The Lurker Lounge Forums
"I have never" - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: "I have never" (/thread-7150.html)

Pages: 1 2

"I have never" - DeeBye - 01-22-2005

I have never
  • been stung by a bee<>
  • smoked marijuana<>
  • driven a 4 wheel drive vehicle in 4 wheel drive mode<>
  • hung up on a telemarketer before allowing them to finish their marketing pitch<>
  • worn a watch on my right wrist<>
    [st]

"I have never" - whyBish - 01-22-2005

DeeBye,Jan 22 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:I have never
  • <>
  • Yes
    <>
  • No
    <>
  • A what?
    <>
  • I've never heard the end of a pitch&nbsp; B)
    <>
  • from age 6-24, but don't wear any now.
    <>
    [st]
    [right][snapback]66130[/snapback][/right]

"I have never" - Occhidiangela - 01-23-2005

DeeBye,Jan 22 2005, 12:37 AM Wrote:I have never
  • <>
  • been stung by a bee
    <>
  • smoked marijuana
    <>
  • driven a 4 wheel drive vehicle in 4 wheel drive mode
    <>
  • hung up on a telemarketer before allowing them to finish their marketing pitch
    <>
  • worn a watch on my right wrist
    <>
    [st]

1. May I recommend the 4 wheel drive in 4 wheel drive mode, under controlled conditions, so that if you ever need it for real, you are ready?

As to telemarketers, where do you think I learned how to hand out snide remarks? By giving telemarketers who call me at certain times a taste of my wit. Comes with the badge.

Stopped wearing a watch on my left wrist age 15. Mild nerve damage in wrist that eventually cleared up. Got out of the habit and now, just don't.

I have never:

Licked a frozen street sign pole.

Occhi

"I have never" - Treesh - 01-23-2005

I have never been stung by a bee, never been bitten by a snake, never been to a foreign country, never broken a bone, but I can say that I have driven a 4WD vehicle in 4WD mode (darned fun it was too). I have never smoked, I have never used any illegal drugs, I have never fired a gun (more of an archery gal myself. Much quieter release ;) ). Oh, and I have never been drunk (yes, I am of drinking age. Have been for a while now.)

"I have never" - Minionman - 01-23-2005

Never done any drugs or drank alchohol
never been on any dates or had any girlfriends
never have been to most of the country
never been to any foreign countries except driving through Canada a few times
never watched any soap operas and knew what was going on
never watched or watch shows about celebrity stuff
never watch football on T.V.
never played a barbarian past act 1 normal
never been or will go to school dances or proms except one in 5th grade.
never broken any bones

"I have never" - Obi2Kenobi - 01-23-2005

I can top this.

Never done any drugs (except IB profin, required drugs by my oral surgeon, etc) nor drunken alchohol (although my parents have tried to get me to drink alcohol, seriously)
never been on any dates or had any girlfriends (or boyfriends for that matter, but that's for a different reason)
never have been to most of the country
never been to any foreign countries
never watched any soap operas and knew what was going on
never watched or watch shows about celebrity stuff
never watch football on T.V.
never played an amazon
never been or will go to school dances or proms except one in 5th grade. (interesting how the grades match up...)
never broken any bones or sprained any joints
Never worn a watch on my left wrist
Never liked a street sign pole
Never hung up a telemarketer (they're so fun to torment. I'd really like to know the next telemarker's opinion on the development of smarter than human AIs working on creating smarter than smarter than human AIs.)
Never tasted watermelon, mango, or human flesh
Never ran in any United States Presidential or Gubernatorial election
Never done most of the things most of you are likely to post also never having done.

"I have never" - [wcip]Angel - 01-23-2005

Let's see you beat this: (currently drunk)

Never:

* Had sex

edit: I'm 22.

