The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 07-14-2005

Granted. Your house is now situated approximately four miles above the ground. So if you could figure out how to get up there, you would indeed be living on air. However, the air you would be living on is too thin to breathe. Bring oxygen.

I wish these computers were working up to potential. Currently they work at one fifth to one tenth of potential.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-14-2005

Lady Vashj,Jul 14 2005, 06:51 AM Wrote:Granted.  Your house is now situated approximately four miles above the ground.  So if you could figure out how to get up there, you would indeed be living on air.  However, the air you would be living on is too thin to breathe.  Bring oxygen.

I wish these computers were working up to potential.  Currently they work at one fifth to one tenth of potential.
[right][snapback]83431[/snapback][/right]

Granted. The computers are now 1/5 or 1/10 less powerful, but doing the same work as before.

I wish I could see through walls.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 07-15-2005

Minionman,Jul 14 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:Granted.  The computers are now 1/5 or 1/10 less powerful, but doing the same work as before.

I wish I could see through walls.
[right][snapback]83448[/snapback][/right]
Granted. You can see through walls to the insulation and wiring contained therein. Fascinating, innit?

I wish it would either rain or stop threatening to. This is getting annoying.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 07-15-2005

Lady Vashj,Jul 15 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:I wish it would either rain or stop threatening to.  This is getting annoying.
[right][snapback]83542[/snapback][/right]

"It" has chosen to rain: nothing torrential; in fact, nothing substantial. Just the kind of rain that blows in at you, and leaves you confused about whether it's raining or it's just roadspray. "It" also decides to go back to threatening. I mean really, if you only had two postures, wouldn't you want to use both of them?

I wish I knew what was going on before the last minute.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-15-2005

Jeunemaitre,Jul 15 2005, 08:28 AM Wrote:"It" has chosen to rain: nothing torrential; in fact, nothing substantial.  Just the kind of rain that blows in at you, and leaves you confused about whether it's raining or it's just roadspray.  "It" also decides to go back to threatening.  I mean really, if you only had two postures, wouldn't you want to use both of them?

I wish I knew what was going on before the last minute.
[right][snapback]83545[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You know about things happening before the last minute in the Indian Ocean.

I wish I could mind meld with computers, control them with thoughts, and not have them control me back.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Bob - 07-17-2005

Minionman,Jul 15 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:I wish I could mind meld with computers, control them with thoughts, and not have them control me back.
[right][snapback]83565[/snapback][/right]
granted. Unfortunately the technology inductry has been working so hard developing this feature that the only thing to computers can now do is churn out endless, unsolvable, su doku puzzles. Attempting to do them at the rate that they appear causes your head to explode.

I wish we had a break in this hot weather, it's getting me down now

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-17-2005

Bob,Jul 17 2005, 09:24 AM Wrote:granted. Unfortunately the technology inductry has been working so hard developing this feature that the only thing to computers can now do is churn out endless, unsolvable, su doku puzzles. Attempting to do them at the rate that they appear causes your head to explode.

I wish we had a break in this hot weather, it's getting me down now
[right][snapback]83643[/snapback][/right]

Granted, your area is now flooded, forcing you to evacuate to a cooler area.

I wish I could teleport places.

Minionman,Jul 17 2005, 04:26 PM Wrote:Granted, your area is now flooded, forcing you to evacuate to a cooler area.

I wish I could teleport places.
[right][snapback]83646[/snapback][/right]
granted. You just teleported to my, now-underwater, house. You drown.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 07-17-2005

And your wish?

Bah.

I wish Bob had made a wish so I could respond with a snarky corruption of his wish coming true.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-17-2005

NiteFox,Jul 17 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:And your wish?

Bah.

I wish Bob had made a wish so I could respond with a snarky corruption of his wish coming true.
[right][snapback]83648[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Bob wished for you to be kept up for 5 days straight while being poked by hot needles. Any corrpution of that wish will still cause you pain.

I wish there were more movies out I wantted to see.

The Corrupted Wish Game - TaiDaishar - 07-17-2005

Minionman,Jul 17 2005, 10:41 PM Wrote:Granted.  Bob wished for you to be kept up for 5 days straight while being poked by hot needles.  Any corrpution of that wish will still cause you pain.

I wish there were more movies out I wantted to see.
[right][snapback]83649[/snapback][/right]

Granted. A series of mind boggling movies with spectacular effects and enticing plots have been released. Unfortuneatly, the price of such quality is well noticed and a movie ticket now require a small mortage or the pawning of your car.

I wish Alliance players would have some functioning brains!

