The Lurker Lounge Forums
The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread (/thread-7199.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Xanthix - 06-24-2005

Arnulf,Jun 22 2005, 05:06 PM Wrote:I didn't know that the deeprun tram goes right through Loch Ness.[right][snapback]81352[/snapback][/right]
The funny thing is that if you look at the world map, the path between Stormwind and Ironforge doesn't really contain any major bodies of water. My friends and I have always wondered where exactly that lake is. It can't be an underground lake because there are shipwrecks. :)

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Metrocube - 06-24-2005

Xanthix,Jun 24 2005, 12:30 PM Wrote:It can't be an underground lake because there are shipwrecks. :)
[right][snapback]81511[/snapback][/right]

No. The gods just put those shipwrecks there to test your faith in the world creation mythos! Just like dinosaur bones.... oh, wait.

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Quark - 06-24-2005

Xanthix,Jun 24 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:The funny thing is that if you look at the world map, the path between Stormwind and Ironforge doesn't really contain any major bodies of water. My friends and I have always wondered where exactly that lake is. It can't be an underground lake because there are shipwrecks. :)
[right][snapback]81511[/snapback][/right]

Well, given that the world can change overtime - and Blizzard's penchant for modifying the world map when it wants to - who says what was once not underground shouldn't be underground now?

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Kevin - 06-24-2005

Quark,Jun 24 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:Well, given that the world can change overtime - and Blizzard's penchant for modifying the world map when it wants to - who says what was once not underground shouldn't be underground now?
[right][snapback]81558[/snapback][/right]

Exactly and keep in mind there are shipwrecks and dead Threshadons in Un'Goro crater.... :)

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Arnulf - 06-26-2005

[Image: a4db880d.jpg]

This is not a female human paladin decked out in complete scarlet crusade gear. But instead a male dwarf paladin disguised as scarlet crusader. Ready to embark on the last quest of a series that starts out with Tirion Fordring.

What I find interesting is that I got a female disguise. It's random actually, I tested this. Half of the time I get a female, the other a male disguise. In contrast you get always the corresponding gender disguise if you use the Savory Deviate Delight. That is you become a female pirate if you have a female character and vice versa.

Another side effect is that I could use this to "bypass content". The quest giver in this picture demands to kill two named scarlet crusaders. Either you can fight your way to them, or you can disguise and fight only the actual targets. The next quest makes the disguise even more useful since it involves only finding and visiting a spot inside of Hearthglen. Which incidentally is full of scarlet elites and normals.

-Arnulf

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Trien - 06-26-2005

Arnulf,Jun 26 2005, 05:25 AM Wrote:What I find interesting is that I got a female disguise. It's random actually, I tested this. Half of the time I get a female, the other a male disguise. In contrast you get always the corresponding gender disguise if you use the Savory Deviate Delight. That is you become a female pirate if you have a female character and vice versa.

Back when I did that quest line (unsure if Blizzard has changed things or not), if you happen to be a druid and shapeshift while you're in the disguise, you don't lose the disguise, but a new one is randomly picked. So you could start off as a female scarlet, shift into cat and end up as male (and still be able to stealth, which was neat). Shift back into a human and it'd pick male again, shift into travel form and end up as a female scarlet who could run at +30% speed... fun times!

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - nobbie - 07-05-2005

My Orc Shaman running over the sea surface at "The Vile Reef" in "Stranglethorn Vale" (Shaman "Waterwalking" skill). This was a big time saver while doing the Troll quests from Grom'Gol because I could reach and leave the Troll ruins in the north much faster by bypassing the (partly elite) crocolisks on the nearby beach :)

[Image: WoW_Uma_walking_on_Water.jpg]

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Arnulf - 07-08-2005

Ready for Health-bar-whack-a-mole:
[Image: 7f369c28.jpg]

(I was responsible for casting Blessing of Might/Wisdom on groups 5-8)

Complete Imperial Plate Set:
[Image: 45a9db64.jpg]

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - nobbie - 07-08-2005

My Undead Warlock on her Felsteed Mount in "1000 Needles" at Night:

[Image: WoW_Hel_in_1000_Needles.jpg]

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Mirajj - 07-08-2005

So we decided to take on Onyxia last night...

First, you get her attention...

[Image: onyx9.jpg]

Then, she'll let you know you've got her attention...

[Image: onyx7.jpg]

And if you aren't mean enough, and beating on her hard enough, she'll breath on you...

[Image: onyx8.jpg]

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Quark - 07-08-2005

That is an awesome shot of Deep Breath :)

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - LochnarITB - 07-08-2005

No, this guy isn't getting ready to do a cartoon dash with the little swirlies trailing behind him. He actually must have suffered some painfully disfiguring injury playing Orc games as an Orcling. He was walking around with his torso at a 90 degree angle to his legs and head. It made for a very odd, but stylish, patrol.

[Image: wow00045.jpg]

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - nobbie - 07-11-2005

"Night Elf on the Rocks" made by Azuregos :lol:

[Image: WoW_Nightelf_on_the_Rocks.jpg]

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Arnulf - 07-12-2005

We cleaned Molten Core! Proof:

[Image: eca8fe70.jpg]

No, actually, I was it all alone! :D

Okay, okay, the truth is the instance server crashed and everyone could explore the dungeon with no mobs whatsoever in place. I chose this picture, because I think some important mob would be standing there. I have no idea who, because we only killed Garr before and were preparing for Baron Geddon when every mob froze and we could do nothing but walk around and gawk at our surroundings. Everyone was solo. It was like splitting up into forty parallel universes and solipsisting away. The fun with computers and human errors.

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - TheDragoon - 07-14-2005

Here's a fun screenshot I took of my Warlock, on his Felsteed, overlooking the town of Ratchet (where many Warlock quests are centered).

[Image: Warlock%20in%20Ratchet.jpg]

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - MongoJerry - 07-16-2005

Arnulf,Jul 12 2005, 01:23 AM Wrote:Okay, okay, the truth is the instance server crashed and everyone could explore the dungeon with no mobs whatsoever in place. I chose this picture, because I think some important mob would be standing there.

Fun! That's where Golemagg stands, by the way. You can see a picture of him in this STSI:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/index.php?opti...o=1&key=8&hit=1

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - LochnarITB - 07-19-2005

I would just like to take a moment to introduce you to:

Koshka

[Image: koshka01.jpg][Image: koshka02.jpg]

Isn't he cute?! He better be! He cost me almost as much as an epic mount. I sure wish Bliz could have come up with real quests to get non-race mounts instead of this farming garbage. Oh well, I have him now. Now we need to take some rides around Azeroth to get to know one another. I am sure glad he doesn't clank and wheeze!

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Tal - 07-19-2005

Congrats Loch. :)

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Quark - 07-19-2005

And now, how long until that cat is epic? :)

Grats, it ain't the easiest thing to do ...

The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread - Arethor - 07-19-2005

Loch = Awesome
'nuff said