The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - AtomicKitKat - 09-26-2005

Minionman,Sep 27 2005, 05:27 AM Wrote:Granted.  After putting a garbage incenerator right next to it, your office is much warmer.  Sometimes smoke gets into the old air conditioning system, so be careful.

I wish I could try out all those notebooks of computer game numbers I've been writing.  (Yes, by sticking them on a computer abd playing with them.)
[right][snapback]90235[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You may now try them out. However, it's been so long since you last looked at them, you no longer know what any of them mean.(Hey, don't laugh, I often write small bits of code or other reminders of what my passwords are on various bits of paper lying around the computer room, and I once found a piece of paper written in a self-developed cypher which I no longer knew)

I wish I wasn't so lacking in ambition(cue "You are now so ambitious that you become leader of the world, and are promptly assassinated." wish-granting. :P )

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-27-2005

AtomicKitKat,Sep 26 2005, 05:49 PM Wrote:Granted. You may now try them out. However, it's been so long since you last looked at them, you no longer know what any of them mean.(Hey, don't laugh, I often write small bits of code or other reminders of what my passwords are on various bits of paper lying around the computer room, and I once found a piece of paper written in a self-developed cypher which I no longer knew)

I wish I wasn't so lacking in ambition(cue "You are now so ambitious that you become leader of the world, and are promptly assassinated." wish-granting. :P )
[right][snapback]90245[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You have lots of ambition, but the stress from that ambition makes it impossible for you to get what you were ambitious for.

I wish I had better people skills (probably a repeat wish, but the first thing in my mind.)

Speaking of forgetting what's on my notebooks, I actually did that a day after writing an idea down. I wrote down an abbreviation for some resource in a "human cell" type of simisle game, and I remember it being a really cool name, but the next day I couldn't remember what the abbreviation stood for.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 09-29-2005

Granted. However, many people don't like feeling forced to like you just because you seem like such a great guy. They react by hating you instead. While your people skills get you to the top of your chosen field, their steady sabotage means that you'll be dragged down horribly once you get there. Look at Tom DeLay.

I wish I understood enough German to translate that Warcraft III map I downloaded. I got it off a French website, so assumed that it would, in fact, be in French, which I understand...Wrong!

The Corrupted Wish Game - ima_nerd - 09-29-2005

Lady Vashj,Sep 29 2005, 12:15 PM Wrote:I wish I understood enough German to translate that Warcraft III map I downloaded.  I got it off a French website, so assumed that it would, in fact, be in French, which I understand...Wrong!
[right][snapback]90483[/snapback][/right]

You understand German perfectly because you're fluent in it. However, you're also now a soldier defending Normandy Beach on D-Day, 1944. Not much time to play WC3, I'm afraid.

I wish I had the motivation to actually post here more often.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 09-29-2005

ima_nerd,Sep 29 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:You understand German perfectly because you're fluent in it. However, you're also now a soldier defending Normandy Beach on D-Day, 1944. Not much time to play WC3, I'm afraid.

I wish I had the motivation to actually post here more often.
[right][snapback]90525[/snapback][/right]

Granted, you are given a motivation. However, due to changes in your life, you don't have the time to actually follow through on it. This held back desire slowly drives you mad.

I wish I knew what everyone here looks like.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Griselda - 09-30-2005

Minionman,Sep 29 2005, 01:13 PM Wrote:I wish I knew what everyone here looks like.
[right][snapback]90534[/snapback][/right]

You now know what everyone here looks like. Unfortunately, you realize that the computer gaming geek archetype is woefully inadequate to describe the ugliness that you now have seared into your brain. The horror!

I wish it was Friday night instead of Thursday night.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Taem - 09-30-2005

Griselda,Sep 29 2005, 09:57 PM Wrote:I wish it was Friday night instead of Thursday night.
[right][snapback]90580[/snapback][/right]

Granted, however in bypassing the events of Thursday night, you missed THAT call from some mass game company you once entered sweepstakes for and long forgot about (lets say Ed Mcmann - or whoever does that crap anymore) and because you were 'unavailable' at the moment - shooting threw time, you were dismissed of your chance to instantly recieve $10-million dollars for free!

I wish it wasn't so hot tonight so I could sleep :( .

