The Lurker Lounge Forums
Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Steam Winter Sale 2013 (/thread-15764.html)

Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Bolty - 12-20-2013

Just a heads up, the Steam Winter Sale has begun. Glee!

As usual:
  • Don't buy anything unless it's a daily deal or a flash deal until the last day of the event (January 3rd), because games get extra special prices on those deals. If you don't get a flash or daily deal on what you want, then buy away on the 3rd.
  • You can buy a game as a gift, send it to your inventory, and use it as a gift to give to people or to trade in the future.
  • Steam now emails you if a game on your wishlist goes on sale. You can add all the games you want to watch to your wishlist and get an alert if they're up for a special deal.
  • Lock your wallet up and throw away the key.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Lissa - 12-20-2013

(12-20-2013, 03:04 AM)Bolty Wrote: Just a heads up, the Steam Winter Sale has begun. Glee!

As usual:
  • Don't buy anything unless it's a daily deal or a flash deal until the last day of the event (January 3rd), because games get extra special prices on those deals. If you don't get a flash or daily deal on what you want, then buy away on the 3rd.
  • You can buy a game as a gift, send it to your inventory, and use it as a gift to give to people or to trade in the future.
  • Steam now emails you if a game on your wishlist goes on sale. You can add all the games you want to watch to your wishlist and get an alert if they're up for a special deal.
  • Lock your wallet up and throw away the key.

Well, that was quick, the autumn sale ended on the 2nd (maybe the 3rd) of December.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Nystul - 12-24-2013

(12-20-2013, 06:18 AM)Lissa Wrote: Well, that was quick, the autumn sale ended on the 2nd (maybe the 3rd) of December.

I'm not sure if Valve feels that certain people may be turned off or confused by the words "Thanksgiving" and "Christmas" but the timing of their autumn and winter sales is always pretty predictable.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - DeeBye - 12-25-2013

Left 4 Dead 2 is free today. Merry Christmas.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - NiteFox - 12-26-2013

Out of today's daily deals, I suggest Dark Souls. 80% off.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Alram - 12-29-2013

(12-25-2013, 07:40 PM)DeeBye Wrote: Left 4 Dead 2 is free today. Merry Christmas.

I got it. Thank you for posting the info.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Saigon - 12-29-2013

I bought most of what I wanted during the Autumn sale. I've only bought three games during the Holiday sale so far.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Bolty - 01-02-2014

As the sale comes to a close, I'll just put this here to scare you. Consider that the next time there's a sale. Smile

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Jester - 01-03-2014

(01-02-2014, 08:53 PM)Bolty Wrote: As the sale comes to a close, I'll just put this here to scare you. Consider that the next time there's a sale. Smile

I'll remember that next time I have a month and a briefcase of Walter's Premium Albuquerque Methamphetamines.

Scarily, I have played nearly as much of the Mass Effect series as I have time remaining on all my other games.

(... and Mass Effect 1/2/3 is over an order of magnitude less than WoW... but that's something else.)

-Jester

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - NiteFox - 01-04-2014

(12-20-2013, 03:04 AM)Bolty Wrote: As usual:

This actually turned out to be terrible advice with regards to this sale. The sale proper actually ended at the end of the 1st, with the 2nd being the encore deals and the remaining daily sales from the 1st.

The moral of the story is to actually read what the deadline date on every non-flash, -daily, or popular choice sale is. Something to consider the next sale unless Valve decides to mix it up again.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - Lissa - 01-04-2014

(01-04-2014, 10:36 AM)NiteFox Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 03:04 AM)Bolty Wrote: As usual:

This actually turned out to be terrible advice with regards to this sale. The sale proper actually ended at the end of the 1st, with the 2nd being the encore deals and the remaining daily sales from the 1st.

The moral of the story is to actually read what the deadline date on every non-flash, -daily, or popular choice sale is. Something to consider the next sale unless Valve decides to mix it up again.

Actually, the prices from 1 PM Eastern (6 PM GMT) Jan 2 to 1 PM Eastern (6 PM GMT) Jan 3 were the same as any daily deals during the entire sale time.

RE: Steam Winter Sale 2013 - MonTy - 01-06-2014

Just played through Antichamber from the Steam sale. Amazing puzzle game. Highly recommend even at the normal price of $20.