TaiDaishar,Jul 17 2005, 08:57 PM Wrote:I wish Alliance players would have some functioning brains!
[right][snapback]83650[/snapback][/right]

granted. Unfortunately their brains function to develop evil plans, such as hanging you from your toenails until you die.

I wish I had some functioning brains so I wouldn't forget to add a wish.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-18-2005

Bob,Jul 17 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:granted. Unfortunately their brains function to develop evil plans, such as hanging you from your toenails until you die.

I wish I had some functioning brains so I wouldn't forget to add a wish.
[right][snapback]83653[/snapback][/right]

Granted. However, now that it's on record that your brain was not functioning before, all your work and school accomplishments are called into question and looked at, and you have to do it all over again.

I wish I could move things through telekinesis.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Rhydderch Hael - 07-18-2005

Minionman,Jul 17 2005, 04:20 PM Wrote:Granted.  However, now that it's on record that your brain was not functioning before, all your work and school accomplishments are called into question and looked at, and you have to do it all over again.

I wish I could move things through telekinesis.
[right][snapback]83657[/snapback][/right]
Granted. You have just been hired as a heavy-haul laborer for Snippy Sid's Moving Emporium in grand ol' Telekinesis, Arkansas.

I wish I had a pet hippopotamus..

Rhydderch Hael,Jul 17 2005, 07:09 PM Wrote:Granted. You have just been hired as a heavy-haul laborer for Snippy Sid's Moving Emporium in grand ol' Telekinesis, Arkansas.

I wish I had a pet hippopotamus..
[right][snapback]83658[/snapback][/right]

granted. You forgot to wish for space for this hippo, food for this hippo, and other supplies for this hippo. You now have a hippopotamus in your house that's very hungry.

I wish to see the sight of the previous wish.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Griselda - 07-18-2005

Minionman,Jul 17 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:I wish to see the sight of the previous wish.
[right][snapback]83660[/snapback][/right]

Click this link to see the sight of a house hippo.

I wish for a shrubbery.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 07-18-2005

Griselda,Jul 17 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:Click this link to see the sight of a house hippo.
[right][snapback]83663[/snapback][/right]
:blush: ... :lol: Absolutely hilarious. I'd hate to see what my cat did to such a creature, but oh, isn't he cute...
Griselda,Jul 17 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:I wish for a shrubbery.
[right][snapback]83663[/snapback][/right]
Great news, your bid for the bank of shrubbery in the median of rt. 123 as you proceed south from Tysons Corner into Vienna, VA is now yours. The town government has been looking for a way to boost revenue, and shrubbery naming rights turns out to be the way to go. Bad news is, along with the naming rights comes responsibility for the upkeep. Oh, and you also get to fight with the Fairfax County public works department who keep coming along and tearing things out claiming that they were beginning to cross the line from city to county jurisdiction.

By the way, would you like a second one next to it, only slightly higher and with a little path running through the middle? [a path, a little path] Or should I just chop down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring?

I wish my wife a happy birthday (today).

Jeunemaitre,Jul 18 2005, 07:28 AM Wrote::blush: ... :lol: Absolutely hilarious.  I'd hate to see what my cat did to such a creature, but oh, isn't he cute...

Great news, your bid for the bank of shrubbery in the median of rt. 123 as you proceed south from Tysons Corner into Vienna, VA is now yours.  The town government has been looking for a way to boost revenue, and shrubbery naming rights turns out to be the way to go.  Bad news is, along with the naming rights comes responsibility for the upkeep.  Oh, and you also get to fight with the Fairfax County public works department who keep coming along and tearing things out claiming that they were beginning to cross the line from city to county jurisdiction.

By the way, would you like a second one next to it, only slightly higher and with a little path running through the middle? [a path, a little path] Or should I just chop down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring?

I wish my wife a happy birthday (today).
[right][snapback]83684[/snapback][/right]

granted. She is happy, but gets mad at you for just putting up a wish instead of actually doing some work.

I wish I always knewthe best thing to do in every situation.

Agree on house hippo video.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Bob - 07-19-2005

Minionman,Jul 18 2005, 05:42 PM Wrote:I wish I always knewthe best thing to do in every situation.
[right][snapback]83704[/snapback][/right]
granted. However you also get a contrary streak and make sure to do the exact opposite.

I wish I had more dough

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 07-19-2005

Bob,Jul 19 2005, 07:29 AM Wrote:granted. However you also get a contrary streak and make sure to do the exact opposite.

I wish I had more dough
[right][snapback]83784[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Open your refrigerator and you'll see an extra plastic container of bread dough sitting there.

I wish I could turn things into other things.