The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-06-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 5 2005, 08:49 PM Wrote:Granted.  Your silly wish has screwed up Earth's rotation and doomed us all to an icy death as the atmosphere froze.

I wish I had my glasses.
[right][snapback]88343[/snapback][/right]

Granted. In order to avoid loosing them again, you lock them up in a safe with a 10 number combination, where they slowly collect dust and turn useless.

I wish I could manage my time better.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 09-06-2005

Minionman,Sep 6 2005, 03:22 AM Wrote:I wish I could manage my time better.
[right][snapback]88344[/snapback][/right]
Granted. You have now managed a degree of procrastination so simple and brilliant that you could write a book about it that would outsell Harry Potter, The Bible, and Stephen Hawkins combined. If you weren't so lazy.

I wish my handwriting was better.

NiteFox,Sep 6 2005, 04:35 AM Wrote:Granted.  You have now managed a degree of procrastination so simple and brilliant that you could write a book about it that would outsell Harry Potter, The Bible, and Stephen Hawkins combined.  If you weren't so lazy.

I wish my handwriting was better.
[right][snapback]88354[/snapback][/right]

Grantec. Now other people notice how many spelling goofs you make.

I wish I had super strong bones.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-06-2005

Granted. But you now have a serious blood-calcium deficiency and have super-weak muscles.

I wish I was allowed to use the entire suite, since my suitemate hasn't shown up and probably never will by now.

Lady Vashj,Sep 6 2005, 06:37 AM Wrote:Granted.  But you now have a serious blood-calcium deficiency and have super-weak muscles.

I wish I was allowed to use the entire suite, since my suitemate hasn't shown up and probably never will by now.
[right][snapback]88361[/snapback][/right]

granted. You feel kind of dumb for not realizing this, but when no one's looking, you can use the entire thing. We all laugh at you, and toss you out of the lounge.

I wish people wouldn't chew with their mouths open.

Granted. But they now pick their noses and eat them while at dinner. At least they chew with their mouths shut.

I wish this keyboard worked better.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 09-06-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 6 2005, 03:50 PM Wrote:I wish this keyboard worked better.
[right][snapback]88385[/snapback][/right]
Granted. The X, I and E keys work beyond perfection, however the rest of the keyboard is borked.

I wish that tomorrow is a guaranteed good weather day, so I can help my grandfather paint whatever the hell he wants painted.

NiteFox,Sep 6 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:Granted.  The X, I and E keys work beyond perfection, however the rest of the keyboard is borked.

I wish that tomorrow is a guaranteed good weather day, so I can help my grandfather paint whatever the hell he wants painted.
[right][snapback]88416[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Because I am choosing the weather, it will be cloudy, rainy, and in the 50s to 60s fahrenheit. I like days like that.

I wish I could actually control weather.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 09-06-2005

Minionman,Sep 6 2005, 02:27 PM Wrote:Granted.  Because I am choosing the weather, it will be cloudy, rainy, and in the 50s to 60s fahrenheit.  I like days like that.

I wish I could actually control weather.
[right][snapback]88423[/snapback][/right]

To borrow from Douglas Adams; though you don't realize it, you are a rain god. Over the rest of your life, you will discover and document more than 200 distinct types of rain, and catalogue them according to a numbering system. Your mere presence will bring about one of these types, and your movements will be followed by a constant rainstorm of 5 mile radius. Now the bad news: you cannot consciously influence the type of rain you are experiencing, and you also cannot influence the durration of each type (how long until the type changes into another type). People start to catch on that it seems to rain when you're around and you are shunned. Even your family has decided to avoid inviting you to any function to avoid what others find to be poor weather. Despite your enjoyment of the rain, you become increasingly alone as you frolic among the continuous gloom that surrounds you, until you start accumulating a flock of emo teen-agers, who simply wish to sit next to you and sulk while the rain falls on their heads.
All hail Minionman, lesser god of rain!!! Praise Minionman, lord of emo teens everywhere!!!

I wish that I knew how to break some interesting news to my folks.

edit: a bit of clarification

Jeunemaitre,Sep 6 2005, 12:58 PM Wrote:To borrow from Douglas Adams; though you don't realize it, you are a rain god.  Over the rest of your life, you will discover and document more than 200 distinct types of rain, and catalogue them according to a numbering system.  Your mere presence will bring about one of these types, and your movements will be followed by a constant rainstorm of 5 mile radius.  Now the bad news: you cannot consciously influence the type of rain you are experiencing, and you also cannot influence the durration of each type (how long until the type changes into another type).  People start to catch on that it seems to rain when you're around and you are shunned.  Even your family has decided to avoid inviting you to any function to avoid what others find to be poor weather.  Despite your enjoyment of the rain, you become increasingly alone as you frolic among the continuous gloom that surrounds you, until you start accumulating a flock of emo teen-agers, who simply wish to sit next to you and sulk while the rain falls on their heads. 
All hail Minionman, lesser god of rain!!!  Praise Minionman, lord of emo teens everywhere!!!

