The Lurker Lounge Forums
Ninja Monkeys - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Ninja Monkeys (/thread-679.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ninja Monkeys - aaa - 06-14-2009

Topic for the day: Ninja :shuriken: Monkeys, that is, Monkeys that are trained ways of Ninjutsu.
Concern: Are they the epitome of cool, or are they just redundant and unnecessary?

Prompted by a friends T-shirt, we engaged in a brief discussion concerning whether Ninja Monkeys are "Super Awesome Cool" or "not needed, and thereby pointless". I was on the side of Pointless, he (owning/wearing the shirt) took the side of Ultimate Cool.

Arguing for: Now, it has been established that Monkeys and Ninjas both rank in the top 10 of most peoples "Coolest Things Ever" list, and usually make it to the top 5 (typically alongside Penguins, Lasers, and Zombies). So if Ninjas are cool, and Monkeys are cool, then Ninja Monkeys must be "THE Coolest Thing EVAR!!!!11"

Arguing against: I conceded that Ninjas and Monkeys are both, most definately, cool. However, I believe that combining the two would result in a lower overall cool level. They are both already so cool, that to add anything else just kind of makes them watered-down and less cool. I liken it to Matter, and Anti-Matter: Matter is awesome, I mean, we're made of it, we eat it, we use it, it's all good. Anti-Matter is also awesome in its non-matter-ness. But if you combine the two what do you get? NOTHING! And NOTHING is not cool, I will grant you that Matter/Anti-Matter makes one hell of an explosion (implosion?), but that is more of a side effect and falls under "Explosions are Cool".

So, to help settle this debate once and for all (my friend and I reached a stalemate), what is your opinion?
Super Awesome Mega Cool
or
Redundant

?

Ninja Monkeys - --Pete - 06-14-2009

Hi,

Quote:So, to help settle this debate once and for all (my friend and I reached a stalemate), what is your opinion?
Monkeys -- boring unless you want to be groomed and your lice picked.
Ninjas -- mostly a Hollywood myth; about as realistic as a Ford Western.
Topic -- yawn.

--Pete

Ninja Monkeys - kandrathe - 06-14-2009

All I know about monkeys is that they are adept at flinging feces. So, I'd expect if you trained them to hate a target and gave them exploding feces to fling, at least some of the monkeys would succeed. The others of course would give a complete and accurate rendition of Shakespeare's plays. I'm not sure how many monkey's you would need though, maybe an infinite number...

Ninja Monkeys - DeeBye - 06-14-2009

I kinda like monkeys, unless they are the face-eating kind. Those ones can rot in hell.

Ninja Monkeys - LennyLen - 06-14-2009

Quote:Now, it has been established that Monkeys and Ninjas both rank in the top 10 of most peoples "Coolest Things Ever" list, and usually make it to the top 5 (typically alongside Penguins, Lasers, and Zombies). So if Ninjas are cool, and Monkeys are cool, then Ninja Monkeys must be "THE Coolest Thing EVAR!!!!11"
No. None of those things are cool (unless you're under 10 years of age).

Ninja Monkeys - Bun-Bun - 06-14-2009

Flying Scythe Monkeys are much cooler.

Ninja Monkeys - Treesh - 06-14-2009

Quote:I kinda like monkeys, unless they are the face-eating kind. Those ones can rot in hell.

Zombie monkeys. Srsly.

Ok, there was only one zombie monkey and it was at the beginning of the movie. That's a minor detail and can therefore be easily ignored.

Ninja Monkeys - LemmingofGlory - 06-14-2009

Quote:Ok, there was only one zombie monkey and it was at the beginning of the movie. That's a minor detail and can therefore be easily ignored.

Didn't you see the movie?! Ignoring that "minor detail" caused a zombie outbreak! Sumatran Rat Monkeys are nothing to be trifled with, and I would suggest they trump Ninja Monkeys any day of the week.

-Lem

Ninja Monkeys - Rhydderch Hael - 06-14-2009

When I first saw the cover art for The Golden Compass in bookstores, I could not help but mutter "Bears in battle armor? Why would bears need armor? They're the biggest, baddest, most kick-assingest land animals ever!"

