The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - TaMeOlta - 06-08-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 7 2005, 11:59 AM Wrote:The Oracle registration system is of the Devil.  I wish we could go back to BannerWeb.
[right][snapback]79969[/snapback][/right]

Granted ! Now Bruce Banner gets all your spam :blink: .... which makes him angry .... :ph34r:

I wish I could be Professor X for a day ..... :whistling:

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 06-09-2005

TaMeOlta,Jun 8 2005, 04:42 PM Wrote:Granted ! Now Bruce Banner gets all your spam  :blink: .... which makes him angry ....  :ph34r:
I wish I could be Professor X for a day .....  :whistling:
[right][snapback]79995[/snapback][/right]

Granted. James Bond thinks your an evil villian, and you have to waste some rope and a chair to tie him up and throw him out the window while he waits for you to explain your plan.

I wish I could run a lot faster.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-09-2005

Granted. You can run like a cheetah. But only for about thirty seconds at a time, after which you need to eat a full meal. If you try to run like that for five straight minutes, you'll either die of lactic acid poisoning or starve to death. Rumors of steroid abuse surround you at the Olympic trials, and the reporters just won't leave you alone, even after you drop out to get away from them. You eventually commit suicide just so they'll LEAVE YOU ALONE! but your death, funeral, and the reading of your will all become one big media frenzy.

I wish my ex-boyfriend the Antichrist would quit stalking me.

NOTE: BannerWeb is not an e-mail system, it was the system used to handle the class registration process, and the means by which you could find, add, drop, and pay for classes right in the comfort of your own home. It was clear, coherent, and easy to use. Oracle is not. Oracle is diabolical.

The Corrupted Wish Game - TaMeOlta - 06-09-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 9 2005, 08:13 AM Wrote:I wish my ex-boyfriend the Antichrist would quit stalking me.

NOTE:  BannerWeb is not an e-mail system, it was the system used to handle the class registration process, and the means by which you could find, add, drop, and pay for classes right in the comfort of your own home.  It was clear, coherent, and easy to use.  Oracle is not.  Oracle is diabolical.
[right][snapback]80031[/snapback][/right]

Granted !! : Now everybody else stalks you !! ( :w00t: )

I wish everyone in the world would laugh all at once , at the same time :lol: .... I wonder what that would sound like .... :whistling:

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 06-09-2005

Sorry for out of order post, but:

Lady Vashj,Jun 7 2005, 10:59 AM Wrote:Ummm...I'm not employed.  I'm in school, so ain't NOBODY gonna fire my @$$.  I only have ten minutes between classes to eat lunch.  And they're both lab classes, so I can't eat in class.  Your corruption has not affected my life any.  But I would so like to go out and enjoy the nice Michigan summer.
[right][snapback]79969[/snapback][/right]

I debated about whether I should go with the work or school option. I though I remembered you saying something about summer classes in one of your previous posts. Oh well. Your new wish curruption is as follows:

Your schedule has been altered, and your lunch break has been extended to 30 minutes. However, you're classes still meet on time. You're the only one with permission to show up late. Your classmates become enraged after just two weeks of classes, and decide to take matters into their own hands. The replace your materials for each class with faulty ones in the 20 minutes before you arrive. Each week you end up with incorrect observations and proceed to fail each week's lab until the end of the semester. You could take the opportunity to step outside and enjoy the beauty of the Michigan summer, but you'll probably end up spending the second summer session retaking that lab. Sorry...

No wish for this re-write. I'll pick the chain up at the end...

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 06-09-2005

TaMeOlta,Jun 9 2005, 05:15 AM Wrote:I wish everyone in the world would laugh all at once , at the same time  :lol:  .... I wonder what that would sound like ....  :whistling:
[right][snapback]80035[/snapback][/right]

The laughter is brought on by everybody in the world belching and then farting all at once.

I wish for a moderate pay raise at work.

jahcs,Jun 9 2005, 10:20 AM Wrote:The laughter is brought on by everybody in the world belching and then farting all at once.

I wish for a moderate pay raise at work.
[right][snapback]80047[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You are now working 100 hours a week for a 20% pay raise.

I wish I had invented something important.

Granted. But you got skinned in production and marketing, and nobody ever really found a good use for it until after your patent ran out. Therefore, everyone uses your invention, nobody realizes that you invented it, and you're not making a bloody dime off it.

I wish Concert Choir ran through the summer. I miss singing.

Lady Vashj,Jun 9 2005, 12:26 PM Wrote:Granted.  But you got skinned in production and marketing, and nobody ever really found a good use for it until after your patent ran out.  Therefore, everyone uses your invention, nobody realizes that you invented it, and you're not making a bloody dime off it.

I wish Concert Choir ran through the summer.  I miss singing.
[right][snapback]80065[/snapback][/right]

Concert choir gets cancelled, but gives you free tickets to a karaoke bar, where you loose all your money on beer.

Minionman,Jun 9 2005, 02:47 PM Wrote:Concert choir gets cancelled, but gives you free tickets to a karaoke bar, where you loose all your money on beer.
[right][snapback]80073[/snapback][/right]
That didn't even kind of grant my wish. Concert choir currently IS cancelled. I wanted it UNCANCELLED. And you didn't make a wish of your own.

*sticks Ishtar into VCR - they haven't put it out on DVD that I've seen*

*gets a big long cable*

*connects VCR to BIG BIG screen TV in screening room*

*checks sound system, making sure it's connected*

*turns TV on*

*encloses TV controls in lockbox*

*locks Minionman in screening room, taking remote with her*

*returns to VCR and hits PLAY*

Lady Vashj,Jun 9 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:That didn't even kind of grant my wish.  Concert choir currently IS cancelled.  I wanted it UNCANCELLED.  And you didn't make a wish of your own.

