The Lurker Lounge Forums
Video of a UFC Pride fight - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Video of a UFC Pride fight (/thread-5230.html)

Pages: 1 2

Video of a UFC Pride fight - DeeBye - 12-01-2005

Who do you think think will win?

In this corner, James Thompson. 6'4", 264lbs of rock-solid muscle. His muscles have muscles.
[Image: jack0mo.jpg]

In this corner, Aleksander Emelianenko. He is kinda bored and looking around for the hotdog guy. I envy his generous beer belly.
[Image: aleskander4cy.jpg]

The staredown!
[Image: staredown9sa.jpg]
James gives his best evil eye and mighty strong posedown, while Aleksander just wipes his nose.

Who wins?
I bet you've already figured it out.

Don't mess with the Russians.

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Jester - 12-01-2005

It's really hard not to think that's some kind of comedy sketch.

He just looks so... bored.

-Jester

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Ashock - 12-01-2005

I have to say that when I looked at the skinbrain's staredown look, all I wanted to do was laugh.

DeeBye,Nov 30 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:Don't mess with the Russians.
[right][snapback]96058[/snapback][/right]

That's right.

-A

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Doc - 12-01-2005

Fatso has that thousand yard stare that you get after killing a few people. :blink: :wacko:

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Mithrandir - 12-01-2005

I think this guy thought he was Joe Frazier.

Video of a UFC Pride fight - DeeBye - 12-02-2005

Doc,Dec 1 2005, 06:45 PM Wrote:Fatso has that thousand yard stare that you get after killing a few people.  :blink:  :wacko:
[right][snapback]96097[/snapback][/right]

I read somewhere that this Russian's star-shaped tattoos on his shoulders represent a connection to the Russian mafia, so I don't doubt that your assessment is far off.

Also, after Googling around it seems that he has an older brother named Fedor that can kick more ass than him.

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Ashock - 12-02-2005

Mithrandir,Dec 1 2005, 04:18 PM Wrote:I think this guy thought he was Joe Frazier.
[right][snapback]96103[/snapback][/right]

I think Joe could take either one of them out, and I mean *now*. Which I can't say about his more famous rival, heh. Hmm, that sounded pretty callous, I think. Oh well, I'm not a big fan.

-A

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Doc - 12-02-2005

DeeBye,Dec 1 2005, 10:33 PM Wrote:I read somewhere that this Russian's star-shaped tattoos on his shoulders represent a connection to the Russian mafia, so I don't doubt that your assessment is far off.

Also, after Googling around it seems that he has an older brother named Fedor that can kick more ass than him.
[right][snapback]96122[/snapback][/right]

I sort of suspected that Fatso was going to unleash a keg of whoopass. I was right. He just had that look. I became all to familiar with that look during the Viet Nam era. To many boys came home with that look.

Video of a UFC Pride fight - DeeBye - 12-02-2005

DeeBye,Dec 1 2005, 11:33 PM Wrote:Also, after Googling around it seems that he has an older brother named Fedor that can kick more ass than him.
[right][snapback]96122[/snapback][/right]

I found a video clip of his brother's antics. He scares me.

Sorry for the awful dubbed music.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4609381522811996320

DeeBye,Dec 1 2005, 11:40 PM Wrote:I found a video clip of his brother's antics.  He scares me.
[right][snapback]96132[/snapback][/right]

He *is* impressive.

-A

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Munkay - 12-02-2005

Ashock,Dec 2 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:He *is* impressive.
-A

Quoted for truth. The quickness of his punches, the relentless punching attacks, and the extremely quick reaction time makes him on extremely scary fighter. I sure as hell would not want to fight him, ever.

Thanks for the clips DeeBye!

Cheers,

Munk

Munkay,Dec 2 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:Quoted for truth.  The quickness of his punches, the relentless punching attacks, and the extremely quick reaction time makes him on extremely scary fighter.  I sure as hell would not want to fight him, ever.

Thanks for the clips DeeBye!

Cheers,

Munk
[right][snapback]96168[/snapback][/right]

He has a website with a bunch of video clips of his fights.

-A

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Doc - 12-03-2005

You know what they say.

The bigger they are...

The more bones they break!

Video of a UFC Pride fight - the Langolier - 12-03-2005

Doc,Dec 1 2005, 11:24 PM Wrote:I sort of suspected that Fatso was going to unleash a keg of whoopass. I was right.
[right][snapback]96130[/snapback][/right]

I wasn't very impressed. It just looked like how the announcer called it - a slug fest. It could have been a bar fight. I think the ref called it way too early. It didn't even look like Muscles was hurt plus he got right up after the call. If a fight ends 8 seconds into it, the guy better have a broken bone, large cut, or be limp on the mat.

New theory: Belly IS in the mafia, and it was "suggested" to the ref by his corner that Belly aught to win...

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Minionman - 12-03-2005

Have to agree. It just looked like a straight fight, no serious ass kicking of one person by another.

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Ashock - 12-03-2005

the Langolier,Dec 2 2005, 05:59 PM Wrote:I wasn't very impressed.  It just looked like how the announcer called it - a slug fest.  It could have been a bar fight.  I think the ref called it way too early.  It didn't even look like Muscles was hurt plus he got right up after the call.  If a fight ends 8 seconds into it, the guy better have a broken bone, large cut, or be limp on the mat.

New theory: Belly IS in the mafia, and it was "suggested" to the ref by his corner that Belly aught to win...
[right][snapback]96177[/snapback][/right]

If you look carefully, Thompson was very wobbly when he got up. Maybe the fight *was* stopped a few seconds too early, but it was already over anyway.

Besides, if you look up the rules for this type of fighting, "broken bone, large cut, or be limp on the mat" are relatively uncommon events.

-A

Video of a UFC Pride fight - Doc - 12-03-2005

It's hard to see because of the video quality, but Fatso hit that guy really hard. Twice. In the face. Hard enough to make his jaw jiggle like jello.

There are not to many people that can take hits to the face like that and remain functional.

Video of a UFC Pride fight - DeeBye - 12-03-2005

Doc,Dec 2 2005, 10:48 PM Wrote:It's hard to see because of the video quality, but Fatso hit that guy really hard. Twice. In the face. Hard enough to make his jaw jiggle like jello.

There are not to many people that can take hits to the face like that and remain functional.
[right][snapback]96185[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, muscles was done. The first time I watched it I wasn't that impressed, but after rewatching the last couple of blows I realised that fatso had him completely at his mercy.

If the fight had gone on a few seconds longer muscles would have been seriously hurt. He was totally outclassed.

Video of a UFC Pride fight - kandrathe - 12-03-2005

Ashock,Dec 2 2005, 06:26 PM Wrote:He has a website with a bunch of video clips of his fights.
-A
[right][snapback]96173[/snapback][/right]

His video clips

Check out #7 -- Bro vs Bro.

Video of a UFC Pride fight - kandrathe - 12-03-2005

DeeBye,Dec 2 2005, 09:59 PM Wrote:Yeah, muscles was done.  The first time I watched it I wasn't that impressed, but after rewatching the last couple of blows I realised that fatso had him completely at his mercy.

If the fight had gone on a few seconds longer muscles would have been seriously hurt.  He was totally outclassed.
[right][snapback]96186[/snapback][/right]

Another view of Alex punching hard. One scary dude. The tattoo stars on his shoulders indicate he is someone of importance within the Russian mafia, but I really like the Grim Reaper holding a baby on his back.