"I have never" - ShadowHM - 01-23-2005

Occhidiangela,Jan 22 2005, 07:04 PM Wrote:I have never:

Licked a frozen street sign pole.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Occhi
[right][snapback]66145[/snapback][/right]

*sigh* I wish I could claim something like that. But I was a gullible child and I did lick the metal spring on a skate guard. :blush: Yes, it hurt. And, even worse, I did it again. :blink:

But there are all too many very stupid things I have done and survived. Like, for example, competing to see how many bumblebees you can get in a mason jar. I had 17 in there before one got out and stung me. :P

"I have never" - Tal - 01-23-2005

I have never:
  • * been shot (but have had a gun pointed at me).
    * been hit with a pie in the face.
    * been on a motorcycle.
    * written a decent poem.<>
    [st]

"I have never" - Minionman - 01-23-2005

no sex either (course, this sort of comes from the other 2nd one)
never been pulled over while driving
never picked a main party person in those school elections( Picked Perot in 1996, Nader in 2000, libertarian guy in 2004 to fool around, since I was doing Kerry for real)

A lot of flagpole like things I haven't done, mainly because I don't take a lot of chancy things anyway.

"I have never" - DeeBye - 01-23-2005

Occhidiangela,Jan 22 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:1.&nbsp; May I recommend the 4 wheel drive in 4 wheel drive mode, under controlled conditions, so that if you ever need it for real, you are ready?[right][snapback]66145[/snapback][/right]

I don't even foresee a circumstance in which having experience driving a 4WD vehicle will come in handy. I live in Canada, and as such I am used to driving in all kinds of ugly stuff. I am quite experienced with driving both front-wheel and rear-wheel drive vehicles in godawful snow. Frankly, I love driving in snow. I've never had the opportunity to drive a 4WD vehicle in snow, but I bet it would be a treat :)

Occhidiangela,Jan 22 2005, 08:04 PM Wrote:I have never:

Licked a frozen street sign pole.&nbsp; &nbsp;
[right][snapback]66145[/snapback][/right]

I did this when I was in 1st grade. It hurt :(

"I have never" - Obi2Kenobi - 01-23-2005

Minionman,Jan 22 2005, 11:19 PM Wrote:no sex either (course, this sort of comes from the other 2nd one)
never been pulled over while driving
never picked a main party person in those school elections( Picked Perot in 1996, Nader in 2000, libertarian guy in 2004 to fool around, since I was doing Kerry for real)
A lot of flagpole like things I haven't done, mainly because I don't take a lot of chancy things anyway.
[right][snapback]66167[/snapback][/right]
Badnarik. Michael Badnarik.

"I have never" - Griselda - 01-23-2005

DeeBye,Jan 21 2005, 11:37 PM Wrote:I have never

Um, danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? :P

As for the rest, probably better that all of you don't know if I'm to set a good example here. :whistling:

PS to Shadow- they did use water and not the "ripping" method to free your tongue, I hope?

"I have never" - LemmingofGlory - 01-23-2005

I have never...
  • Dated, been kissed, had sex, been hit on/asked out, etc. :wub: <>
  • Eaten yellow snow.<>
  • Worn the same pair of underwear for more than 10 days consecutively. :whistling: <>
  • Explained why I created the universe. (It's funnier to watch people guess.) :D <>
  • Been able to eat certain kinds of fresh fruit, such as apples and melons.<>
  • Managed to master the whole "indoor voice" thing, particularly when it comes to laughing. :lol: <>
  • (D2) Played an Assassin past Normal.<>
  • Completed an adventure game without becoming frustrated and getting hints. (I am weak!)<>
  • Been particularly interested in music. I'll find one thing I like and stick with it for some months, or listen to my computer whirr and humm instead.<>
  • Finished most stories I started writing. :blush: <>
  • Used intoxicating substances (alcohol, tobacco, other drugs).<>
  • Worn sandals. <>
  • Been able to figure out why, when going somewhere, the women in my family get ready at the last minute. <>
  • Written a paper other than at the last minute. :ph34r: <>
  • Been able to watch "The Godfather." (I get bored, and the music annoys me.)<>
  • Regretted my choice of academic major. :w00t: <>
  • Subsisted on a diet consisting entirely of gummibears and my neighbors.<>
  • Figured out why walking into a library, bookstore, or settling down in front of my computer causes me to have a BM. :( <>
  • Been kidnapped by aliens. (I went willingly.)<>
  • Forgiven DeeBye for his crimes. I have your dead bee's hand, and soon I shall take the other! :shuriken:<>
    [st]
    -Myopus schisticolor

"I have never" - Urza-DSF - 01-23-2005

LemmingofGlory,Jan 23 2005, 04:24 AM Wrote:I have never...
Figured out why walking into a library, bookstore, or settling down in front of my computer causes me to have a BM.&nbsp; :(

Actually I believe PvP crafted an anwser for that one: Whenever you go you bring something in/have something in there to read. Therefore, in a pavlovian way when your around things to read, you need to go.

