The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 08-05-2005

jahcs,Aug 5 2005, 07:24 AM Wrote:You've been provided all the neccesary plugins for Linux to become a juggernaut of web browsing power.  They are stored on 5 1/4" floppies...

I wish my 7 hour layover in this North Carolina Airport was quite a bit shorter.  I'm finally on my way home. :angry:  Ah well, this USO does have internet access! :wub:
[right][snapback]85244[/snapback][/right]

granted. You are sent on another flight to a third layover airport, and have to run from one side to the other to get to the flight home.

(speaking of airplane transfers, Last week to get to Seattle from Chicago we ended up first flying ot St. Louis, than going ot Seattle. There was probably a schedule reason for this, even though flights from Seattle to St. Louis and Chicago are about the same distance. Also makes me wonder how many people would fly from Chicago to St. Louis and back besides transfer reasons. I don't think it's that long of a drive.)

I wish flying on airplanes didn't make me so dizzy.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 08-05-2005

Minionman,Aug 5 2005, 10:52 AM Wrote:I wish flying on airplanes didn't make me so dizzy.
[right][snapback]85249[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Rather than having a dizzying effect on you, flying makes you break out in spots. The first time you try to fly internationally, you are turned away from entering your destination because they fear the potential for your condition to become an epidemic of proportions not witnessed since the Black Death. Also, your country of origin will not grant you re-entry: now that they're rid of you, they're not even thinking of dealing with your s_ _ _ any longer. You know find yourself in a predicament similar to that of Tom Hanks: you are remanded to the terminal of the airport you arrived in, however, no one there is as welcoming as Tom found his captors to be. Instead you are kept in chains, in a room with no windows and ritualistically beaten every 14 hours. You eventually come to believe that the day is 28 hours long and you must awaken in time for your "morning" beating and remain awake until after your "bedtime" beating. I bet you wish you could just take your dizziness back now, don't ya'!

I wish that my coworkers were not condescending when informed that I will not be attending "happy hour" events due to previous plans. It's not my fault that I have other commitments...

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 08-05-2005

Jeunemaitre,Aug 5 2005, 11:33 AM Wrote:Granted.  Rather than having a dizzying effect on you, flying makes you break out in spots.  The first time you try to fly internationally, you are turned away from entering your destination because they fear the potential for your condition to become an epidemic of proportions not witnessed since the Black Death.  Also, your country of origin will not grant you re-entry: now that they're rid of you, they're not even thinking of dealing with your s_ _ _ any longer.  You know find yourself in a predicament similar to that of Tom Hanks: you are remanded to the terminal of the airport you arrived in, however, no one there is as welcoming as Tom found his captors to be.  Instead you are kept in chains, in a room with no windows and ritualistically beaten every 14 hours.  You eventually come to believe that the day is 28 hours long and you must awaken in time for your "morning" beating and remain awake until after your "bedtime" beating.  I bet you wish you could just take your dizziness back now, don't ya'!

I wish that my coworkers were not condescending when informed that I will not be attending "happy hour" events due to previous plans.  It's not my fault that I have other commitments...
[right][snapback]85284[/snapback][/right]

Granted. They just fire you for "diffuculty working with fellow personnel", or"difficult=y fitting into work environment at oofice".\

I wish I wasn't so sweaty right now.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 08-28-2005

Granted. You are not sweating right now. That's because heatstroke has already set in.

I wish we could pick and choose what cable channels we received, instead of having to buy whole 60-channel packages that contain 10 channels you want and 50 you flip right on through.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 08-28-2005

Lady Vashj,Aug 27 2005, 06:33 PM Wrote:Granted.  You are not sweating right now.  That's because heatstroke has already set in.

I wish we could pick and choose what cable channels we received, instead of having to buy whole 60-channel packages that contain 10 channels you want and 50 you flip right on through.
[right][snapback]87396[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You get to choose, but it becomes so expensive you have to share with a compulsive channel surfer who won't let you watch more than a few minutes of a show in a row. they get 60 channels, which is the same you would have gotten if you just did things regularily.

