The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-07-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 7 2005, 05:45 PM Wrote:Nitefox, did you grant/corrupt his wish?

Even if you did, you don't seem to have made one of your own.  I hereby sentence you to stand on your head for three days in a high-traffic public place singing...hmmm...let's see....Lets go with "My Sharona".  That oughta burn a hole in your head.

I wish I had another string of fishy lights.
[right][snapback]88567[/snapback][/right]

Sure. Your christmas tree lights are all now coated in a permanent layer of fish oil. If you did not have christmas tree lights before, you do now.

I wish I could track of things better.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 09-08-2005

Minionman,Sep 7 2005, 11:57 PM Wrote:I wish I could track of things better.
[right][snapback]88568[/snapback][/right]
Granted. You are now a bloodhound.

I wish I could understand the mentality of people who rate Halo so highly when it's really just a poorly-scripted, unfortunately-comedic, repetative embarassment of a FPS.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-08-2005

NiteFox,Sep 8 2005, 03:18 PM Wrote:Granted.  You are now a bloodhound.

I wish I could understand the mentality of people who rate Halo so highly when it's really just a poorly-scripted, unfortunately-comedic, repetative embarassment of a FPS.
[right][snapback]88625[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You absorb the mentality, begin to play Halo, than have enormous mental stress over abandoning your principles. This inner conflict becomes unbearable, and you go insane.

I wish I could manipulate people into doing my bidding,

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-09-2005

Granted. But smart people, being a tad cynical, are unaffected by your manipulative efforts. You now have losers and idiots flocking to do your will. Eventually you involve yourself in politics and become one yourself.

I wish politicians who truly had the best interests of the city/state/nation/world at heart were the rule, not the exception.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-09-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 8 2005, 07:29 PM Wrote:Granted.  But smart people, being a tad cynical, are unaffected by your manipulative efforts.  You now have losers and idiots flocking to do your will.  Eventually you involve yourself in politics and become one yourself.

I wish politicians who truly had the best interests of the city/state/nation/world at heart were the rule, not the exception.
[right][snapback]88647[/snapback][/right]

granted. (hmm, how do I honestly corupt this?). unfortunately, they all don't like you.

I wish I could have thought of something better for that.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-09-2005

Granted. Your idea was absolutely brilliant. But it's hanging on the tips of your fingers. Eventually you lose what's left of your mind trying to define, transcribe, and explain it.

Now if I were corrupting that wish, I would have said "Granted, but they're still all idiots, so they're still screwing everything up. But now, being so certain that they're in the right, they all possess an Aura of Dubya that renders them impervious to outside criticism."

But I'm not. So I'll just leave you trying to explain your brilliant idea.

I wish pushups didn't make my arms hurt.

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 09-09-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 9 2005, 06:20 AM Wrote:Granted.  Your idea was absolutely brilliant.  But it's hanging on the tips of your fingers.  Eventually you lose what's left of your mind trying to define, transcribe, and explain it.

Now if I were corrupting that wish, I would have said "Granted, but they're still all idiots, so they're still screwing everything up.  But now, being so certain that they're in the right, they all possess an Aura of Dubya that renders them impervious to outside criticism."

But I'm not.  So I'll just leave you trying to explain your brilliant idea.

I wish pushups didn't make my arms hurt.
[right][snapback]88675[/snapback][/right]

Granted, your arms are strong enough to pop out dozens of pushups - too bad your back gives out after only 5 repetitions and you curl into a little whipering ball.

I wish the commute to my Reserve center was shorter.

jahcs,Sep 9 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:Granted, your arms are strong enough to pop out dozens of pushups - too bad your back gives out after only 5 repetitions and you curl into a little whipering ball.

I wish the commute to my Reserve center was shorter.
[right][snapback]88682[/snapback][/right]

Granted. It is now only a mile from you to the reserve center along the most gridlocked, smoggy, jammed stretch of road imaginable.

I wish it was easier to figure out my required classes for college.

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 09-09-2005

Minionman,Sep 9 2005, 12:00 PM Wrote:Granted.  It is now only a mile from you to the reserve center along the most gridlocked, smoggy, jammed stretch of road imaginable.
I wish it was easier to figure out my required classes for college.
[right][snapback]88710[/snapback][/right]

Sweet! That's way better than the 6.5 hour drive I have now. Too bad the wife will complain about the traffic near our house. ;)

You know exactly what classes you need to take. They are all full and have exorbitant lab fees.

I wish my neck didn't feel like someone was trying to twist off my head.

jahcs,Sep 9 2005, 02:40 PM Wrote:Sweet!  That's way better than the 6.5 hour drive I have now.  Too bad the wife will complain about the traffic near our house. ;)

You know exactly what classes you need to take.  They are all full and have exorbitant lab fees.

I wish my neck didn't feel like someone was trying to twist off my head.
[right][snapback]88712[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You are given anesthetics. However, someone was in fact trying to twist off your head, and succeeds.