The Corrupted Wish Game - AtomicKitKat - 09-30-2005

MEAT,Sep 30 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:Granted, however in bypassing the events of Thursday night, you missed THAT call from some mass game company you once entered sweepstakes for and long forgot about (lets say Ed Mcmann - or whoever does that crap anymore) and because you were 'unavailable' at the moment - shooting threw time, you were dismissed of your chance to instantly recieve $10-million dollars for free!

I wish it wasn't so hot tonight so I could sleep  :( .
[right][snapback]90588[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You are now freezing to death. Edit: Enjoy your eternal slumber. :w00t:
I wish cockroaches were extinct, or failing that, at least that flying cockroaches became extinct. Nature's most useless creature.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 10-01-2005

If I spoke absolutely fluent German in World War II, I'd be too valuable to land on a beach in Normandy when there were so many other grunts without that important skill. Of course, whatever more important use they found for me would probably be equally dangerous.

Granted. Now when the nuclear winter arrives, no animal survives, because cockroaches - the all-time Most Likely to Survive Global Catastrophe winners - are extinct, thanks to you. By the time plants evolve to our level of sentience, the sun has turned orange and isn't that far from going out entirely.

I wish the only on-campus eatery open on weekends was a mile or so closer to here. Either that, or the closest eatery to here was the one open on weekends.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-01-2005

Lady Vashj,Oct 1 2005, 07:21 AM Wrote:If I spoke absolutely fluent German in World War II, I'd be too valuable to land on a beach in Normandy when there were so many other grunts without that important skill.  Of course, whatever more important use they found for me would probably be equally dangerous.

Granted.  Now when the nuclear winter arrives, no animal survives, because cockroaches - the all-time Most Likely to Survive Global Catastrophe winners - are extinct, thanks to you.  By the time plants evolve to our level of sentience, the sun has turned orange and isn't that far from going out entirely.

I wish the only on-campus eatery open on weekends was a mile or so closer to here.  Either that, or the closest eatery to here was the one open on weekends.
[right][snapback]90693[/snapback][/right]

About the German: he meant that you were a German soldier defending Normandy from the Americans. In that case, speaking fluent German would be a pretty common skill.

Granted. It is now a mile closer to "here", but since "here" for me is in Illinois, the eatery has been moved around somewhere near Missouri.

I wish my roommate would stop watching every new T.V. show that seems to come on.

The Corrupted Wish Game - ima_nerd - 10-02-2005

Minionman,Oct 1 2005, 02:46 PM Wrote:I wish my roommate would stop watching every new T.V. show that seems to come on.
[right][snapback]90699[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Now all he watches is horrible Partridge Family reruns. All the time.

I wish my Calculus test was Friday, not Monday.

And yes, I was implying you were a German soldier. :)

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-02-2005

ima_nerd,Oct 2 2005, 12:20 PM Wrote:Granted. Now all he watches is horrible Partridge Family reruns. All the time.

I wish my Calculus test was Friday, not Monday.

And yes, I was implying you were a German soldier. :)
[right][snapback]90767[/snapback][/right]

Sure, it is now friday. Because you were more scrunched throughout the week for time, you have forgotten some important stuff for the test.

I wish I could focus better on homework over the weekend.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 10-05-2005

Minionman,Oct 2 2005, 02:24 PM Wrote:I wish I could focus better on homework over the weekend.
[right][snapback]90769[/snapback][/right]

Granted: your near-distance visual acquity improves over the week-end when you look at school related materials, however, when you look at other items, your vision quickly swings the other way (gain when viewing your homework=abs[loss when viewing other materials]). That should help you get some things done, just be careful when you sit down to lunch on Saturday, make sure you're eating off of your plate, and not your companion's.

I wish I knew what to do with my name.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-05-2005

Jeunemaitre,Oct 5 2005, 02:19 PM Wrote:Granted: your near-distance visual acquity improves over the week-end when you look at school related materials, however, when you look at other items, your vision quickly swings the other way (gain when viewing your homework=abs[loss when viewing other materials]).  That should help you get some things done, just be careful when you sit down to lunch on Saturday, make sure you're eating off of your plate, and not your companion's.

I wish I knew what to do with my name.
[right][snapback]91153[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You feel like an idiot when people explain that your name is for helping people know who you are, signing forms explaining who you are, and for other such jobs.

