The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - TaMeOlta - 05-26-2005

Minionman,May 25 2005, 08:44 PM Wrote:I wish I understood computers better.
[right][snapback]78616[/snapback][/right]

Granted ! You are now a Borg !!! :P

I wish you all knew how much I missed this place ..... ;)

The Corrupted Wish Game - Urza-DSF - 05-26-2005

TaMeOlta,May 26 2005, 06:31 AM Wrote:Granted ! You are now a Borg !!!  :P

I wish you all knew how much I missed this place .....  ;)
[right][snapback]78636[/snapback][/right]

Granted! Everyone knows exactly how much you missed this place, and you are thought less of for your sheer lack of emotion.

I wish I had a working mini-fridge in my room right now

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 05-26-2005

Urza-DSF,May 26 2005, 04: Wrote:Granted!  Everyone knows exactly how much you missed this place, and you are thought less of for your sheer lack of emotion.

I wish I had a working mini-fridge in my room right now
[right][snapback]78638[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You now can't fall asleep because of the noise and because the urge to eat keeps you awake.

I wish I got all A's in school with no extra work.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Occhidiangela - 05-26-2005

Minionman,May 26 2005, 02:36 PM Wrote:I wish I got all A's in school with no extra work.
[right][snapback]78670[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You get all A's in school with no extra work. Heck, you can't find work at all, since being given A's hardly trains the mind. Welcom to the bread line . . .

I wish my back swing was smoother.

Occhi

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 05-26-2005

Occhidiangela,May 26 2005, 01:09 PM Wrote:Granted.  You get all A's in school with no extra work.  Heck, you can't find work at all, since being given A's hardly trains the mind.  Welcom to the bread line . . .

I wish my back swing was smoother.

Occhi
[right][snapback]78672[/snapback][/right]

Your doctor orders you to install an ergonomic swinging chair in the middle of your living room. You are forced to sit in it for 19.5 hours per day because you threw your back out playing golf. The finish on the wood is smooth as glass though.

I wish I hadn't tweaked my neck this morning when I woke up.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 05-27-2005

jahcs,May 26 2005, 04:36 PM Wrote:Your doctor orders you to install an ergonomic swinging chair in the middle of your living room.  You are forced to sit in it for 19.5 hours per day because you threw your back out playing golf.  The finish on the wood is smooth as glass though.

I wish I hadn't tweaked my neck this morning when I woke up.
[right][snapback]78686[/snapback][/right]

Granted. All the items you transfered from mules to your neck are back on the mules. Oh, you said "tweaked", not "twinked". Can't help you there.

I wish for a lot more wishes.

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 05-27-2005

Minionman,May 26 2005, 05:25 PM Wrote:Granted.  All the items you transfered from mules to your neck are back on the mules.  Oh, you said "tweaked", not "twinked".  Can't help you there.

I wish for a lot more wishes.
[right][snapback]78690[/snapback][/right]

A lot more wishes are granted. Unfortunately they are all corrupted wishes for other people who become very angry with you for giving them defective merchandise.

I wish my last wish had been better understood.

jahcs,May 27 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:A lot more wishes are granted.  Unfortunately they are all corrupted wishes for other people who become very angry with you for giving them defective merchandise.
I wish my last wish had been better understood.
[right][snapback]78724[/snapback][/right]

Granted. A lot of people get angry at what you said and burn down your house.

I wish I could write better.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 05-27-2005

Minionman,May 27 2005, 12:48 PM Wrote:I wish I could write better.
[right][snapback]78734[/snapback][/right]

Your years of practice are finally paying off. Your penmanship begins to show signs of drastic improvement. In no time at all, you've gone from chicken scratch to the finest pen strokes for miles around. The content of your compositions, in stark contrast, is now more condemned than ever based on the increase in the number of people who can read it. On the plus side, a promising new career in calligraphy may be opening up for you. Good luck with that!

I wish that this week-end started sooner.

Jeunemaitre,May 27 2005, 12:47 PM Wrote:Your years of practice are finally paying off.  Your penmanship begins to show signs of drastic improvement.  In no time at all, you've gone from chicken scratch to the finest pen strokes for miles around.  The content of your compositions, in stark contrast, is now more condemned than ever based on the increase in the number of people who can read it.  On the plus side, a promising new career in calligraphy may be opening up for you.  Good luck with that!

I wish that this week-end started sooner.
[right][snapback]78739[/snapback][/right]

Granted. A day is taken off of both the wekk and weekend. You now wait one less day for a half as long weekend.

edit: I wish world hunger was eliminated.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Occhidiangela - 05-27-2005

Minionman,May 27 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:edit: I wish world hunger was eliminated.
[right][snapback]78744[/snapback][/right]

Granted. The world is no longer hungry, farmers go bankrupt, and civil war ensues.

I wish beer wans't fattening.

Occhidiangela,May 27 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:Granted.  The world is no longer hungry, farmers go bankrupt, and civil war ensues.

I wish beer wans't fattening.
[right][snapback]78747[/snapback][/right]

Granted, it's now thinning, and you are now going dangerously underweight.

