The Lurker Lounge Forums
Flask of Supreme Power - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Flask of Supreme Power (/thread-5101.html)

Pages: 1 2

Flask of Supreme Power - nobbie - 12-25-2005

Today, Frostwhisper dropped the Recipe: Flask of Supreme Power for our Scholomance raid group, and I was the lucky winner.

The description says the flask increases damage done by magical spells and effects "up to" 150 for 2 hours. Is that the same damage amplification like i.e. on the Staff of Jordan (damage increase up to 26), so that this flask's effect would be almost 6(!) times as high as that of the Staff of Jordan?

Also, Thottbot says that an alchemy lab is required to mix the flask (i.e. Scholomance, BWL) but the description on the recipe itself has no mention of a lab at all. So, is the lab required?

Flask of Supreme Power - MongoJerry - 12-26-2005

nobbie,Dec 25 2005, 02:56 PM Wrote:Today, Frostwhisper dropped the Recipe: Flask of Supreme Power for our Scholomance raid group, and I was the lucky winner.

Grats! It's a great recipe that people will spend hundreds of gold to get, because it's so good.

Quote:The description says the flask increases damage done by magical spells and effects "up to" 150 for 2 hours. Is that the same damage amplification like i.e. on the Staff of Jordan (damage increase up to 26), so that this flask's effect would be almost 6(!) times as high as that of the Staff of Jordan?

Yep, exactly. What's more, the buff is not lost on death. However, the material cost is high, so it's unlikely that you'll be using this all the time.

Quote:Also, Thottbot says that an alchemy lab is required to mix the flask (i.e. Scholomance, BWL) but the description on the recipe itself has no mention of a lab at all. So, is the lab required?

Yes, you need to use an alchemy lab to make them.

Flask of Supreme Power - nobbie - 12-26-2005

Thanks for the info :)

Flask of Supreme Power - The Gnu - 12-26-2005

I've started to stock up on black lotuses to make myself these flasks. It might be a steep cost, but the effect of this flask is unbelievable! This recipe is indeed a nice find. :)

Flask of Supreme Power - nobbie - 12-26-2005

The Gnu,Dec 26 2005, 01:55 AM Wrote:I've started to stock up on black lotuses to make myself these flasks. It might be a steep cost, but the effect of this flask is unbelievable! This recipe is indeed a nice find. :)
[right][snapback]98030[/snapback][/right]
Where can I find the Black Lotus best, and what's the respawn time?

Flask of Supreme Power - The Gnu - 12-26-2005

I wouldn't know. I sell rare enchants and buy black lotus from the AH with the money I earn. :D

Flask of Supreme Power - Concillian - 12-27-2005

nobbie,Dec 26 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:Where can I find the Black Lotus best, and what's the respawn time?
[right][snapback]98033[/snapback][/right]

Basically anywhere you see RTVs and herbs spawn you will see Black Lotus as a RARE spawn of another herb.

Silithus, Winterspring, & EP primarily

Flask of Supreme Power - Bolty - 12-27-2005

Just a note, Cleoboltra on Stormrage can make these, but the mats are insane and, as has been said, she has to get to an alchemy lab to make them.

Nevertheless, if any players in the Avarice Alliance want one of these (since they last through death) for our raiding, and want to supply mats, I can make them up during any Scholo run. It'll give me an excuse to go there, anyway.

-Bolty

Flask of Supreme Power - MongoJerry - 12-27-2005

Concillian,Dec 26 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:Basically anywhere you see RTVs and herbs spawn you will see Black Lotus as a RARE spawn of another herb.

My understanding is that they can spawn in very specific places and have *long* respawn times. I've been told that there are four spots in Winterspring where they can spawn. I've found two -- one in the winterfall furbolg area near the tunnel back to felwood and the other in the moonkin are in the south. If I really got into black lotus hunting, I'd probably check allakazam and/or thotbott to try to find the others. I've also found a black lotus spawn point in the burning steppes.

Flask of Supreme Power - Treesh - 12-27-2005

MongoJerry,Dec 27 2005, 04:02 AM Wrote:My understanding is that they can spawn in very specific places and have *long* respawn times.  I've been told that there are four spots in Winterspring where they can spawn.  I've found two -- one in the winterfall furbolg area near the tunnel back to felwood and the other in the moonkin are in the south.  If I really got into black lotus hunting, I'd probably check allakazam and/or thotbott to try to find the others.  I've also found a black lotus spawn point in the burning steppes.
[right][snapback]98063[/snapback][/right]
There's also one just by the cave in WS leading to Haleh/Manaclaw, the cave with all the blue dragonkin, but that one is rare to see since there's so much traffic through there for the Ony questline. At least I think I remember harvesting one there.

Flask of Supreme Power - Mirajj - 12-27-2005

I also recall seeing one several times in Winterfall Village. If you start at the village gate, you go up the ramp to the 'second level', and turn west. There's a duo of furbies there, and it's usually behind them.

But as with Haleh's cave, it's a highly camped area, so Gl finding it. ;)

Flask of Supreme Power - Kevin - 12-27-2005

Mirajj,Dec 27 2005, 12:33 PM Wrote:I also recall seeing one several times in Winterfall Village. If you start at the village gate, you go up the ramp to the 'second level', and turn west. There's a duo of furbies there, and it's usually behind them.

