The Lurker Lounge Forums
Hidden Mounts - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Hidden Mounts (/thread-7250.html)

Hidden Mounts - Magicbag - 01-07-2005

During Beta, I recall people talking about a mount vendor in winterspring someplace, but I don't remember where. I wanted to know if this vendor still exists in retail. I'd be glad to verify the location of the vendor if I was aware of the approximate area. I know there's an area in the top right that looks promising.

Thanks,
-MB

Hidden Mounts - stabby - 01-07-2005

I think it's in Frostsaber Rock at the north end of Winterspring. You have to spend a long time gaining faction for it, though, which is why I haven't bothered (and probably won't -- faction-based quests are incredibly tedious, as Desolace taught me so well).

Hidden Mounts - Xanthix - 01-07-2005

I do recall Blizzard hinting that there would be hidden mounts in-game. But considering that regular mounts are not even entirely in-game (most epic mounts lack distinct graphics; it's currently impossible to get enough reputation to get another race's mount), I suspect these will be added in a later patch.

Hidden Mounts - MongoJerry - 01-12-2005

stabby,Jan 7 2005, 12:10 PM Wrote:I think it's in Frostsaber Rock at the north end of Winterspring.  You have to spend a long time gaining faction for it, though, which is why I haven't bothered (and probably won't -- faction-based quests are incredibly tedious, as Desolace taught me so well).

This is correct. It's at the top of a rock formation that looks like it's straight out of the Lion King. You have to get faction reputation to buy it, but I believe it's the only way that Night Elves can get their level 60 tigers.

Hidden Mounts - lemekim - 01-12-2005

MongoJerry,Jan 12 2005, 02:13 AM Wrote:This is correct.  It's at the top of a rock formation that looks like it's straight out of the Lion King.  You have to get faction reputation to buy it, but I believe it's the only way that Night Elves can get their level 60 tigers.
[right][snapback]65069[/snapback][/right]

Night elves had 2 other level 60 mounts - pure white and pure black, available from regular mount vendor. I did know a person who got that Blue saber tiger, but it took a looong time to get it.

Hidden Mounts - Artega - 01-12-2005

Magicbag,Jan 7 2005, 02:47 PM Wrote:During Beta, I recall people talking about a mount vendor in winterspring someplace, but I don't remember where.  I wanted to know if this vendor still exists in retail.  I'd be glad to verify the location of the vendor if I was aware of the approximate area.  I know there's an area in the top right that looks promising.

Thanks,
-MB
[right][snapback]64701[/snapback][/right]

There's a Ravasaur Riding trainer in Un'Goro Crater. It would make sense for this to be troll-only, however.

Hidden Mounts - lemekim - 01-12-2005

Well, the blue tiger mount was available to other races as well (the person I knew who got it was a gnome), so it's possible it is not a restriction

Hidden Mounts - Raziel - 01-12-2005

I wonder where the Dwarf one is. Probably someplace really cold and harsh, heh. But, er, not Winterspring.

Regardless.. i've not yet seen any Dwarf mount trainer outside of town.

Hidden Mounts - MongoJerry - 01-13-2005

lemekim,Jan 12 2005, 03:43 AM Wrote:Well, the blue tiger mount was available to other races as well (the person I knew who got it was a gnome), so it's possible it is not a restriction

Hmm... I wonder if Horde can get one. That'd be awesome!

Hidden Mounts - Raziel - 01-13-2005

You need to be a nelf or exalted with the nelfs. So, no.

Hidden Mounts - MongoJerry - 01-13-2005

Raziel,Jan 13 2005, 07:29 AM Wrote:You need to be a nelf or exalted with the nelfs.  So, no.

Are you sure, though? The guys on that cliff who sell the blue tigers are in a different faction than the Night Elves. The only hitch I see is that maybe a Horde player could *buy* the blue tiger but one would still need reputation with the Night Elves to learn to *ride* the tiger.

Hidden Mounts - Raziel - 01-14-2005

Never bothered to check any futher into it mj, sorry. Can't say.