The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 08-31-2005

Walkiry,Aug 31 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:Granted! Your textbook disappears and reappears at the campus bookstore, for the sweet sweet price of 5,000$.

I wish I could speak German already, instead of this crappy mishy-mashy mix I do now.
[right][snapback]87812[/snapback][/right]

Granted. For every english word you know, you now know a new german word. Same goes for grammar rules, idioms, etc. However, for everything new you learn in german, you forget a random word in english.

I wish I could tell what chemicals are in whatever I'm looking at.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-01-2005

Granted. You'll never drink Pepsi again. Or anything else. Including tap water.

I wish the cafeteria had a better selection. Pizza ain't so great after five meals of nothing but.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-01-2005

Lady Vashj,Aug 31 2005, 07:32 PM Wrote:Granted.  You'll never drink Pepsi again.  Or anything else.  Including tap water.

I wish the cafeteria had a better selection.  Pizza ain't so great after five meals of nothing but.
[right][snapback]87856[/snapback][/right]

Granted. It now offers five choices: sand, mud, clay, dust, gracel.

I wish I had a 5 foot pet venus flytrap.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Occhidiangela - 09-01-2005

Minionman,Aug 31 2005, 07:48 PM Wrote:Granted.  It now offers five choices: sand, mud, clay, dust, gracel.

I wish I had a 5 foot pet venus flytrap.
[right][snapback]87860[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You can't find five shoes to match its five feet, so its self esteem suffers due to being a standing fashion emergency.

I wish I could dunk a basketball in a regulation, 10' basketball goal.

Occhi

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-01-2005

Granted. The first time you do, you land on your foot funny and break your leg in five places. Prepare for a long and unpleasant rehab.

I wish Long John Silver's was on this side of State Street. I'm suffering from a seafood deficiency.

Lady Vashj,Sep 1 2005, 06:27 AM Wrote:Granted.  The first time you do, you land on your foot funny and break your leg in five places.  Prepare for a long and unpleasant rehab.

I wish Long John Silver's was on this side of State Street.  I'm suffering from a seafood deficiency.
[right][snapback]87891[/snapback][/right]

Granted. It is now on your side of state street Chicago, in Chicago. Good luck finding it.

I wish I could fly.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 09-01-2005

Minionman,Sep 1 2005, 12:50 PM Wrote:I wish I could fly.
[right][snapback]87899[/snapback][/right]
Granted. You can now fly in exactly one direction.

Straight down.

I wish I had a shiny new graphics card to replace this emergency GeForce FX 5200 I had to buy.

NiteFox,Sep 1 2005, 10:09 AM Wrote:Granted.  You can now fly in exactly one direction.

Straight down.

I wish I had a shiny new graphics card to replace this emergency GeForce FX 5200 I had to buy.
[right][snapback]87918[/snapback][/right]

HEY! I would go sideways and such also, from wind, running starts, and such.

On to your wish:

You get a shiny new laminated cardboard 3 x 5 notecard describing different things yor computer can do related to graphics. You are meant to imagine these things, spending time that would normally have been used on your now graphics-cardless computer.

I wish I lived in an area less prone to natural disasters. (The area I live in is probably nealry as low as you can get, but let's try a little farther.)

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-02-2005

Granted. You live in Antarctica, which is pretty much free from hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, etc. Not a bad place, if you can get around the climate.

I wish my room was about a foot bigger on each dimension.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-02-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 1 2005, 07:23 PM Wrote:Granted.  You live in Antarctica, which is pretty much free from hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, etc.  Not a bad place, if you can get around the climate.

I wish my room was about a foot bigger on each dimension.
[right][snapback]87972[/snapback][/right]

No problem. The room is 1 foot longer, wider, talle,r last the equivalent of a foot longer in time, as well as any other dimensions that might exist. By expanding these extra dimensions, your room has diferent observable physics laws, which makes it unlivable, and the college doesn't give you anything for having your room studied by physicists.

edit: I wish to see some naked young females outside my wondow tomorrow.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 09-02-2005

Minionman,Sep 1 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:No problem.  The room is 1 foot longer, wider, talle,r last the equivalent of a foot longer in time, as well as any other dimensions that might exist.  By expanding these extra dimensions, your room has diferent observable physics laws, which makes it unlivable, and the college doesn't give you anything for having your room studied by physicists.

edit:  I wish to see some naked young females outside my wondow tomorrow.
[right][snapback]87974[/snapback][/right]

I've got good news for you Minionman, if you look out the window tomorrow morning at about 8:30 I'll be standing there with an open trenchcoat. Oh, wait, you wanted females?!? :unsure: Well, lets try that again...

