The Lurker Lounge Forums
<Lurkers> organization in D3 - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo III (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: <Lurkers> organization in D3 (/thread-13720.html)

Pages: 1 2

<Lurkers> organization in D3 - RTM - 03-15-2012

Has it been announced yet if there will be regional servers for D3 (i.e. USEast, USWest, etc)? It would be neat if we could congregate on a single server and set up a Lurkers chat channel of some sort. I know the chat interface leaves a lot to be desired it's better than nothing (I think?). Smile

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Treesh - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 01:47 PM)RTM Wrote: Has it been announced yet if there will be regional servers for D3 (i.e. USEast, USWest, etc)? It would be neat if we could congregate on a single server and set up a Lurkers chat channel of some sort. I know the chat interface leaves a lot to be desired it's better than nothing (I think?). Smile
The only thing I've seen about regional servers for D3 is that Australia and southeast asia will default to US servers, but I don't know if there's going to be USEast, USWest, etc again or not.

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Roland - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 01:51 PM)Treesh Wrote:
(03-15-2012, 01:47 PM)RTM Wrote: Has it been announced yet if there will be regional servers for D3 (i.e. USEast, USWest, etc)? It would be neat if we could congregate on a single server and set up a Lurkers chat channel of some sort. I know the chat interface leaves a lot to be desired it's better than nothing (I think?). Smile
The only thing I've seen about regional servers for D3 is that Australia and southeast asia will default to US servers, but I don't know if there's going to be USEast, USWest, etc again or not.

I believe there will be 3 regions: US, Europe, and Asia. The game itself is "region free" - i.e. you can buy it anywhere and select any region, but there will still be server regions for the various physical clusters. I wouldn't expect smaller regional servers like the old days (no US East versus West, for example).

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Zippyy - 03-15-2012

It's going to be so nice having the gang back together again.

Is anyone else planning on taking the 15th-18th off work? Smile

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Treesh - 03-15-2012

(03-15-2012, 08:21 PM)Zippyy Wrote: It's going to be so nice having the gang back together again.

Well, as much as I'd like to, I probably won't be taking any time off, but you're damned right I'm taking an early "lunch" on the 15th to come home and make a character or two. Wink

I normally take lunch around 1am so that won't be too long after release. =)

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Frag - 03-16-2012

(03-15-2012, 08:21 PM)Zippyy Wrote: It's going to be so nice having the gang back together again.

I umm.. yeah, just did that >_>

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - RTM - 03-16-2012

I took the whole week off Blush

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Kevin - 03-16-2012

I'm not. I've already "bought" the game because of the silly WoW annual pass thing, but I really don't see me sitting down and doing marathon play sessions on it. Maybe that is because I did get in the beta and while I'm pretty sure the game will be fun I don't it being scheduling altering or anything.

Perhaps I'm just becoming a curmudgeon.

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Roland - 03-16-2012

I was stupid enough to pre-order the CE from Amazon (because I like shinies more than I hate Blizzard, apparently, even though the thought of giving them any money makes me physically ill - no exaggeration), so I won't be on until 1-2 weeks after release. Even then, I only log into my computer once a week (excluding weekends) due to spending time with my girlfriend. However, weekends are an all-day all-night gaming affair for me, so expect to see plenty of action from me then. Wink Drunk World of Tanks has been a blast with the Basin crew. I can only imagine what drunk Diablo III will be like (between Basin, LL and RB I can't wait for the shenanigans!)

Edit:
Gnollguy, you're not a curmudgeon (or we both equally are, take your pick). The game, as it stands, is not worth massive playtime IMHO. However, I cannot say the same for the company you and I can expect to find while playing the game. I know for myself the opportunity to play alongside old and new friends in the Basin, Lurker Lounge, and Realms Beyond is worth the price of the game. Indeed, it's virtually the sole justification for me buying it. Granted, I have been itching for an action RPG game to play, but it's not as though I don't have other options, and World of Tanks plus Tribes: Ascend are enough to eat up all my free gaming time as it is now.

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Quark - 03-16-2012

(03-16-2012, 06:09 PM)Roland Wrote: I was stupid enough to pre-order the CE from Amazon (because I like shinies more than I hate Blizzard, apparently, even though the thought of giving them any money makes me physically ill - no exaggeration), so I won't be on until 1-2 weeks after release.

Check your order. Most games preordered on Amazon have Release Day shipping as an option for free - but only once the actual release date is announced.

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Roland - 03-16-2012

(03-16-2012, 06:34 PM)Quark Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 06:09 PM)Roland Wrote: I was stupid enough to pre-order the CE from Amazon (because I like shinies more than I hate Blizzard, apparently, even though the thought of giving them any money makes me physically ill - no exaggeration), so I won't be on until 1-2 weeks after release.

Check your order. Most games preordered on Amazon have Release Day shipping as an option for free - but only once the actual release date is announced.

Well, based on the "free Super Savings Shippping" the arrival date to me was May 22nd to the 26th. It was either that or pay for expedited shipping, but even that was listed at 3-4 days (instead of 5-6), so I didn't bother. I'll recheck, though. Thanks for the heads up!

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Angelstar3 - 03-16-2012

(03-16-2012, 06:34 PM)Quark Wrote:

Anyone who pre-ordered D3 or the Collector's Edition from Amazon -
Log on to your Amazon account, and find your open order.
You can change the shipping speed on your order to "Release-Date Delivery",
and your order delivery estimate should change to May 15, 2012 (the option may only be available for continental US delivery).
If you have Amazon Prime Membership, Release-Date Delivery is free, but you will have to log on and manually change the shipping speed.
I just changed mine this morning without any problem.