Who'd win: Bears in battle armor, or Sharks with frickin' lasers attached to their heads?

Ninja Monkeys - kandrathe - 06-14-2009

Lasers are optional...

[Image: Megalodon.jpg]

Ninja Monkeys - roguebanshee - 06-15-2009

Quote:When I first saw the cover art for The Golden Compass in bookstores, I could not help but mutter "Bears in battle armor? Why would bears need armor? They're the biggest, baddest, most kick-assingest land animals ever!"
These guys would disagree with that
[Image: Dino_F-14s.png]

Ninja Monkeys - Rhydderch Hael - 06-15-2009

Quote:These guys would disagree with that
[Image: Dino_F-14s.png]
Yet these are the same guys who crowned the "temporary replacement of a main character" trope as the 'Jonas Quinn' one, when Coy and Vance Duke clearly pre-dated such uncomfortable casting missteps.

As such, I reject their version of reality and replace it with one of my own.

Ninja Monkeys - Treesh - 06-15-2009

Quote:Didn't you see the movie?! Ignoring that "minor detail" caused a zombie outbreak! Sumatran Rat Monkeys are nothing to be trifled with, and I would suggest they trump Ninja Monkeys any day of the week.

-Lem
Bah! It was the meddling mother that caused the zombie outbreak. The Sumatran Rat Monkey was merely adhering to its primal nature and therefore cannot be blamed.

Ninja Monkeys - TaMeOlta - 06-15-2009

I thought the monkeys from 28 Days later were angry because they were being forced to watch the Real World on MTV for 24 hours ? :blush:

Ninja Monkeys - Occhidiangela - 06-16-2009

Quote:Concern: Are they the epitome of cool, or are they just redundant and unnecessary?

?
No. Coolest thing ever: Scarlet Johansen wearing a wet t-shirt, and nothing else, jumping rope. You can keep your monkeys, thanks. The ninjas will be with me, watching Scarlet and eating some popcorn, swilling down brew: Sapporo.

Occhi

Ninja Monkeys - LennyLen - 06-16-2009

Quote:No. Coolest thing ever: Scarlet Johansen wearing a wet t-shirt, and nothing else, jumping rope. You can keep your monkeys, thanks. The ninjas will be with me, watching Scarlet and eating some popcorn, swilling down brew: Sapporo.

Occhi
Apart from your taste in beer, I couldn't agree more.

Ninja Monkeys - Treesh - 06-16-2009

Quote:I thought the monkeys from 28 Days later were angry because they were being forced to watch the Real World on MTV for 24 hours ? :blush:

Different zombie monkeys. :D I was talking about the ones in Braindead. Fantastically funny horror movie. I ran across it while trying to find Kung Fu Hustle and all I could remember was the Kung Fu part. :rolleyes:Braindead popped up under Kung Fu Zombie movies. :w00t:

Ninja Monkeys - Kylearan - 06-22-2009

Hi,
Quote:I was talking about the ones in Braindead. Fantastically funny horror movie.
Indeed! That movie is great. "Stay back, boy, this calls for divine intervention!" - my Pally used that quote as a battle cry for many years.:D (And my WW barb a quote from Bad Taste, the movie Peter Jackson made before Braindead: "Suck my Spinning Steel, Shithead!")

Funny that Braindead was made by the same Peter Jackson who later made Lord of the Rings. A double-feature DVD with Braindead and Bad Taste on it was advertised with a sticker on it reading "By the creator of Lord of the Rings!". I wonder how many people bought the DVD because of that sticker, and were then in for a surprise... :rolleyes:

-Kylearan

Ninja Monkeys - Kevin - 06-22-2009

Quote:I wonder how many people bought the DVD because of that sticker, and were then in for a surprise... :rolleyes:

You mean like when I watched (didn't pay for it fortunately) his version of King Kong? That movie was bad in so many ways I had to wonder what happened to poor Peter.

At least Braindead was funny and entertaining. King Kong just bored me, but since I had liked his other stuff...

Ninja Monkeys - kandrathe - 06-22-2009

Caught one!!!

[Image: black-spider-monkey.jpg]