

here is a trinket sound macro i found on another site, i just deleted the class specific parts so anyone can use it:

#showtooltip spell name goes here
/use trinket name goes here
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast or whatever else, you can put your commands down here in whatever order

if you run out of room you can delete the tooltip part it is just cosmetic, hope it helps!