I wish I never got bored.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Bolty - 05-27-2005

Grats, BTW. This is now the largest thread all time on this forum and it is still growing. Note: that does not mean it's the largest Lurker thread ever, because I'm not sure how many replies some threads got on the two previous forums. But it's still an achievement. What's more impressive is that it beat out a political discussion for the #1 spot. I'd figure only religion could do that!

I wish the all time largest thread was on something more important, though.

*wink*

-Bolty

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 05-27-2005

Bolty,May 27 2005, 02:56 PM Wrote:Grats, BTW.  This is now the largest thread all time on this forum and it is still growing.  Note: that does not mean it's the largest Lurker thread ever, because I'm not sure how many replies some threads got on the two previous forums.  But it's still an achievement.  What's more impressive is that it beat out a political discussion for the #1 spot.  I'd figure only religion could do that!

I wish the all time largest thread was on something more important, though.

*wink*

-Bolty
[right][snapback]78761[/snapback][/right]

Granted. This thread now diverges and begins discussing our illustrious Bolty and how he broke the wishing chain. By the end we are ready to boil Bolty in oil.

I wish I knew how wishing for my neck to stop hurting caused my neighbors to burn down my house.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 05-28-2005

jahcs,May 27 2005, 05:09 PM Wrote:Granted.  This thread now diverges and begins discussing our illustrious Bolty and how he broke the wishing chain.  By the end we are ready to boil Bolty in oil.
I wish I knew how wishing for my neck to stop hurting caused my neighbors to burn down my house.
[right][snapback]78762[/snapback][/right]

Granted. It was a demon, who during this explanation will use your opened state of mind to sneak in and posses you.

I wish I could jump 100 feet in the air and survive the coming back down and landing.

The Corrupted Wish Game - TaMeOlta - 05-28-2005

Minionman,May 27 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:Granted.  It was a demon, who during this explanation will use your opened state of mind to sneak in and posses you. 

I wish I could jump 100 feet in the air and survive the coming back down and landing.
[right][snapback]78772[/snapback][/right]

Granted ! :lol: You are now a flea !! :lol:

I wish MinionMan hadn't hacked into my computer and pretended to be me for the past 6 weeks ! ( :P inside joke :P )

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 05-28-2005

TaMeOlta,May 27 2005, 07:26 PM Wrote:Granted !  :lol:  You are now a flea !!  :lol:

I wish MinionMan hadn't hacked into my computer and pretended to be me for the past 6 weeks !  ( :P  inside joke  :P )
[right][snapback]78774[/snapback][/right]

Granted. It was Al Queada, and now you are in a small, dark, dirty room with a bright light shining into your face.

I wish they made a 3 dollar bill with Richard Nixon's face on it.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-06-2005

Minionman,May 27 2005, 11:07 PM Wrote:Granted. It was Al Queada, and now you are in a small, dark, dirty room with a bright light shining into your face.

I wish they made a 3 dollar bill with Richard Nixon's face on it.
[right][snapback]78782[/snapback][/right]
Granted. Unfortunately, "THEY" are Mogadishan counterfeiters. Even if the U.S. Treasury actually printed such a bill, the ones you have look like they were generated by the risograph (which is a fast and cheesy kind of copier). As soon as you try to buy something with a handful of them, the clerk says "Could you hold on just a second?" and calls 911. The Secret Service will be here in three minutes.

I wish my brother wouldn't use my towel.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 06-06-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 6 2005, 07:38 AM Wrote:I wish my brother wouldn't use my towel.
[right][snapback]79828[/snapback][/right]

You're towel has now been rendered free from use by your brother. On the other hand, your brother has decided to drip-dry every morning following his regular shower. Specifically, he's decided that in order to prevent damage to the floors, and prevent from soaking all carpets within range, standing in the shower stall until dry is now his preferred method. He's made a sign for the bathroom door: "Sorry for the inconvenience, drying in progress."

I wish my wife would dry her feet as she gets out of the shower, rather than leaving wet footprints into the bedroom.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-06-2005

Jeunemaitre,Jun 6 2005, 08:51 AM Wrote:You're towel has now been rendered free from use by your brother.  On the other hand, your brother has decided to drip-dry every morning following his regular shower.  Specifically, he's decided that in order to prevent damage to the floors, and prevent from soaking all carpets within range, standing in the shower stall until dry is now his preferred method.  He's made a sign for the bathroom door:  "Sorry for the inconvenience, drying in progress."

I wish my wife would dry her feet as she gets out of the shower, rather than leaving wet footprints into the bedroom.
[right][snapback]79829[/snapback][/right]
In all honesty, that's his preferred method, especially if I'm in a hurry and he got to the shower first. Then he uses my towel to mop up the floor.

Granted. She dries her feet by rubbing them in sand. Since it doesn't work completely, she tracks sand into your bedroom, and into your bed. No matter how often you wash the sheets, you'll never get all the sand out of them. You end up sleeping on the couch. Your wife, offended, files for divorce and is granted the house and full custody of all children and frozen embryos, along with alimony payments amounting to 60% of your paycheck.

Oh, I wish...

I wish I had never dated the Antichrist.