The Lurker Lounge Forums
The Corrupted Wish Game - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Corrupted Wish Game (/thread-6501.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-15-2005

NiteFox,Oct 15 2005, 11:48 AM Wrote:Granted.  However, your enemy is playing Zerg, has liberally sprinkled detectors around his base, and you're also prevented from building a Nuclear Silo.  You can control Ghosts, but they're practically useless.

I wish I made sense most of the time.
[right][snapback]92236[/snapback][/right]

Granted. However, when you officialy make this request, you accidentally write "cents". You now earn 5 cents a day.

I wish I could turn into a book and back at will.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 10-16-2005

Granted. But when you're a book, you also have the intellectual capabilities of a book, and the mindset of a book. When you turn into a book, you can't remember how to turn into a human again, and you wouldn't want to even if you could, because who would want to be a human if they could be a book?

I wish I had a recording of that "woo-hoo, woo-hoo-hoo" song from those Vonage commercials that I could play whenever someone does anything stupid.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-16-2005

Lady Vashj,Oct 16 2005, 07:58 AM Wrote:Granted.  But when you're a book, you also have the intellectual capabilities of a book, and the mindset of a book.  When you turn into a book, you can't remember how to turn into a human again, and you wouldn't want to even if you could, because who would want to be a human if they could be a book?

I wish I had a recording of that "woo-hoo, woo-hoo-hoo" song from those Vonage commercials that I could play whenever someone does anything stupid.
[right][snapback]92293[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Having their stupid things pointed out to them, however, does not go over well with people, and they eventually form an angry mob and run you out of your house. you also go crazy from listening to that music.

(Talk about a coincidence, but when I started typing this the vonage commercial came on. I'm not kidding.)

I wish I didn't have to write these longlab reports every week.

The Corrupted Wish Game - ima_nerd - 10-16-2005

Minionman,Oct 16 2005, 02:54 PM Wrote:Granted.  Having their stupid things pointed out to them, however, does not go over well with people, and they eventually form an angry mob and run you out of your house.  you also go crazy from listening to that music.
(Talk about a coincidence, but when I started typing this the vonage commercial came on.  I'm not kidding.)

I wish I didn't have to write these longlab reports every week.
[right][snapback]92296[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You now have long lab reports due every day; even on Sundays, Christmas and Martin Luther King's birthday.

I wish my Health class wasn't so ridiculously hard.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-16-2005

ima_nerd,Oct 16 2005, 10:09 AM Wrote:Granted. You now have long lab reports due every day; even on Sundays, Christmas and Martin Luther King's birthday.

I wish my Health class wasn't so ridiculously hard.
[right][snapback]92299[/snapback][/right]

Granted, it is a very easy class to do, but everyone gets an F no matter how they do.

I wish I didn't have to do every mission in guild wars 2 or 3 times.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 10-17-2005

Minionman,Oct 16 2005, 04:28 PM Wrote:I wish I didn't have to do every mission in guild wars 2 or 3 times.
[right][snapback]92302[/snapback][/right]
Granted. You PuG every mission every time and repeat them all about ten or twenty times.

I wish I could dig up the motivation needed to and actually finish Guild Wars.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-17-2005

NiteFox,Oct 17 2005, 02:57 PM Wrote:Granted. You PuG every mission every time and repeat them all about ten or twenty times.

I wish I could dig up the motivation needed to and actually finish Guild Wars.
[right][snapback]92425[/snapback][/right]

Granted. However, to do so, you have to spend about 6 hours a day on it for the next 2 months straight.

I wish I could figure out how to make this one excel process work.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Mephista - 10-19-2005

Granted, but you know you're going to need to reinstall windows and MS office... or just ditch excel and use another program like DeltaGraph...

I wish I could study more Cell Biology...

The Corrupted Wish Game - Flymo - 10-19-2005

Mephista,Oct 19 2005, 04:20 AM Wrote:Granted, but you know you're going to need to reinstall windows and MS office... or just ditch excel and use another program like DeltaGraph...

I wish I could study more Cell Biology...
[right][snapback]92624[/snapback][/right]
A huge, translucent single-celled organism squeezes through your door and obligingly rears over you so that you can study its oversized components. You get an even better view from the inside...

I wish I could get a seat on the Tube.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-19-2005

Flymo,Oct 19 2005, 03:10 AM Wrote:A huge, translucent single-celled organism squeezes through your door and obligingly rears over you so that you can study its oversized components.  You get an even better view from the inside...

I wish I could get a seat on the Tube.
[right][snapback]92638[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You are now straddling a metal tube that's flopping around in a river about to go over Niagra falls.

I wish I could have thought of something as good as the cell one.

The Corrupted Wish Game - NiteFox - 10-24-2005

Minionman,Oct 19 2005, 09:12 PM Wrote:I wish I could have thought of something as good as the cell one.
[right][snapback]92687[/snapback][/right]
Granted, you dream up a powerful solution to any of the world's ills, as well as several ills of other worlds. You proceed to brew up a batch in your garden shed and sell it worldwide.

Unfortunately, the batch goes sour and rather than healing people it turns them into zombies. Zombies with money-back guarantees. They come directly for you, and you cower in your home with but two shells remaining in your shotgun. You hear the front barricades break, the slow shuffling of feet towards your place of no escape, and then...

