The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 06-29-2005

Lady Vashj,Jun 29 2005, 02:50 PM Wrote:Hey, that sounds cool!

Granted.  This game self-destructs due to the lack of loopholes, because without loopholes, how could we corrupt wishes while still granting them?  Everybody hates you now.

I wish Mahjong Garden To Go (it's a game) did not have a critical bug that caused the computer to restart and wipe out the hard drive whenever you get three and a half minutes into level 3.  Good thing these are network computers.  Do not play Mahjong Garden To Go, published by Gamehouse.com.
[right][snapback]82007[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Poof, the gug's gone. so are the computers.

I wish more people were in this thread.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 06-30-2005

Minionman,Jun 29 2005, 07:15 PM Wrote:I wish more people were in this thread.
[right][snapback]82032[/snapback][/right]

Granted, the entire roster of registered lounge members have descended upon this little game. Each one attempts to answer the last wish in the chain, spawning hundreds of separate branches: wishes abound, as do poorly thought out corruptions. The cycle repeats as each new wish is answered by more than 20 members, branching the chain even further. The combined number of posts explodes the number of pages in the thread, and the thread goes from the largest one on the lounge server, to the largest one on the internet. Having all these people "up in hea'" has made the chain impossible to follow, and impossible to keep up with. Oh, and someone keeps trying to turn it into a discussion of Egyptian politics, while another faction is more concerned with the price of fish in Malaysian markets. Speaking of which, did you know...

I wish the workshop I attended last night would have been more helpful (it was on building proficiency and confidence in public speaking).

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 06-30-2005

Jeunemaitre,Jun 30 2005, 04:50 AM Wrote:Granted, the entire roster of registered lounge members have descended upon this little game.  Each one attempts to answer the last wish in the chain, spawning hundreds of separate branches: wishes abound, as do poorly thought out corruptions.  The cycle repeats as each new wish is answered by more than 20 members, branching the chain even further.  The combined number of posts explodes the number of pages in the thread, and the thread goes from the largest one on the lounge server, to the largest one on the internet.  Having all these people "up in hea'" has made the chain impossible to follow, and impossible to keep up with.  Oh, and someone keeps trying to turn it into a discussion of Egyptian politics, while another faction is more concerned with the price of fish in Malaysian markets.  Speaking of which, did you know...

I wish the workshop I attended last night would have been more helpful (it was on building proficiency and confidence in public speaking).
[right][snapback]82062[/snapback][/right]

granted. It was switched to a Diablo 2 new player workshop, and explained the game very well to newer people.

I wish I was flame resistant.

The Corrupted Wish Game - gekko - 06-30-2005

Minionman,Jun 30 2005, 10:33 AM Wrote:granted.  It was switched to a Diablo 2 new player workshop, and explained the game very well to newer people.

I wish I was flame resistant.
[right][snapback]82068[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Unfortunately, your newfound resistance to flames has made you something of a curiosity piece, and everyone wants to light you on fire. You are now discovering the difference between flame proof and flame resistance.

I wish that chocolate ice cream contained 100% of the suggested daily intake of all vitamins, while retaining its excellent taste.

gekko

gekko,Jun 30 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:Granted.  Unfortunately, your newfound resistance to flames has made you something of a curiosity piece, and everyone wants to light you on fire.  You are now discovering the difference between flame proof and flame resistance.

I wish that chocolate ice cream contained 100% of the suggested daily intake of all vitamins, while retaining its excellent taste.

gekko
[right][snapback]82069[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Now, when you eat any other food to get the minerals and protein you need, the extra vitamins make you sick.

I wish my dad's wife would stop making as much "healty" food.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 06-30-2005

Minionman,Jun 30 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:Granted.  Now, when you eat any other food to get the minerals and protein you need, the extra vitamins make you sick.

I wish my dad's wife would stop making as much "healty" food.
[right][snapback]82084[/snapback][/right]
Granted. Now all she makes is thick, icky, fatty bacon. Served cold.

I wish my laboratory sessions were shorter.

Lady Vashj,Jun 30 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:Granted.  Now all she makes is thick, icky, fatty bacon.  Served cold.

I wish my laboratory sessions were shorter.
[right][snapback]82092[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You now have 5 minutes to do a lab that would take 30 minutes.

I wish I had worked harder in my calculus classes.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 07-01-2005

Minionman,Jun 30 2005, 04:20 PM Wrote:I wish I had worked harder in my calculus classes.
[right][snapback]82099[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Through the magic of WishR-TR (TM; which stands for Wish Related Temporal Re-alignment) you are able to increase your effort output in your calculus classes. However, your effort has not improved your understanding of integration; nor has it improved your grasp on functions, limits, or any other mathematics. To add a quotation that belongs in another thread: "You tried as hard as you could and failed. What have you learned? Don't try."

I wish I didn't already have three weddings to attend next year.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 07-01-2005

edit: darn double post. c'mon server, don't be that guy

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-01-2005

Jeunemaitre,Jul 1 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:Granted.  Through the magic of WishR-TR (TM; which stands for Wish Related Temporal Re-alignment) you are able to increase your effort output in your calculus classes.  However, your effort has not improved your understanding of integration; nor has it improved your grasp on functions, limits, or any other mathematics.  To add a quotation that belongs in another thread: "You tried as hard as you could and failed.  What have you learned?  Don't try."

I wish I didn't already have three weddings to attend next year.
[right][snapback]82169[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Instead of telling you early so you could plan for it, they wait until the last minute. You think you have no weddings to go to this year, but now have to scramble.

I wish I had better people skills.

(Irony about the calculus is that after I took the classes I went back and learned a lot of the things I missed in the classes, so your granted wish is fine by me.)