(speaking of which, my roomate does some very wierd channel switches. It'll be in the middle of a show or movie, and the roomate will look around 2 or 3 channels, than start watching the middle of a different show. That show will stay on for a big block of time, than the same thing happens. It doesn't switch during commercial breaks, or during particular story points in shows, it does seem like random switches. I don't think the T.V. has ever been on the same thing all the way through, even after a week of it being in here.)

I wish people would get carpal tunnel from channel surfing.

The Corrupted Wish Game - --Pete - 08-28-2005

Hi,

Occhidiangela,Apr 26 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:I wish whirled peas were a globally popular menu item.
[right][snapback]75286[/snapback][/right]
Granted. But they are only served mixed with okra. Slimy boiled okra :)

I wish I had a memory, but I can't remember why. ;)

--Pete

The Corrupted Wish Game - --Pete - 08-28-2005

Hi,

Occhidiangela,Apr 26 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:I wish whirled peas were a globally popular menu item.
[right][snapback]75286[/snapback][/right]
Granted. But they are only served mixed with okra. Slimy boiled okra :)

I wish I had a memory, but I can't remember why. ;)

--Pete

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 08-28-2005

Pete, not only did you fail to grant the wish about remotes and carpal tunnel syndrome, you also double-posted and didn't apologize for it. BOO! BOOO! BOOOO!

Granted. Flipping through five channels in less than five minutes shall be construed as "channel surfing". In order to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome, you are forced to watch every channel you pass by for at least one minute. After three weeks, you will have been infomercialed to death.

I wish my TV clock wasn't so screwy. At midnight, it sets itself ahead by an hour and fifteen minutes, so if you set the wake-up timer to 7:00 AM and turn the TV off at 9:00 PM, the TV will turn itself on and wake you up at 5:45 AM.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 08-28-2005

Lady Vashj,Aug 28 2005, 07:48 AM Wrote:Pete, not only did you fail to grant the wish about remotes and carpal tunnel syndrome, you also double-posted and didn't apologize for it.  BOO!  BOOO!  BOOOO!

Granted.  Flipping through five channels in less than five minutes shall be construed as "channel surfing".  In order to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome, you are forced to watch every channel you pass by for at least one minute.  After three weeks, you will have been infomercialed to death.

I wish my TV clock wasn't so screwy.  At midnight, it sets itself ahead by an hour and fifteen minutes, so if you set the wake-up timer to 7:00 AM and turn the TV off at 9:00 PM, the TV will turn itself on and wake you up at 5:45 AM.
[right][snapback]87436[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Just as you get used to setting the clock, it goes back to normal. Over the next few days you miss several important appointments by 1 hour 15 minutes.

I am laughing at you as I don't channel surf. I look up a show beforehand and watch it all the way through, so will use the number keys to pick a channel, and go straight there.

I wish cell phones weren't so confusing to use.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Occhidiangela - 08-28-2005

Minionman,Aug 28 2005, 08:19 AM Wrote:I wish cell phones weren't so confusing to use.
[right][snapback]87439[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Cell phones are now less confusing to use, and the AMA confirms, Monday, that cell phone use does indeed cause earlobe cancer.

Occhi

The Corrupted Wish Game - Taem - 08-29-2005

Occhidiangela,Aug 28 2005, 07:57 AM Wrote:Granted.  Cell phones are now less confusing to use, and the AMA confirms, Monday, that cell phone use does indeed cause earlobe cancer.

Occhi
[right][snapback]87442[/snapback][/right]

You forgot to make a wish! I wish Occhi' had made a wish so I could've said something lame to laugh at him :P .

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 08-29-2005

MEAT,Aug 28 2005, 11:27 PM Wrote:You forgot to make a wish! I wish Occhi' had made a wish so I could've said something lame to laugh at him  :P .
[right][snapback]87472[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Now everyone on the Lounge knows you passed up the chance to have something dire happen to Occhi for not making a wish. You are set to /ignore by other Lurkers.