I wish that I knew how to break some interesting news to my folks.

edit: a bit of clarification
[right][snapback]88429[/snapback][/right]

granted. You've always had the ablity to describe in detail the new guild wars updates (insert other game here if guild wars doesn't apply).

I wish I could use the assasin skill fade.

The Corrupted Wish Game - q4m - 09-06-2005

Occhidiangela,Apr 26 2005, 12:36 PM Wrote:I wish whirled peas were a globally popular menu item.

*poof* Whirled Peas are a globally popular menu item. They are, in fact, so popular that the mobs looting, rioting, and pillaging (remnants of the world peace wish) will now accept nothing BUT whirled peas to appease their appetites. Soon, the world supply of whirled peas dries up. The masses look for someone to lynch for their magical love of whirled peas and your name was leaked as the culprit :P

I wish for an IPod.

The Corrupted Wish Game - q4m - 09-06-2005

Minionman,Sep 6 2005, 02:33 PM Wrote:I wish I could use the assasin skill fade.
[right][snapback]88440[/snapback][/right]

Done. You can't un-fade and learn that being faded excludes you from any human contact.

I wish for an IPod

Granted. Your iPod is a cardboard model from a trade show. And it is lovely.

I wish nobody would ever mention whirled peas on this thread again.

Lady Vashj,Sep 6 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:Granted.  Your iPod is a cardboard model from a trade show.  And it is lovely.

I wish nobody would ever mention whirled peas on this thread again.
[right][snapback]88451[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Move the s to the front from the back, and you now have to worry about a single swirled pea.

I wish I cold give very good speeches.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-07-2005

Minionman,Sep 6 2005, 09:48 AM Wrote:granted.  You feel kind of dumb for not realizing this, but when no one's looking, you can use the entire thing.  We all laugh at you, and toss you out of the lounge.
Would have been better to have her show up the next day. She did.

Granted. You can give absolutely brilliant speeches on whether or not Gerald Ford was actually a space alien from the Lesser Magellanic Cloud. If you were arguing that he was an alien, people might listen to you just for novelty, but, alas, you are arguing that he wasn't. No one is about to disagree with you, but then again, no one really cares.

I wish I could paint my walls a nice light aqua blue.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lucky Barbarian - 09-07-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 7 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:I wish I could paint my walls a nice light aqua blue.

Granted. The only blue color you like happens to be strong acid and now you don't have walls anymore. At least you still have your roof over your head.

I wish you could buy exploding crows in RPGs.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 09-07-2005

Lucky Barbarian,Sep 7 2005, 06:52 PM Wrote:I wish you could buy exploding crows in RPGs.
[right][snapback]88522[/snapback][/right]
"Gedran tries to disguise himself as a tree and makes crow noises."

Umm... That was just a delaying tactic ("And a damned good one at that.") while I try to think of a caveat I can slap... On... Ahah.

Granted, you can now buy exploding crows in RPGs, however storing them in your Inventory o' Infinity proves to be quite problematic. They explode, shattering the fragile glass bottles that contains your vital healing potions, damaging armour and weapons, and coating your quest items in half-melted feathers. You try to present these items to the relevant NPCs, but they refuse them. You can now no longer complete that bloody FedEx quest that takes 90% of the game time to complete for an uber weapon that would have been useful for that 90%.

Caw.

Anyhoo, I wish that I could afford a full 15K set of armour for my class in Guild Wars. I needs me shineys, dammit.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-07-2005

NiteFox,Sep 7 2005, 02:19 PM Wrote:"Gedran tries to disguise himself as a tree and makes crow noises."

Umm... That was just a delaying tactic ("And a damned good one at that.") while I try to think of a caveat I can slap... On... Ahah.

Granted, you can now buy exploding crows in RPGs, however storing them in your Inventory o' Infinity proves to be quite problematic.  They explode, shattering the fragile glass bottles that contains your vital healing potions, damaging armour and weapons, and coating your quest items in half-melted feathers.  You try to present these items to the relevant NPCs, but they refuse them.  You can now no longer complete that bloody FedEx quest that takes 90% of the game time to complete for an uber weapon that would have been useful for that 90%.

Caw.

Anyhoo, I wish that I could afford a full 15K set of armour for my class in Guild Wars.  I needs me shineys, dammit.
[right][snapback]88534[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You sell your soul to the devil for 75000 guild wars gold pieces.

I wish I could buy someone's soul.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 09-07-2005

Minionman,Sep 7 2005, 08:54 PM Wrote:I wish I could buy someone's soul.
[right][snapback]88540[/snapback][/right]
Perhaps Satan will return part of mine to sell it to you, I still need the crafting materials, dammit.

And the dyes. Orange, if you would be so kind.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-07-2005

Nitefox, did you grant/corrupt his wish?

Even if you did, you don't seem to have made one of your own. I hereby sentence you to stand on your head for three days in a high-traffic public place singing...hmmm...let's see....Lets go with "My Sharona". That oughta burn a hole in your head.

I wish I had another string of fishy lights.

EDIT: This is post #600 on this thread. Goodness.