*sticks Ishtar into VCR - they haven't put it out on DVD that I've seen*

*gets a big long cable*

*connects VCR to BIG BIG screen TV in screening room*

*checks sound system, making sure it's connected*

*turns TV on*

*encloses TV controls in lockbox*

*locks Minionman in screening room, taking remote with her*

*returns to VCR and hits PLAY*
[right][snapback]80084[/snapback][/right]

granted. ( :) ) I escape from the screening room, call the cops, and you go to jail for a little. I run away laughing and screeming. Concert Choir is still cancelled, and the jail doesn't even allow singing, thus de granting both parts of your wish, the singing and concert choir.

I wish water tasted better.

The Corrupted Wish Game - TaMeOlta - 06-09-2005

Minionman,Jun 9 2005, 05:10 PM Wrote:I wish water tasted better.
[right][snapback]80091[/snapback][/right]

Granted !! :lol: You are now a goldfish ! Guess what else is inside the tank with you ? :w00t: Woooot ! Electric eels !!!! :lol:

I wish I could see your facial expression when you read that .... :whistling:

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 06-09-2005

TaMeOlta,Jun 9 2005, 02:01 PM Wrote:Granted !!  :lol:  You are now a goldfish ! Guess what else is inside the tank with you ?  :w00t:  Woooot ! Electric eels !!!!  :lol:

I wish I could see your facial expression when you read that ....  :whistling:
[right][snapback]80096[/snapback][/right]

Granted, you are now the cat that sees Minionman's fishy face just as he's teleported into the fishtank. You now have the urge to reach your paw in and play with the electric eels...

I wish my wife could understand I can't get off work at my usual time, run 3 errands that she insists of me, and be home at my normal time.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 06-10-2005

jahcs,Jun 9 2005, 05:32 PM Wrote:Granted, you are now the cat that sees Minionman's fishy face just as he's teleported into the fishtank.  You now have the urge to reach your paw in and play with the electric eels...

I wish my wife could understand I can't get off work at my usual time, run 3 errands that she insists of me, and be home at my normal time.
[right][snapback]80105[/snapback][/right]

She now understands, and when in a bad mood will ask you to do 6 errands, and be home an hour early.

I wish Iwas the electric eel instead of the goldfish in the tank.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-10-2005

Minionman,Jun 10 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:She now understands, and when in a bad mood will ask you to do 6 errands, and be home an hour early.

I wish  Iwas the electric eel instead of the goldfish in the tank.
[right][snapback]80118[/snapback][/right]
Granted. But the tank is dry. You have four minutes to live. Happy shocking.

I wish Minionman would understand the difference between corrupting a wish and simply not granting it.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jarulf - 06-10-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 10 2005, 01:13 PM Wrote:Granted.  But the tank is dry.  You have four minutes to live.  Happy shocking.

I wish Minionman would understand the difference between corrupting a wish and simply not granting it.
[right][snapback]80137[/snapback][/right]

Granted, but now he finds the whole thing boring and won't participate more so you have to do it on your own.

I wish I understood the point of this thread...

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 06-10-2005

Jarulf,Jun 10 2005, 08:03 AM Wrote:I wish I understood the point of this thread...
[right][snapback]80141[/snapback][/right]

Understanding is now yours. Knowledge fills your mind, but you realize the utter lack of importance of this thread. With your newfound understanding coursing through your synapses, you become disillusioned with all internet message boards, and realize that there is no point. You now must search for a new pastime that will bring meaning to your life, unlike the bickering and meaningless discussion found on this and other message boards. Good luck to you, and happy trails. You will be missed. *waves*

I wish that I could skip work today, just to go home and take a nap.

Jeunemaitre,Jun 10 2005, 07:19 AM Wrote:Understanding is now yours.  Knowledge fills your mind, but you realize the utter lack of importance of this thread.  With your newfound understanding coursing through your synapses, you become disillusioned with all internet message boards, and realize that there is no point.  You now must search for a new pastime that will bring meaning to your life, unlike the bickering and meaningless discussion found on this and other message boards.  Good luck to you, and happy trails.  You will be missed. *waves*

I wish that I could skip work today, just to go home and take a nap.
[right][snapback]80142[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You are now allowed to skip work, and come in Saturday and Sunday to make it up. You have to come in both days.

I wish being upside down felt the same way as right side up.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Gurnsey - 06-10-2005

Minionman,Jun 10 2005, 05:50 AM Wrote:Granted.  You are now allowed to skip work, and come in Saturday and Sunday to make it up.  You have to come in both days.

I wish being upside down felt the same way as right side up.
[right][snapback]80143[/snapback][/right]
Granted. The law of gravity has been nullified - upside down and rightside up now feel the same - free fall. However, the Earth goes spinning off into interstellar space, all suns explode without gravity to hold them together, and everything in the universe is destroyed. Smooth move :P

I wish my Slinky didn't have a kink in it.

Gurnsey,Jun 10 2005, 10:34 AM Wrote:Granted.  The law of gravity has been nullified - upside down and rightside up now feel the same - free fall.  However, the Earth goes spinning off into interstellar space, all suns explode without gravity to hold them together, and everything in the universe is destroyed.  Smooth move :P

I wish my Slinky didn't have a kink in it.
[right][snapback]80149[/snapback][/right]

Granted. It has been straitened out by the slinky factory for $100, which is more than a new slinky would have costed.

I wish could handle heat better without handling cold or medium temperatures worse.