I wish I always had £10 more in my wallet on top of whatever money I put into it.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-24-2005

NiteFox,Oct 24 2005, 06:57 AM Wrote:Granted, you dream up a powerful solution to any of the world's ills, as well as several ills of other worlds.  You proceed to brew up a batch in your garden shed and sell it worldwide.

Unfortunately, the batch goes sour and rather than healing people it turns them into zombies.  Zombies with money-back guarantees.  They come directly for you, and you cower in your home with but two shells remaining in your shotgun.  You hear the front barricades break, the slow shuffling of feet towards your place of no escape, and then...

I wish I always had £10 more in my wallet on top of whatever money I put into it.
[right][snapback]92986[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Thanks to a few "business" connections, you always have an extra 10 euros slipped into your wallet every day. These businesses work in a strangely similar way to U.S. movie mafias,though, and when you don't do them any favors in return, you find yourself mysteriously stuck underwater in the closest deep river.

I wish I could at least get an average grade on a lab report.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 10-24-2005

Granted. You now get nothing but average grades, not only on your lab reports, but in everything. Turns out you're not bad at anything, but you're not good at anything either. Welcome to the sad, sad oblivion of mediocrity.

I wish my precalc teacher wasn't such a narrow-minded (insert your chosen insults here).

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 10-24-2005

Lady Vashj,Oct 24 2005, 04:09 PM Wrote:Granted.  You now get nothing but average grades, not only on your lab reports, but in everything.  Turns out you're not bad at anything, but you're not good at anything either.  Welcome to the sad, sad oblivion of mediocrity.

I wish my precalc teacher wasn't such a narrow-minded (insert your chosen insults here).
[right][snapback]93028[/snapback][/right]

Granted. Instead of being a narrow minded pain in the butt, you teacher is now a narrow minded frog. Your precalc classes now have you sitting in a room listening to someone ribbet for an hour.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lady Vashj - 11-02-2005

Cool. Since you didn't make a wish of your own, you get to deal with the frog for the other 23 hours of the day.

I wish this thread was more vital.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 11-02-2005

Lady Vashj,Nov 2 2005, 08:50 AM Wrote:Cool.  Since you didn't make a wish of your own, you get to deal with the frog for the other 23 hours of the day.

I wish this thread was more vital.
[right][snapback]93897[/snapback][/right]

Granted. This thread is now vital to your health, if it goes, you go.

I wish my classes were more evenly hard, right now I have a really easy one, a pretty easy one, a couple of easy ones, and a really hard one. I wish they were more even.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Jeunemaitre - 11-07-2005

Minionman,Nov 2 2005, 06:08 PM Wrote:I wish my classes were more evenly hard, right now I have a really easy one, a pretty easy one, a couple of easy ones, and a really hard one.  I wish they were more even.
[right][snapback]93936[/snapback][/right]

I'll bite to get this thing rolling again:

Like the Kurt Vonnegut(sp?) story, because we can't make everything equally easy (beautiful), we'll make everything equally difficult (ugly). Your easy classes(of varying levels), are now just as difficult as your hardest class, but like the Vonnegut(sp?) story, they are made difficult by forcing you to wear distorting glasses, and ear apliances. Your difficulty is now in perceiving, rather than understanding, although, I wouldn't let on about that if I were you, they may decide that you need an understanding impediment as well.

I wish I was interested in my work.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 11-07-2005

Jeunemaitre,Nov 7 2005, 12:41 PM Wrote:I'll bite to get this thing rolling again:

Like the Kurt Vonnegut(sp?) story, because we can't make everything equally easy (beautiful), we'll make everything equally difficult (ugly).  Your easy classes(of varying levels), are now just as difficult as your hardest class, but like the Vonnegut(sp?) story, they are made difficult by forcing you to wear distorting glasses, and ear apliances.  Your difficulty is now in perceiving, rather than understanding, although, I wouldn't let on about that if I were you, they may decide that you need an understanding impediment as well.

I wish I was interested in my work.
[right][snapback]94305[/snapback][/right]

Granted. With failure at anything now resulting in being sent through a long tunnel filled with radiation, followed by a trip to the burning methane chamber, followed by the nail filled contracting box, you now get very, very interested in yoiur work.

I wish I had a pet giant squid.

The Corrupted Wish Game - Lucky Barbarian - 11-08-2005

Minionman,Nov 8 2005, 01:11 AM Wrote:I wish I had a pet giant squid.
[right][snapback]94324[/snapback][/right]

Granted. You now have a gigantic pet squid. And it's very strong. Much stronger than you. It doesn't recognize you as its master and kills you.

I wish I could control sand.

~Lucky

The Corrupted Wish Game - Minionman - 11-08-2005

Lucky Barbarian,Nov 8 2005, 01:26 AM Wrote:Granted. You now have a gigantic pet squid. And it's very strong. Much stronger than you. It doesn't recognize you as its master and kills you.

I wish I could control sand.

~Lucky
[right][snapback]94371[/snapback][/right]

Granted. you start a company that sells sand to people, and it gets big enough to control the sand market. unfortunately, not many people want the sand you offer, so your company continually goes bankrupt and eventually disappears.

I wish there was more to do besides a bunch of "social" junk.