But hey, it is just a theory.

"I have never" - Treesh - 01-23-2005

DeeBye,Jan 22 2005, 11:58 PM Wrote:I don't even foresee a circumstance in which having experience driving a 4WD vehicle will come in handy.&nbsp; I live in Canada, and as such I am used to driving in all kinds of ugly stuff.&nbsp; I am quite experienced with driving both front-wheel and rear-wheel drive vehicles in godawful snow.&nbsp; Frankly, I love driving in snow.&nbsp; I've never had the opportunity to drive a 4WD vehicle in snow, but I bet it would be a treat :)
[right][snapback]66168[/snapback][/right]
Mud. Mud for the 4WD. Most of the time it wasn't needed for snow or ice, but when it's been raining for a while and you're parked in a pasture that's now pure mud and you have to go uphill to get out, 4WD comes in handy. :)

"I have never" - Munkay - 01-23-2005

Treesh,Jan 23 2005, 10:22 AM Wrote:Mud.&nbsp; Mud for the 4WD.&nbsp; Most of the time it wasn't needed for snow or ice, but when it's been raining for a while and you're parked in a pasture that's now pure mud and you have to go uphill to get out, 4WD comes in handy.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]66185[/snapback][/right]

Or if you are in the city of Boston during a snow emergency. Walking home last night I had to help push a car out of a snow drift that was up to it's hood. The front wheel drive vehicle was spinning on ice, all it needed was a big enough push to get onto asphault and it was set. Four wheel drive would have come in handy. :P

Or if you get bored in New Hampshire and end up taking a raised jeep into the salt marshes. Then procede to drink canned alcoholic beverages, while wearing cowboy hats and yelling 'yeehaw' out the window. Two four wheel drive trucks were needed to pull the jeep out of the mud when it finally got stuck (The first truck got stuck as well).

Yes, this has happened before. Thankfully, I was not involved. :D

Cheers,

Munk

"I have never" - Mithrandir - 01-23-2005

Occhidiangela,Jan 22 2005, 07:04 PM Wrote:As to telemarketers, where do you think I learned how to hand out snide remarks?&nbsp; By giving telemarketers who call me at certain times a taste of my wit.&nbsp; Comes with the badge.[right][snapback]66145[/snapback][/right]

I had a friend who tried being a telemarketer for a couple weeks during high school because the hours were perfect for what he was looking for and the pay was decent. At the end he was almost in tears, "Dude, it's not like I want to be there either! It's not like I *want* to call them at the hours they make me! Why are they so mean to me."

I still had my fun with telemarketers though :) I was always a favorite of the "IS THIS 911?!? I NEED HELP OMG THERE'S SO MUCH BLEEDING *click*". My dad was more of the "polite let-down" kind of person while my mom would get angry and lecture them. Now I don't get any now that I'm in college. It's like a piece of my soul has been stripped from me :blush:

I've found I've done most of the things listed above. Except licking a metal pole in winter.

"I have never" - Dozer - 01-23-2005

DeeBye,Jan 22 2005, 02:37 AM Wrote:I have never
  • <>
  • been stung by a bee
    <>
  • smoked marijuana
    <>
  • driven a 4 wheel drive vehicle in 4 wheel drive mode
    <>
  • hung up on a telemarketer before allowing them to finish their marketing pitch
    <>
  • worn a watch on my right wrist
    <>
    [st]

I have never
  • been stung by a bee anywhere besides my right arm<>
  • NOT hung up on a telemarketer before allowing them to finish their marketing pitch<>
  • NOT worn a watch on my right wrist<>
    [st]
    touché.

"I have never" - whyBish - 01-24-2005

[wcip]Angel,Jan 23 2005, Wrote:Let's see you beat this: (currently drunk)

Never:

* Had sex

edit: I'm 22.
[right][snapback]66157[/snapback][/right]

26 and counting.

Wait...

when you say beat it, do you mean above or below? :P