The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-14-2005

Granted. But in order to win without actually playing, you need to fix the game. Not only did you steal your ticket (at gunpoint, no less), you carefully arranged for your numbers to come up. The truth comes out just in time for the airport security guards to stop you from getting on your flight to Bermuda. You're going to be spending an awfully long time in jail, pondering the exact cash value of this time. Your winnings have been split among all the losers, who get about the price of their ticket back.

I have Volvox on my pants. I wish I didn't have Volvox on my pants. If you don't know what Volvox is, I heartily suggest you Google it before you answer.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Gurnsey - 06-14-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 14 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:Granted.  But in order to win without actually playing, you need to fix the game.  Not only did you steal your ticket (at gunpoint, no less), you carefully arranged for your numbers to come up.  The truth comes out just in time for the airport security guards to stop you from getting on your flight to Bermuda.  You're going to be spending an awfully long time in jail, pondering the exact cash value of this time.  Your winnings have been split among all the losers, who get about the price of their ticket back.

I have Volvox on my pants.  I wish I didn't have Volvox on my pants.  If you don't know what Volvox is, I heartily suggest you Google it before you answer.
[right][snapback]80600[/snapback][/right]
Granted. The Volvox spontaneusly mutates...into Kudzu [yes, I know, it's a plant and not a bacteria. Stick with me here]. You are consumed by the growing green mass.

I wish I had some music to listen to here at work today.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 06-15-2005

Gurnsey,Jun 14 2005, 02:41 PM Wrote:Granted.  The Volvox spontaneusly mutates...into Kudzu [yes, I know, it's a plant and not a bacteria.  Stick with me here].  You are consumed by the growing green mass.

I wish I had some music to listen to here at work today.
[right][snapback]80602[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Would you prefer loud rhythmic screeching metal, loud rhythmic whines, or loud rhythmic saw noises?

I wish I had a third kidney with all the necessary blood vessels, etc.

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 06-15-2005

Minionman,Jun 14 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:Granted.  Would you prefer loud rhythmic screeching metal, loud rhythmic whines, or loud rhythmic saw noises?
I wish I had a third kidney with all the necessary blood vessels, etc.
[right][snapback]80629[/snapback][/right]

Granted, unfortunately it's growing out of your forehead.

I wish my drive home is more enjoyable than usual tonight.

jahcs,Jun 14 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:Granted, unfortunately it's growing out of your forehead.

I wish my drive home is more enjoyable than usual tonight.
[right][snapback]80631[/snapback][/right]

granted. You r friend takes you home in a limo with a TV and some air conditioning. He than sends you the bill.

I wish Play-do could burn.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-15-2005

Minionman,Jun 14 2005, 09:04 PM Wrote:granted.  You r friend takes you home in a limo with a TV and some air conditioning.  He than sends you the bill.

I wish Play-do could burn.
[right][snapback]80639[/snapback][/right]
Granted. It can also think, move, and see. One day, all the Play-Do in the world decides to come after you. Once you're buried under a deep mound of goo, it ignites. Bye-bye.

I wish I had time to eat breakfast before I leave for school.

NOTE: Volvox isn't a bacterium. It isn't a plant either, but it's less like a bacteria than a plant. It's a colonial green alga.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Gurnsey - 06-15-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 15 2005, 04:59 AM Wrote:Granted.  It can also think, move, and see.  One day, all the Play-Do in the world decides to come after you.  Once you're buried under a deep mound of goo, it ignites.  Bye-bye.

I wish I had time to eat breakfast before I leave for school.

NOTE:  Volvox isn't a bacterium.  It isn't a plant either, but it's less like a bacteria than a plant.  It's a colonial green alga.
[right][snapback]80697[/snapback][/right]

Colonial Green Alga...sounds like a great band name to me (hey, it beats some real band names for weirdness, like Steel Pole Bathtub)!

Granted. You have time to eat breakfast; however, all you have to eat is Healthy Sticks™, which tastes about as good as it sounds :wacko:

I wish they would replace all of the motivational posters around here.

The Corrupted Wish Game - TaMeOlta - 06-15-2005

Gurnsey,Jun 15 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:Colonial Green Alga...sounds like a great band name to me (hey, it beats some real band names for weirdness, like Steel Pole Bathtub)!

Granted.  You have time to eat breakfast; however, all you have to eat is Healthy Sticks™, which tastes about as good as it sounds  :wacko:

I wish they would replace all of the motivational posters around here.
[right][snapback]80729[/snapback][/right]

:D Granted ! Now nobody feels like doing anything anymore ...

I wish I felt more motivated .... :whistling:

TaMeOlta,Jun 15 2005, 12:57 PM Wrote::D Granted ! Now nobody feels like doing anything anymore ...

