The Lurker Lounge Forums
D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo III (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past (/thread-13862.html)

D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Mirajj - 05-19-2012

Figured the title was fair warning enough. Most of us have played the first two and are working our way through the third. There's some neat stuff for us old timers in there.

I was tooling around a lowbie cavern, and found the item "Wirt's Original Leg". Equipped, it was indeed a skeletal leg. I had a good laugh at that.

The new kid-vendor, Squirt, is amusing as well.

Good to see Iron Wolf Jarulf still kicking around, too.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - LavCat - 05-19-2012

(05-19-2012, 05:23 AM)Mirajj Wrote: I was tooling around a lowbie cavern, and found the item "Wirt's Original Leg". Equipped, it was indeed a skeletal leg. I had a good laugh at that.

Having not much to do with Wirt, in the local news today a fisherman pulled up an old boot that had a skeletal foot and leg attatched.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Ruvanal - 05-19-2012

I found the Lich Kings helm buried in some ice in one of the ice caves.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Elric of Grans - 05-19-2012

Sometimes the Anvil of Fury spawns in Tristram, which has `Griswald's Worn Edge'. Not to mention the Black Mushroom in the Cathedral (or Adria's Hut, I am told). Good nods to Diablo quests many had probably long forgotten. You can also sometimes enter the tavern's basement, which I am sure was a part of quest in Diablo (or was it Hellfire?).

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Mavfin - 05-19-2012

(05-19-2012, 08:13 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Not to mention the Black Mushroom in the Cathedral (or Adria's Hut, I am told).

Of course, there IS a use for the Black Mushroom... (I'm not kidding)

The basement would have to have been Hellfire, because we didn't go there in Diablo that I can remember.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Elric of Grans - 05-19-2012

(05-19-2012, 12:58 PM)Mavfin Wrote: Of course, there IS a use for the Black Mushroom... (I'm not kidding)

I know: I started that thread Tongue

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Mavfin - 05-19-2012

(05-19-2012, 08:27 PM)Elric of Grans Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 12:58 PM)Mavfin Wrote: Of course, there IS a use for the Black Mushroom... (I'm not kidding)

I know: I started that thread Tongue

Oh, ok. Well, I'm still trying to be vague so I don't pop some spoiler for someone. Big Grin

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - MMAgCh - 05-20-2012

One of Lachdanan's lore scrolls refers to Gorash (minus the "Sir", granted), who of course was the set Blood Knight boss on dlvl 16 in Diablo.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Elric of Grans - 05-20-2012

Oh, I did not realise that until you posted it! Good catch.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Sixen - 05-22-2012

There's a "Ghost of Ghardbad" random event, Wink.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - ima_nerd - 05-22-2012

I knocked over a bookshelf in the Cathedral and a bunch of scrolls tied with blue and red ribbon fell out.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Lissa - 05-23-2012

There's a Rakinishu random event as well.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Tuftears - 05-23-2012

I got a dagger off of the Rakanishu event! It's not a very good one...

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - NiteFox - 06-09-2012

I just found out that Diablo Loot Pinatas can spawn in the secret level that pretty much everyone knows about by now but we're still not explicitly mentioning due to spoilers.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - MonTy - 06-09-2012

(05-22-2012, 09:05 AM)Sixen Wrote: There's a "Ghost of Ghardbad" random event, ;).

Loved seeing that. Was one of my favorite quests from D1 :)

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - Kevin - 06-09-2012

(06-09-2012, 05:10 PM)MonTy Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 09:05 AM)Sixen Wrote: There's a "Ghost of Ghardbad" random event, Wink.

Loved seeing that. Was one of my favorite quests from D1 Smile

Sadly it sucked. I finally got to see it, and I swear the people that did it had never played D1. I'm not going to go into specifics for those that haven't done it yet, but I was very disappointed with it. The Rakinishu one was OK.

I still wish they had done something for Snotspill.

RE: D3 "Spoilers"/Nods to the Past - ViralSpiral - 06-09-2012

Pleeeeeeeeease. No hurt, no kill! Keep alive, and next time good bring to you!