I wish I knew a lot more of what was happening around me.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 09-10-2005

Minionman,Sep 9 2005, 10:02 PM Wrote:I wish I knew a lot more of what was happening around me.
[right][snapback]88720[/snapback][/right]
Granted. Your zanshin has been mystically developed to such a degree where you become the greatest martial artist ever to walk the world. You spend your remaining years wandering the countries of the world, fighting for the needy and the poor and the destitute for no other reason than that is your skill. Your fame grows throughout the world, you are loved by many and feared by all.

Eventually, the tales of your escapades are canned in order to make way for another reality show. Something probably involving animals too.

I wish the price of unleaded petrol in my local petrol station was cheaper than it is right now.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-10-2005

Granted. You know that little 9/10 of a cent they always add to gasoline prices? Just for you, it's now 89/100 of a cent. You get one percent of a cent off.

I wish my shower was always just the right temperature.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-10-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 10 2005, 06:41 AM Wrote:Granted.  You know that little 9/10 of a cent they always add to gasoline prices?  Just for you, it's now 89/100 of a cent.  You get one percent of a cent off.

I wish my shower was always just the right temperature.
[right][snapback]88742[/snapback][/right]

Granted. An air cooling tube is set up next to the water pipe. The air starts at a certain temperature and absorbs any heat or gives any heat to the water neede to get it right. This air is blown through a spceicla tube that ends right at neck level in the shower.

I wish to be the one to build such a system.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 09-10-2005

Minionman,Sep 10 2005, 12:49 PM Wrote:I wish to be the one to build such a system.
[right][snapback]88745[/snapback][/right]
Granted. However, someone building an identical system manages to patent it before you, thus earning all the money. Kinda like the situation with the vaccuum cleaner.

I wish people would stop assuming that I live in America. I'm Welsh dammit.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-10-2005

NiteFox,Sep 10 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:Granted.  However, someone building an identical system manages to patent it before you, thus earning all the money.  Kinda like the situation with the vaccuum cleaner.

I wish people would stop assuming that I live in America.  I'm Welsh dammit.
[right][snapback]88752[/snapback][/right]

Granted. How's life over in China?

I wish I could talk to cars, in the sense of knowing the language cars communicate in, not in the sense of just talking at a car.

The Corrupted Wish Game - jahcs - 09-11-2005

Minionman,Sep 10 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:Granted.  How's life over in China?

I wish I could talk to cars, in the sense of knowing the language cars communicate in, not in the sense of just talking at a car.
[right][snapback]88760[/snapback][/right]

Granted, you can engage in perfect conversation with cars. Unfortunately they only seem interested in telling the "Hey, Doctor, it hurts when I do this..." joke.

I wish these new boots I am wearing would break-in faster.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-11-2005

jahcs,Sep 10 2005, 10:16 PM Wrote:Granted, you can engage in perfect conversation with cars.  Unfortunately they only seem interested in telling the "Hey, Doctor, it hurts when I do this..." joke.

I wish these new boots I am wearing would break-in faster.
[right][snapback]88783[/snapback][/right]

Granted. They can pick a lock in under 1 second, open a window in under a second, or climb up through an upper story window in under 3 seconds. One day, while you are out walking, they pop off your feet, run back to your house, steal your T.V., and sell it before you can catch up.

I wish I could see infrared as well as visible light.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-12-2005

Granted. However, your brain is not equipped to handle the excess information your eyes are collecting. The end result is that all you can see is like that faint halo around the edges of the flashlight you're staring into.

I wish my laptop's battery could actually hold an electric charge and thus make the computer useful even when it's not hooked up to AC.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-12-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 11 2005, 08:29 PM Wrote:Granted.  However, your brain is not equipped to handle the excess information your eyes are collecting.  The end result is that all you can see is like that faint halo around the edges of the flashlight you're staring into.

I wish my laptop's battery could actually hold an electric charge and thus make the computer useful even when it's not hooked up to AC.
[right][snapback]88828[/snapback][/right]

granted. Just rub it on a dry carpet and it will hold charge. The computer is now useful for absorbing the static electricity. It will do this even if not hooked up to power at all.

I wish I could power a computer.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-12-2005

Minionman,Sep 11 2005, 10:46 PM Wrote:granted.  Just rub it on a dry carpet and it will hold charge.  The computer is now useful for absorbing the static electricity.  It will do this even if not hooked up to power at all.
I wish I could power a computer.
[right][snapback]88832[/snapback][/right]
Granted. The Pentagon has heard about your amazing ability and has hired you for a lot of money to power their entire network, thus freeing them from the risks of power outages and surges and saving them on their utility bills (when you're running a building that big, with that many people, the littlest expenses mean a lot). However, you can't leave your post for an instant to spend that money you're earning, or even to go to the bathroom, because if you did a major disaster would result.

I wish I had more than 15 minutes to get from one class to the next. Don't go relocating my classes on me, now; you can be more creative than that.