I wish I felt more motivated ....  :whistling:
[right][snapback]80735[/snapback][/right]

granted. After taking some drugs, you feel motivated to run around naked for a few hours.

I wish I could have a hydralisk for a pet.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-15-2005

Minionman,Jun 15 2005, 03:10 PM Wrote:granted.  After taking some drugs, you feel motivated to run around naked for a few hours. 

I wish I could have a hydralisk for a pet.
[right][snapback]80741[/snapback][/right]
Granted. Then you reconsider. Unfortunately, you reconsider too late to stop the hydralisk...

I wish I had my own transportation.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Gurnsey - 06-15-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 15 2005, 12:57 PM Wrote:Granted.  Then you reconsider.  Unfortunately, you reconsider too late to stop the hydralisk...

I wish I had my own transportation.
[right][snapback]80759[/snapback][/right]
Granted. You are magically transformed into a living car (think Knight Rider). Unfortunately, it's a 1984 K-car with duct-tape-and-plastic-sheeting windows, 3 'donut' spare tires and cigarette burns.

I wish that it won't rain this weekend so I can go sailing.

Gurnsey,Jun 15 2005, 03:20 PM Wrote:Granted.  You are magically transformed into a living car (think Knight Rider).  Unfortunately, it's a 1984 K-car with duct-tape-and-plastic-sheeting windows, 3 'donut' spare tires and cigarette burns.

I wish that it won't rain this weekend so I can go sailing.
[right][snapback]80764[/snapback][/right]

Granted. It doesn't rain and you go sailing. Unfortunately, the sun corroded parts of your sailboat so it starts leaking in the middle of the ocean. Have fun out there. :whistling:

I wish my apartment was bigger.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Occhidiangela - 06-15-2005

Minionman,Jun 15 2005, 03:32 PM Wrote:Granted.  It doesn't rain and you go sailing.  Unfortunately, the sun corroded parts of your sailboat so it starts leaking in the middle of the ocean.  Have fun out there.  :whistling:
I wish my apartment was bigger.
[right][snapback]80766[/snapback][/right]

It is bigger. Your rent just doubled.

I wish my feet would not stink after shoes being on them all day.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Swiss Mercenary - 06-15-2005

Granted. You promptly lose your feet in a tragic automitve accident.

I wish I knew who killed JFK.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Occhidiangela - 06-15-2005

Swiss Mercenary,Jun 15 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:Granted. You promptly lose your feet in a tragic automitve accident.

I wish I knew who killed JFK.
[right][snapback]80768[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You know who killed JFK, but as soon as you try to tell someone else, your teeth fall out of your mouth and your fingers go too numb to type.

I wish popcorn would not stick in my teeth.

Occhidiangela,Jun 15 2005, 04:08 PM Wrote:Granted.  You know who killed JFK, but as soon as you try to tell someone else, your teeth fall out of your mouth and your fingers go too numb to type.

I wish popcorn would not stick in my teeth.
[right][snapback]80769[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You buy new dentflon ™ (dent for dental, flon for teflon) and spray it on your teeth. Now nothing sticks. Fumes from the spray give you cancer.

I wish I could see infrared rays as well as visible.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-16-2005

Granted. It's too much for your eyes to handle. Your brain is not equipped to deal with input on so many different wavelengths. You can't see anything clearly.

I wish I never had to prepare another wet-mount slide again. Ever.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 06-16-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 16 2005, 07:03 AM Wrote:Granted.  It's too much for your eyes to handle.  Your brain is not equipped to deal with input on so many different wavelengths.  You can't see anything clearly.

I wish I never had to prepare another wet-mount slide again.  Ever.
[right][snapback]80805[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You are able to trade your wet mount slide responsibilities for the job of working with ammonia, pure acids, and organic solvents. This is without a fume hood, gloves, goggles, any other protection, at 3 in the morning as you get real sleepy.

I wish birds could fly.

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 06-16-2005

Minionman,Jun 16 2005, 06:20 AM Wrote:Granted.  You are able to trade your wet mount slide responsibilities for the job of working with ammonia, pure acids, and organic solvents.  This is without a fume hood, gloves, goggles, any other protection, at 3 in the morning as you get real sleepy.

I wish birds could fly.
[right][snapback]80813[/snapback][/right]

They already can... For insulting them they now fly over your house, your car, your picnic... with great frequency where they leave "deposits" for your enjoyment.

I wish my neck would stop hurting.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Doc - 06-16-2005

Wet mount slide?

We did something like that in the seventies. It involved hot oil and a twister pad.

Er, sorry back to your wishing.