[right][snapback]98081[/snapback][/right]

It will only get worse in 1.9 with them dropping runecloth as well....

Flask of Supreme Power - nobbie - 12-27-2005

Mirajj,Dec 27 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:I also recall seeing one several times in Winterfall Village. If you start at the village gate, you go up the ramp to the 'second level', and turn west. There's a duo of furbies there, and it's usually behind them.

[right][snapback]98081[/snapback][/right]
Found one Black Lotus there yesterday later the night, but moved on immediately when I saw that these are Winterfall furbys (required for Timbermaw reputation) ;)

Flask of Supreme Power - Mirajj - 12-27-2005

nobbie,Dec 27 2005, 03:54 PM Wrote:Found one Black Lotus there yesterday later the night, but moved on immediately when I saw that these are Winterfall furbys (required for Timbermaw reputation) ;)
[right][snapback]98098[/snapback][/right]

They aren't "required" for faction. They are the ones that everyone likes to beat on for faction. You only get faction from the ones in Winterfall village until you are 1/2 way through Honored, then you stop, unless you beat on High Chief Winterfall.

The furbies that you get faction on are the quest related ones, in Felwood, and Western Winterspring.

Flask of Supreme Power - nobbie - 12-28-2005

Mirajj,Dec 27 2005, 11:52 PM Wrote:They aren't "required" for faction. They are the ones that everyone likes to beat on for faction. You only get faction from the ones in Winterfall village until you are 1/2 way through Honored, then you stop, unless you beat on High Chief Winterfall.

The furbies that you get faction on are the quest related ones, in Felwood, and Western Winterspring.
[right][snapback]98105[/snapback][/right]
Ok, but the camp was cleared a bit too often for my personal taste anyway ;)

Flask of Supreme Power - nobbie - 12-29-2005

MongoJerry,Dec 27 2005, 09:02 AM Wrote:My understanding is that they can spawn in very specific places and have *long* respawn times.
I've found and observed a single spot for 2 days now, and if my observation is correct, the respawn of Black Lotus at a particular node is about 2 days (~48 hours). Ridiculous, if one considers how many people are after that ingredient.

Flask of Supreme Power - Concillian - 12-30-2005

MongoJerry,Dec 27 2005, 01:02 AM Wrote:My understanding is that they can spawn in very specific places and have *long* respawn times.  I've been told that there are four spots in Winterspring where they can spawn.  I've found two -- one in the winterfall furbolg area near the tunnel back to felwood and the other in the moonkin are in the south.  If I really got into black lotus hunting, I'd probably check allakazam and/or thotbott to try to find the others.  I've also found a black lotus spawn point in the burning steppes.
[right][snapback]98063[/snapback][/right]

True, I was being purposefully vague given nobbie's purposful withholding of resource spawn information in the RTV thread.

Am I the only one who feels somewhat insulted that this person expressed such a secretive attitude about the best mining spots, then comes back and asks people to share the best herbing spots?

Flask of Supreme Power - nobbie - 12-30-2005

Concillian,Dec 30 2005, 02:11 AM Wrote:True, I was being purposefully vague given nobbie's purposful withholding of resource spawn information in the RTV thread.

Am I the only one who feels somewhat insulted that this person expressed such a secretive attitude about the best mining spots, then comes back and asks people to share the best herbing spots?
[right][snapback]98287[/snapback][/right]
An answer like "Winterspring" is fine with me because Thottbot lists the very few available spots correctly anyway. Last but not least you're of course free not to answer, and I still think that the RTV spot I was talking about is a whole other story ;)

Flask of Supreme Power - MongoJerry - 12-30-2005

nobbie,Dec 29 2005, 02:30 AM Wrote:I've found and observed a single spot for 2 days now, and if my observation is correct, the respawn of Black Lotus at a particular node is about 2 days (~48 hours). Ridiculous, if one considers how many people are after that ingredient.

I've never quite understood the mechanics of herb and mine spawn points, but I think that some spawn points are interconnected. That is, it might be that there are four spots in Winterspring where black lotus can spawn but that those spawn points are related. So, if you pick lotus in one spot, the lotus will respawn some hours later, but it might choose to respawn at any of the four points. In this scenario, you would never see more than one black lotus up in Winterspring at any given time and if you watched only one spawn point, it's possible that you could go for 48+ hours and never see it respawn at that one point, because the lotus keeps spawning at other points if it ever gets picked at all while you are watching.

Flask of Supreme Power - nobbie - 12-30-2005

MongoJerry,Dec 30 2005, 08:54 AM Wrote:I've never quite understood the mechanics of herb and mine spawn points, but I think that some spawn points are interconnected.
Definitely. I made the same observation with mining spots. If you have, say, four RTV spots in a relatively small area, only one of the four will respawn a new RTV about every 30-45 minutes.

I also noticed that those spots seem to be "connected" to your character, because the spawns often appear when you get close enough to the nodes. Your character seems to be set on a timer, i.e. "char has found last RTV 45 minutes ago", and when that time is over, a new RTV will spawn in one of the four locations if you get close enough. Otherwise, it wouldn't be possible to give players a fair number of resources in a world that is shared by hundreds of players.