I've got good news for you Minionman, if you look out the window tomorrow morning at about 8:30, you'll be please to see a trio of very young, very naked, very female...

[wait for it, wait for it]

crows. They'll be perched along the railing just off to the right. See it there? I'd get a good look while they're there, and maybe a picture: this sort of thing doesn't happen everyday.

I wish that everything didn't happen at the same time: that the saying "it doesn't rain, it pours" was not as accurate as it now seems.

edit: reformatted for emphasis

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-02-2005

Granted. Disasters do not all pile up at the same time. The next one will hit as soon as you seem totally recovered from the current one.

I wish that bowl of noodles hadn't tasted so much like @$$.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Walkiry - 09-02-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 2 2005, 01:27 PM Wrote:Granted.  Disasters do not all pile up at the same time.  The next one will hit as soon as you seem totally recovered from the current one.

I wish that bowl of noodles hadn't tasted so much like @$$.
[right][snapback]88020[/snapback][/right]

Granted! Asses everywhere now taste like chicken.

I wish I could find a new, better job.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-02-2005

Walkiry,Sep 2 2005, 08:43 AM Wrote:Granted! Asses everywhere now taste like chicken.

I wish I could find a new, better job.
[right][snapback]88030[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You now get the job of nuclear rocket controller, whish is a very new job both for you and in history, with great benifits, pay, etc. However, due to the fact that the job is so new, you have no idea what to do and get fired right away.

I wish those crows would explode in a cool looking way.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lucky Barbarian - 09-03-2005

Minionman,Sep 2 2005, 10:44 PM Wrote:I wish those crows would explode in a cool looking way.

Granted. They explode in a very cool way when nobody's around. Later you find a huge, smoking crater in the place where your place of living used to be.

I wish that "place of living" didn't sound so strange in that sentence...

~Lucky

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-03-2005

Lucky Barbarian,Sep 3 2005, 02:50 PM Wrote:Granted. They explode in a very cool way when nobody's around. Later you find a huge, smoking crater in the place where your place of living used to be.

I wish that "place of living" didn't sound so strange in that sentence...

~Lucky
[right][snapback]88163[/snapback][/right]

granted. It blends into the sentenct so well that I didn't understand what the corruption of the wish was. Also, you had to stay up a week to getit that good, and go insane from lack of sleep.

I wish my roommate didn't have the T.V. on all the time.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-06-2005

Granted. He's found something better to do than watch TV. Now he's getting drunk and bringing hookups back every night. You end up spending a lot of time in the (hall) lounge, watching TV.

I wish this computer operated faster.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-06-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 5 2005, 07:13 PM Wrote:Granted.  He's found something better to do than watch TV.  Now he's getting drunk and bringing hookups back every night.  You end up spending a lot of time in the (hall) lounge, watching TV.

I wish this computer operated faster.
[right][snapback]88338[/snapback][/right]

Granted. It can now remove an appendix in under seconds.

I wish being able to say all 50 states without looking them up counted for something. (I have them memorized a couple of ways, by 2000 population and by reading them off a map in my head.)

The Corrupted Wish Game - --Pete - 09-06-2005

Minionman,Sep 5 2005, 06:59 PM Wrote:Granted.  It can now remove an appendix in under seconds. 
I wish being able to say all 50 states without looking them up counted for something.  (I have them memorized a couple of ways, by 2000 population and by reading them off a map in my head.)
[right][snapback]88340[/snapback][/right]
Granted. That ability got you in as a contestant to a high payoff game show. Unfortunately, all the real, for money, questions are from Chinese history and '50s soaps.

I wish there were more hours in the day so I could get at least one thing done.

--Pete

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-06-2005

Granted. Your silly wish has screwed up Earth's rotation and doomed us all to an icy death as the atmosphere froze.

I wish I had my glasses.