The Lurker Lounge Forums
Ebonroc Down! - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Ebonroc Down! (/thread-5554.html)

Ebonroc Down! - MongoJerry - 10-05-2005

The Core took down Ebonroc in a Tichondrius all-server first tonight. (Easy Company, an Alliance guild took him down about an hour and a half later). Here are the pics:

1. We tanked Ebonroc in the cubbyhole part of Firemaw's room.

[Image: ebonroc1.jpg]

2. I won't pretend it was easy. On our first wipe, I got ported over to him and killed. I think some of those props in the corner made me out of line of sight, but I'm not sure about that. (That wasn't why we wiped, but it was just an interesting thing I noticed during that wipe).

[Image: ebonroc2.jpg]

We had several wipes in fact.

[Image: ebonroc3.jpg]

3. The people who have the toughest job of all are the tanks who have to keep bouncing aggro around on each other. Ebonroc does a Wing Buffet which reduces aggro on the person he hits with it. What's more, he places a debuff that is not dispellable that causes Ebonroc to be healed for 25,000 life every time he hits the person who has the debuff. So a tank got the debuff, several other tanks would taunt Ebonroc in succession to keep him off whoever had been debuffed. Several tanks were used both to make sure Ebonroc stayed off the main tank long enough and to cover for the cases when taunt gets resisted. Also, two warriors were assigned to keep Mortal Strike on Ebonroc at all times.

Plus, the heal teams had to bounce around from warrior to warrior, of course, making sure each of them stayed healed and making sure to stay in their rotations and conserve mana as much as possible. It can be a very long fight, depending on how much Ebonroc gets healed.

[Image: ebonroc4.jpg]

[Image: ebonroc5.jpg]

[Image: ebonroc6.jpg]

4. When Ebonroc's life got low, people started getting excited and the raid leaders had to keep telling people to stay with what they've been doing, stay focused, and not do anything different. Ebonroc's life got down to 1% -- and then bounced back up to 15% in a bad series of heals.

[Image: ebonroc7.jpg]

5. But we refocused and took him down the rest of the way.

[Image: ebonroc8.jpg]

6. When the raid leaders saw what was on the body, loot was distributed almost instantly. The two rogues in the party grabbed their loots so fast that I barely got the above screenshot before the corpse disappeared. Uinr got the Bloodfang Gloves and Syren got the Drake Fang Talisman.

[Image: ebonroc9.jpg]

Ebonroc Down! - Hedon - 10-05-2005

Woohoa, making fast progress in BWL ist seems. Gratz! :)

Did I read the CTRA panel right 8 warriors? :blink:

Ebonroc Down! - Quark - 10-05-2005

Hedon,Oct 5 2005, 02:29 AM Wrote:Did I read the CTRA panel right 8 warriors?  :blink:
[right][snapback]91093[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, and the class they underrepresented is Rogues. At least somebody figured it out.

Ebonroc Down! - Tuftears - 10-05-2005

Congratulations! Sounds like quite the fun encounter.

Ebonroc Down! - Skandranon - 10-06-2005

Critical Mass on Stormrage just downed Ebonroc today, and I have to say that Mongo's excellent semi-writeup here makes the fight look a lot more fun than it is.

It can be intensely frustrating when a bunch of taunts are resisted in a row and Ebonroc heals seven to ten percent despite doing everything right. What's even more annoying is the current bug with Ebonroc; every now and then, despite having aggro solidly locked on the main tank, he'll turn away from the tank and nuke half the raid for ~5k shadow damage. He will literally be targeting the main tank the entire time and yet will inexplicably swing away and fwoosh the casters.

How did The Core deal with that, Mongo? Does the positioning in that room result in fewer random shadowflames? CM had to use a combination of battle ressing, sucking it up, and running and hiding to deal with it.

Ebonroc Down! - Lissa - 10-06-2005

Skandranon,Oct 5 2005, 09:37 PM Wrote:Critical Mass on Stormrage just downed Ebonroc today, and I have to say that Mongo's excellent semi-writeup here makes the fight look a lot more fun than it is.

It can be intensely frustrating when a bunch of taunts are resisted in a row and Ebonroc heals seven to ten percent despite doing everything right.  What's even more annoying is the current bug with Ebonroc; every now and then, despite having aggro solidly locked on the main tank, he'll turn away from the tank and nuke half the raid for ~5k shadow damage.  He will literally be targeting the main tank the entire time and yet will inexplicably swing away and fwoosh the casters.

How did The Core deal with that, Mongo?  Does the positioning in that room result in fewer random shadowflames?  CM had to use a combination of battle ressing, sucking it up, and running and hiding to deal with it.
[right][snapback]91195[/snapback][/right]

Looks to me like Onyxia Scale Cloaks

Ebonroc Down! - NotSoDarklord - 10-06-2005

Lissa,Oct 6 2005, 05:04 AM Wrote:Looks to me like Onyxia Scale Cloaks
[right][snapback]91200[/snapback][/right]
Those cloaks merely save you from the dot that goes with shadowflame. Everyone wears the cloaks, but they still get a 4-5k nuke of shadow damage each time he shadowflames errantly.