I wish Lady Vashi had seen the irony of Pete's granting the wrong wish, his own wish, and the double post.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 08-29-2005

jahcs,Aug 29 2005, 09:08 AM Wrote:Granted.  Now everyone on the Lounge knows you passed up the chance to have something dire happen to Occhi for not making a wish.  You are set to /ignore by other Lurkers.

I wish Lady Vashi had seen the irony of Pete's granting the wrong wish, his own wish, and the double post.
[right][snapback]87484[/snapback][/right]

Granted. vash is extremely mad at you for moticing it before her, and nukes your city, the city where the lounge is hosted in, and Amsterdam for good measure as well.

I wish lady Vash would turn into a Naga.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 08-30-2005

Minionman,Aug 28 2005, 10:19 AM Wrote:Granted. Just as you get used to setting the clock, it goes back to normal.  Over the next few days you miss several important appointments by 1 hour 15 minutes.
My God, it came true. I didn't miss any appointments (I'm a light sleeper, see, and the daylight in my window wakes me up) but I did end up waking substantially later than I wanted and having to scramble to compensate.

Granted. Thanks. This is cool. I like being a naga. For making that wish, I'm going to take you to New Orleans with me. The climate there is just about ideal right now.

I wish I had my DVD player remote. It gets frustrating not being able to do anything but "Play", "Stop", "Open tray", and "Power". I can't even pause the stupid thing.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 08-30-2005

Lady Vashj,Aug 30 2005, 06:39 AM Wrote:My God, it came true.  I didn't miss any appointments (I'm a light sleeper, see, and the daylight in my window wakes me up) but I did end up waking substantially later than I wanted and having to scramble to compensate.

Granted.  Thanks.  This is cool.  I like being a naga.  For making that wish, I'm going to take you to New Orleans with me.  The climate there is just about ideal right now.

I wish I had my DVD player remote.  It gets frustrating not being able to do anything but "Play", "Stop", "Open tray", and "Power".  I can't even pause the stupid thing.
[right][snapback]87599[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Now, though, you've gotten so used to only having the T.V. remote that you try and channel surf with the DVD one. The constant switching wears down the player, and you have to get a new one.

I wish I had more recent news from New Orleans.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 08-31-2005

Granted. You're there. Now you understand why some people are comparing downtown New Orleans to downtown Baghdad. It's ugly.

I wish the Rec Center was closer. I don't mind the half-mile walk each way so much as I do the fact that I only have fifteen minutes after class to shower, dress, and walk said half-mile before my next class.

The Corrupted Wish Game - pakman - 08-31-2005

Lady Vashj,Aug 31 2005, 07:39 AM Wrote:Granted.  You're there.  Now you understand why some people are comparing downtown New Orleans to downtown Baghdad.  It's ugly.

I wish the Rec Center was closer.  I don't mind the half-mile walk each way so much as I do the fact that I only have fifteen minutes after class to shower, dress, and walk said half-mile before my next class.
[right][snapback]87746[/snapback][/right]

The RSC is now closer, but now instead of 15 minutes to shower, dress, etc, you only have 2 minutes.

I wish my Materials professor didn't use power point for lecturing.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 08-31-2005

Granted. He just talks now. Mumbles, actually.

I wish my French textbook had been available at the campus bookstore. I never want to cross State Street again.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 08-31-2005

pakman,Aug 31 2005, 06:43 AM Wrote:The RSC is now closer, but now instead of 15 minutes to shower, dress, etc, you only have 2 minutes.

I wish my Materials professor didn't use power point for lecturing.
[right][snapback]87750[/snapback][/right]

Granted. He just brings in a tape recorder and plays a tape.

I wish I didn't have so much stuff to keep track of.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Walkiry - 08-31-2005

Lady Vashj,Aug 31 2005, 01:46 PM Wrote:I wish my French textbook had been available at the campus bookstore.  I never want to cross State Street again.
[right][snapback]87752[/snapback][/right]

Granted! Your textbook disappears and reappears at the campus bookstore, for the sweet sweet price of 5,000$.

I wish I could speak German already, instead of this crappy mishy-mashy mix I do now.