The Corrupted Wish Game - Occhidiangela - 07-03-2005

Minionman,Jul 1 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:I wish I had better people skills.
[right][snapback]82198[/snapback][/right]
Granted. Your gaming skillz now suck.

I wish my eye brows would slow their rate of new hair growth.

Occhi

In the TMI department, about once per month my daughter uses needle nose pliers to help the unibrow beast back in its cage. :blink:

The Corrupted Wish Game - Taem - 07-03-2005

Occhidiangela,Jul 2 2005, 05:13 PM Wrote:Granted.  Your gaming skillz now suck.

I wish my eye brows would slow their rate of new hair growth.

Occhi
In the TMI department, about once per month my daughter uses needle nose pliers to help the unibrow beast back in its cage.  :blink:
[right][snapback]82317[/snapback][/right]

Granted! However the hair deceleration package© had an unfortunate side-effect of creating a giant bald-spot on the center of your scalp! Now you cannot walk down the street without shouts of "BALD! BALLLLD!!!!", but you do get nice compliments about your shaply eye-brows :P .

I wish I had more time to play video games.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-03-2005

MEAT,Jul 2 2005, 07:55 PM Wrote:Granted!  However the hair deceleration package© had an unfortunate side-effect of creating a giant bald-spot on the center of your scalp! Now you cannot walk down the street without shouts of "BALD!  BALLLLD!!!!", but you do get nice compliments about your shaply eye-brows  :P .

I wish I had more time to play video games.
[right][snapback]82320[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You are now 5 years old again and have all the time in the world. However, you don't know how to play the games.

I wish pizza tasted better,

The Corrupted Wish Game - Premezilla - 07-04-2005

Minionman,Jul 2 2005, 05:21 PM Wrote:Granted.  You are now 5 years old again and have all the time in the world.  However, you don't know how to play the games.

I wish pizza tasted better,
[right][snapback]82321[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations, pizza is now the most tastiest food in the world. However, you start consuming so much of it that you cannot move, and the local pizza hut has constructed an exhibit showcasing their new mascot.

I wish I had a higher GPA

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-04-2005

Premezilla,Jul 3 2005, 10:12 PM Wrote:Congratulations, pizza is now the most tastiest food in the world.  However, you start consuming so much of it that you cannot move, and the local pizza hut has constructed an exhibit showcasing their new mascot. 

I wish I had a higher GPA
[right][snapback]82361[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You have taken easier classes than you were with the lower GPA,. Colleges or job people(dependingon what GPA this is) are less impressed.

I wish there hadn't been so many schedule conflicts when I was signing up for classes.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Taem - 07-04-2005

Minionman,Jul 4 2005, 09:00 AM Wrote:Granted.  You have taken easier classes than you were with the lower GPA,.  Colleges or job people(dependingon what GPA this is) are less impressed.

I wish there hadn't been so many schedule conflicts when I was signing up for classes.
[right][snapback]82390[/snapback][/right]

GRANTED! When you applied for classes, everything you wanted was already filled leaving only classes you would of never normally taken in 100-years, however you had absoulty NO scheduling conflicts.

I wish I won the lottery and bought the rights to Diablo 3 so I could design it in my image (more like D1, IMO).

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-05-2005

MEAT,Jul 4 2005, 04:24 PM Wrote:GRANTED!  When you applied for classes, everything you wanted was already filled leaving only classes you would of never normally taken in 100-years, however you had absoulty NO scheduling conflicts.

I wish I won the lottery and bought the rights to Diablo 3 so I could design it in my image (more like D1, IMO).
[right][snapback]82406[/snapback][/right]

Granted. I, wanting a the game to be less like what I heard D1 was like, get angry, come over to your house, give you a big noogie, throw up on you, than go back to playing guild wars. I than design a civilization type game and get rich, and we become friends again.

I wish I didn't have to place out of multivariable calculus, since I've already done a class on it.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Grul - 07-07-2005

Quote:I wish I didn't have to place out of multivariable calculus, since I've already done a class on it.
Granted. You don't have to take it. However, all your other grades were lost in a database error and you basically have to go to school all over again.

I wish someone would mow my lawn.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Occhidiangela - 07-07-2005

Grul,Jul 6 2005, 06:57 PM Wrote:I wish someone would mow my lawn.
[right][snapback]82652[/snapback][/right]

An Illegal Salvadoran immigrant mows your lawn and awaits payment. Sadly, he can't read English and ignores the Beware of the Dog sign on your neighbor's gate where he goes to look for a second job. He is attacked and killed, and you are held culpable for hiring an illegal alien to do your yardwork.

I wish I had NVG's.

Occhi

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 07-07-2005

Occhidiangela,Jul 6 2005, 06:49 PM Wrote:An Illegal Salvadoran immigrant mows your lawn and awaits payment.  Sadly, he can't read English and ignores the Beware of the Dog sign on your neighbor's gate where he goes to look for a second job.  He is attacked and killed, and you are held culpable for hiring an illegal alien to do your yardwork.

I wish I had NVG's.

Occhi
[right][snapback]82660[/snapback][/right]

You are accidentaly sent a shipment of AN/PVS-5 NVG's which are due for decommision and destruction. The 16 pallet loads of goggles have filled up your front yard, living room, and garage. Most of the sets are inoperative and none of them have the special batteries required for operation. The Department of Homeland Security and the ATF are sending negotiators and several strike teams to attempt to remove you from your "compound" for "questioning." Several media crews are also enroute.

I wish I could think of a corruptable wish but all I hope is that the U.K. authorities catch the Bastards responsible for the bombing.