Angelstar3

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Mavfin - 03-17-2012

I've already got the pre-download sitting here on my hard drive, waiting for the date I can install it. Big Grin

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - LochnarITB - 03-17-2012

(03-17-2012, 02:20 PM)Mavfin Wrote: I've already got the pre-download sitting here on my hard drive, waiting for the date I can install it. Big Grin

Psst, Blizzard, any chance you'll give us a code to install it and unlock just the beta portion if we download our pre-sale now? Just think of all the folks showing it off getting their people to buy it too! Or, maybe you are afraid of folks seeing it because it isn't going to live up to the hype. Is that the issue, Blizzard? Is that why you're holding us off? Huh. is it? Is it? IS IT!? DID YOU SUCKER ME INTO PANDAS TO GET YOUR NEXT FAILURE FREE!? WOOSA... Woosa... woosa.. Big Grin

At least I can scratch the itch a little with Drakensang-online.

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Treesh - 03-18-2012

(03-17-2012, 08:44 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: DID YOU SUCKER ME INTO PANDAS TO GET YOUR NEXT FAILURE FREE!? WOOSA... Woosa... woosa.. Big Grin

Loch, that made me seriously snort laughing. I never expected to hear/see the phrase "sucker me into pandas". Well done. =D Heart

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - LavCat - 03-18-2012

There is always Wasteland!

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Roland - 03-18-2012

(03-16-2012, 09:12 PM)Angelstar3 Wrote: Anyone who pre-ordered D3 or the Collector's Edition from Amazon -
and your order delivery estimate should change to May 15, 2012 (the option may only be available for continental US delivery).
If you have Amazon Prime Membership, Release-Date Delivery is free, but you will have to log on and manually change the shipping speed.

Angelstar3

I have no such option available to me. Could it be because it's shipping to my P.O. box?

Edit:
Nope. Changing to my home address does not allow Release-Date shipping. Closest is Next Day shipping (1 Business Day). So, guess it doesn't work for everyone.

Edit 2:
Having read the fine print, it says you can only choose Release-Date Shipping if it is presented at checkout. It was never an option for me at checkout, nor is it one now. So, no release date shipping for the CE. At least, not for me. So, as I said, no D3 for me until at LEAST the 22nd.

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Zippyy - 03-18-2012

(03-18-2012, 05:37 PM)Roland Wrote: Having read the fine print, it says you can only choose Release-Date Shipping if it is presented at checkout. It was never an option for me at checkout, nor is it one now. So, no release date shipping for the CE. At least, not for me. So, as I said, no D3 for me until at LEAST the 22nd.

That's too bad. It Release-Date shipping showed up for me upon checkout, shipping to my house. Did it say anything about the PO box being the problem? If it's the PO box, you could always cancel your order and re-order, shipping to your home or work or a friend's house or something. Or maybe you can call Amazon and see if they can fix it for you.

We must have you there on day 0!

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Angelstar3 - 03-18-2012

(03-18-2012, 05:37 PM)Roland Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 09:12 PM)Angelstar3 Wrote: Anyone who pre-ordered D3 or the Collector's Edition from Amazon -

Angelstar3

I have no such option available to me. Could it be because it's shipping to my P.O. box?

Edit:
Nope. Changing to my home address does not allow Release-Date shipping. Closest is Next Day shipping (1 Business Day). So, guess it doesn't work for everyone.

Edit 2:
Having read the fine print, it says you can only choose Release-Date Shipping if it is presented at checkout. It was never an option for me at checkout, nor is it one now. So, no release date shipping for the CE. At least, not for me. So, as I said, no D3 for me until at LEAST the 22nd.

Roland, according to comments on incgamer's "Amazon Diablo III Pre-Order Woes", some people had to "Cancel" and "Reorder" the CE to be able to select the "Release-Date delivery" option.
Read the comments on the link below and see if any applies to you. You may at least be able to talk to an Amazon rep and receive the $5 promotional credit. Good luck!

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/amazon-diablo-iii-pre-order-woes

It's the dawning of Diablo 3...
May the servers hold up and stay strong/stable on release day so "Evil is Back" in full force!!!
Angelstar3

P.S. (Update) At this point, Amazon appears to have run out of CE.
I suggest you talk to an Amazon rep instead of trying to Cancel and Reorder online.

RE: <Lurkers> organization in D3 - Roland - 03-18-2012

(03-18-2012, 06:35 PM)Angelstar3 Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 05:37 PM)Roland Wrote:

Angelstar3

Edit:

Edit 2:

Roland, according to comments on incgamer's "Amazon Diablo III Pre-Order Woes", some people had to "Cancel" and "Reorder" the CE to be able to select the "Release-Date delivery" option.
Read the comments on the link below and see if any applies to you. You may at least be able to talk to an Amazon rep and receive the $5 promotional credit. Good luck!

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/amazon-diablo-iii-pre-order-woes

It's the dawning of Diablo 3...
May the servers hold up and stay strong/stable on release day so "Evil is Back" in full force!!!
Angelstar3

P.S. (Update) At this point, Amazon appears to have run out of CE.
I suggest you talk to an Amazon rep instead of trying to Cancel and Reorder online.

That's great, and I would have done that - except they're sold out of CEs. I'm not jeapordizing my CE to play a game a week earlier. Not that I honestly care that much about Diablo III, but I'm a sucker for CEs (and I won't have to buy D2 again!)\

So, I'll see you between the 22nd and the 26th. Tongue