The Lurker Lounge Forums
Borderlands 2 - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurkers Guild (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Public Chat (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-22.html)
+--- Thread: Borderlands 2 (/thread-14181.html)

Borderlands 2 - Frag - 09-19-2012

Anyone else playing this? If so and you want to do co-op, my steam ID is (shock) Lurker_Frag. Big Grin

Also, the game is fantastic, though the rest of the household is more dubious, I keep waking them up from laughing too hard.

RE: Borderlands 2 - vor_lord - 09-19-2012

In your opinion, what makes this game better than the first? I rented the first and had a great time playing it for a night with bonemage, but even in that time frame it got pretty repetitive so ended up not buying it.

RE: Borderlands 2 - Crushar - 09-20-2012

I purchased it for the Xbox if anyone wants to add me gamertag is Crushur. I find the game so far to be much harder than the original. I am enjoying it playing a gun zerker. Jr

RE: Borderlands 2 - Frag - 09-20-2012

(09-19-2012, 09:34 PM)vor_lord Wrote: In your opinion, what makes this game better than the first? I rented the first and had a great time playing it for a night with bonemage, but even in that time frame it got pretty repetitive so ended up not buying it.
The game starts faster (no 'tutorial' and easy mode time), the wit, voice acting and production value are up, the storyline isn't as rote and there are some genuine surprises (or I'm just stupid) and it is hard. That being said, if you didn't like the first, the second is going to do nothing for you if you didn't stop the first because it seemed too easy, it's still a shoot'n'loot.

Added you Jr. I'm playing an elemental Siren atm, but if we team up for a while I'll swap to matriarch. The little bit of multiplayer I've done has been brutal, they ramp the challenge up a LOT, and the loot is heavenly, it's fun.

RE: Borderlands 2 - Bolty - 09-20-2012

(09-19-2012, 09:34 PM)vor_lord Wrote: I rented the first and had a great time playing it for a night with bonemage, but even in that time frame it got pretty repetitive so ended up not buying it.

Indeed, that's why I stopped playing it after level...I forget, 15 or so. It just got boring. Different strokes, I suppose.

RE: Borderlands 2 - Frag - 09-20-2012

(09-20-2012, 12:34 PM)Bolty Wrote:
(09-19-2012, 09:34 PM)vor_lord Wrote: I rented the first and had a great time playing it for a night with bonemage, but even in that time frame it got pretty repetitive so ended up not buying it.

Indeed, that's why I stopped playing it after level...I forget, 15 or so. It just got boring. Different strokes, I suppose.
I've heard this from about a dozen people so far, and I admit I don't quite understand it. It took me around 160hrs of gameplay to get the point I felt like I had mostly mastered the combat, and still had challenges left that really pushed me (mostly 2.5x New Haven & Crawmerax). That's what keeps me interested in the game is the very high skill cap on being able to perfectly fight each and every major opponent. I do accept that I'm likely one of the few who probably see the game this way, though.

RE: Borderlands 2 - Quark - 09-21-2012

I read a quote about how a Lilith (Siren) fan from BL1 should pick a class in BL2.

Quote:Depends what you like. If you want to just run around fast spraying bullets everywhere go with Sal, if you want to turn invisible and get close for melee/shotgun crits use Zer0, if you want crazy elemental damage use Maya.
If you want all 3....well now you realize how OP Lilith was in the first game...

Even with me seeing the truth in that, Maya (new Siren) can be really fun. Phaselock is CC when it works, and a lot of damage when it doesn't. But so far it's been really rare to find something that can't be CC'd. The best (or worst) was playing tonight 2 Mayas + 1 Zer0. Oh, Badass Nomad Torturer (has a giant shield in front)? Yeah, just hang in the air until you're dead thanks to 2 Phaselocks.

I can't wait to get the skill where an enemy above 50% life takes 8/16/24/32/40% more damage. Nice Sniper Rifle, Phaselock to line up the headshot ... 40% boosted crit shot.

RE: Borderlands 2 - MonTy - 09-21-2012

I love shooters and action RPGs, so you figure by putting them together it would be a perfect fit for myself. But nope, I just can't get into the series. Put about eight hours into BL1 and a few into BL2. Oh well Tongue

RE: Borderlands 2 - Frag - 09-22-2012

Have you tried multiplayer yet, Monty?

RE: Borderlands 2 - MonTy - 09-22-2012

(09-22-2012, 01:16 AM)Frag Wrote: Have you tried multiplayer yet, Monty?

Briefly with a friend that wouldn't stop dying :P Do you group up most of the time? Seems BL2 makes that fairly easy.

RE: Borderlands 2 - Frag - 09-22-2012

(09-22-2012, 01:20 AM)MonTy Wrote:
(09-22-2012, 01:16 AM)Frag Wrote: Have you tried multiplayer yet, Monty?

Briefly with a friend that wouldn't stop dying Tongue Do you group up most of the time? Seems BL2 makes that fairly easy.
I've only done pugs as I have no one's steam account info, and it's been mostly horrifying, in the good japanese film kinda way.

Would really like to do some coordinated teamplay to see how things go when people aren't in last ditch every 30s. Smile

RE: Borderlands 2 - mistique - 10-04-2012

I'm finding it fun and a good release from D3, playing Sniper ZerO, which has it's down side, but is still fun.
It's more compelling with the story and the quests this time too, much more to do and the added Badass levels are interesting, though i haven't stopped playing long enough to see what they do.
Haven't played any Multiplayer yet as i'm still getting the feel for the game, but should be soon as i got the game for my nephew's birthday in a couple of days time.
Going to be fun.
Only thing, i do wish you could shoot Claptrap, just for the fun of it!!