I wish I didn't have a bunch of papers due this week.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 10-07-2005

Minionman,Oct 5 2005, 05:45 PM Wrote:Granted.  You feel like an idiot when people explain that your name is for helping people know who you are, signing forms explaining who you are, and for other such jobs.
I wish I didn't have a bunch of papers due this week.
[right][snapback]91165[/snapback][/right]
Granted. (Oh, this is too easy.) You had a bunch of papers due last week. One of them you actually managed to write, and did a brilliant job on. The rest of them were plagiarized. Since teachers can Google as well as you can, they soon find out that most of your papers are not, in fact, yours. This makes them suspicious about the only one you actually did write, and they end up finding another paper online that, coincidentally, is very similar. So much for your academic career.

I wish the local bookstore had more real reading books, as opposed to textbooks.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 10-07-2005

Lady Vashj,Oct 7 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:I wish the local bookstore had more real reading books, as opposed to textbooks.
[right][snapback]91327[/snapback][/right]

Good news, the bookstore is under new management, and it has brought in a whole new lineup of reading books. Not just the classic Dick and Jane series books, nor just the EZ-Reader series, but reading skill development books from all time periods, including "An Introduction to Modern Language and its Appropriate Use in Polite Society, for Children" c. 1836. Never again will you have to go anywhere else for your reading development needs.

I wish that my wife and I could find a color we agree on for our new master bedroom.

edit: word choice

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 10-07-2005

Granted. You agree on a color that looks like an absolutely lovely shade of sage green on the chip and in the can. Not until it's dried on the wall do you realize that it's really pukey avocado.

I wish my hair (the stuff that grows from my scalp, you realize) would make me look beautiful no matter what I did with it, even if it was jack $#!7.

EDIT: Closing a scary loophole.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 10-07-2005

Lady Vashj,Oct 7 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:I wish my hair (the stuff that grows from my scalp, you realize) would make me look beautiful no matter what I did with it, even if it was jack $#!7.
[right][snapback]91334[/snapback][/right]

Beauty is in the eye of the hold-be-er (or something) my dear Naga Queen, your hair already makes you look beautiful (no matter what you do with/to it) to the one person who really matters: that guy who's job it is to mind the west side doors. Each time you walk past him, he thinks to himself "Daaamn! That hair sure does make her look fiiiiine!" regardless of your coiffed state. He's much more inclined to leave the doors in the condition you find most helpful, but he's intimidated by your folicular hawtness, and has no idea how to apprach you. You've charmed him Vashj, now what will you do with him?

I wish that my supervisors could agree on the specifications for the analysis I'm trying to program. (I'm tired of redoing the same section of code for the 5th time)

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-07-2005

Jeunemaitre,Oct 7 2005, 12:34 PM Wrote:Beauty is in the eye of the hold-be-er (or something) my dear Naga Queen, your hair already makes you look beautiful (no matter what you do with/to it) to the one person who really matters: that guy who's job it is to mind the west side doors.  Each time you walk past him, he thinks to himself "Daaamn! That hair sure does make her look fiiiiine!" regardless of your coiffed state.  He's much more inclined to leave the doors in the condition you find most helpful, but he's intimidated by your folicular hawtness, and has no idea how to apprach you.  You've charmed him Vashj, now what will you do with him?

I wish that my supervisors could agree on the specifications for the analysis I'm trying to program.  (I'm tired of redoing the same section of code for the 5th time)
[right][snapback]91352[/snapback][/right]

Granted. unfortunately, threatyening someone with a gun is a crimne in most places, and you end up in jail for awhile, followed by a psychiatric place. You are than fired from your job.

I wish I could slowly rip off the head of the p[erson who runs the lab, without getting caught.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 10-10-2005

Granted. You're not caught - for now. But one of the main requirements for the perfect murder is that the death not look like a murder. Having someone's head twisted off means it's almost definitely not a suicide, very unlikely to be an accident, and damned if it was natural causes. Besides, consider how much blood would be lost. You're soaked. There's a trail of forensic evidence a rock could follow. You are going to be caught - if the ever-present sight of the man's face before your eyes doesn't make you go mad or turn yourself in first.

And next up, in their eternal quest to be as helpful as possible, the Campus Police have declared that the side doors be locked 24/7. Die, Tony, die.

I wish I knew everything that was wrong with the Warcraft III map I've been creating, and how to fix all of it without creating any other problem I can't identify and fix.