The Lurker Lounge Forums
Who wins this fight? - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Who wins this fight? (/thread-7545.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Who wins this fight? - DeeBye - 11-24-2004

IN THIS CORNER
[Image: grizzly.jpg]
The Grizzly Bear is the largest carnivorous land mammal. It can reach a height of over 8' and weighs in excess of 1,200 lbs. It has gigantic claws and can take a person's head off with one swipe.

AND IN THIS CORNER
[Image: Crocodile.jpg]
The Salt Water Crocodile can grow to 20 feet in length and weigh up to 2,000 lbs. It has tremendous bite strength and will snap you in half if it gets a chance,

FIGHT!

Who wins?

Who wins this fight? - LochnarITB - 11-24-2004

DeeBye,Nov 23 2004, 11:59 PM Wrote:FIGHT!

Who wins?
[right][snapback]61069[/snapback][/right]
Isn't this already a show on Animal Planet? Perhaps you can find your answer there. :P

Who wins this fight? - Nomad25055 - 11-24-2004

Actually, the Grizzly Bear is an Omnivore. The largest Carnivore would be the Polar Bear if I'm not mistaken. Anyways I would say the Grizzly, if this takes place on land of course.

Who wins this fight? - Mithrandir - 11-24-2004

Nomad25055,Nov 24 2004, 02:18 AM Wrote:Anyways I would say the Grizzly, if this takes place on land of course.[right][snapback]61076[/snapback][/right]

But what if it happens mid-air? Or in a pool of Jell-O? Would the viscosity of said Jello-O impact the outcome of the fight? Would things just get wild and crazy if we used pudding instead?

Who wins this fight? - Chaerophon - 11-24-2004

My call?

Grizzly in any condition up to and including knee-deep water. Croc at water any deeper than that. Only other way is for the croc to get the jump on him and to hit in a vulnerable area.

The Croc might be able to get one chomp down on him, but that's not enough to take down a bear! Death roll? Nothing! One swipe with the remaining good paw, broken croc back, end of story! Bears are freakin' tough. Crocs.... Meh. When I see a bunch of Australian guys hop on top of a Grizzly and hold him down, maybe I'll concede to the croc. Until then...

Grizzly - 1
Croc - 0

Look here: the Grizzly's case for ULTIMATE CARNIVORE (well, you're right, omnivore, really...)!!! Seriously, read this... it's quite persuasive.

http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/conflict13.html

Who wins this fight? - eppie - 11-24-2004

DeeBye,Nov 24 2004, 05:59 AM Wrote:Who wins?
[right][snapback]61069[/snapback][/right]

Are you planning to really organize this fight deebye??

Anyway, with these two specimens I would go for the croc. This grizly wears lippstick so she must be a girl.

Who wins this fight? - Rinnhart - 11-24-2004

eppie,Nov 24 2004, 02:15 AM Wrote:Are you planning to really organize this fight deebye??

Anyway, with these two specimens I would go for the croc. This grizly wears lippstick so she must be a girl.
[right][snapback]61087[/snapback][/right]

Lipstick made of blood.

Who wins this fight? - Chaerophon - 11-24-2004

Quote:This grizly wears lippstick so she must be a girl.

Uh... that's blood, man. :ph34r: Scary Grizzly!

Who wins this fight? - eppie - 11-24-2004

Chaerophon,Nov 24 2004, 09:24 AM Wrote:Uh... that's blood, man.  :ph34r:  Scary Grizzly!
[right][snapback]61089[/snapback][/right]

It's lipstick I tell you!!

At least it looks like she didn't powder her nose.

By the way, a female grizzly with cubs might win....even against a female croc.

Who wins this fight? - Walkiry - 11-24-2004

Does any of them have a friggin' laser beam attached to its head?

Who wins this fight? - [wcip]Angel - 11-24-2004

But wouldn't Grizzy The Bear be too tall to reach Salty Le Croc? What if the crocodile simply bit Grizzy's leg off? Also, you'd need some strength to crack the spine of a 2,000lbs creature.

Who wins this fight? - Urza-DSF - 11-24-2004

Im going to have to go with the Crocodile on this one. Not only are its jaws like a damn vice, but its tail isn't there just for show.

Rush in, comp though one of the bear's legs and then "thwack" with its tail and boom: bear goes down like a big-old tree, and its all downhill for smokey at that point.

Who wins this fight? - DeeBye - 11-24-2004

Rinnhart,Nov 24 2004, 05:21 AM Wrote:Lipstick made of blood.
[right][snapback]61088[/snapback][/right]

This is a beautiful post.

Who wins this fight? - Doc - 11-24-2004

Bah, I would eat them both. Say hello to my boomstick baby. One's a handbag, one's a rug, and I am sure both are delicious.

Haven't actually eaten croc. Does it taste anything like gator? Gator is yummy when pickled in tobasco, then soaked in buttermilk, rolled in bread crumbs, and fried like chicken in a black cast iron skillit.

Who wins this fight? - Zarathustra - 11-24-2004

In honor of my fellow Chicagoans...

DA BEAR.

Who wins this fight? - Minionman - 11-24-2004

eppie,Nov 24 2004, 03:15 AM Wrote:Are you planning to really organize this fight deebye??

[right][snapback]61087[/snapback][/right]

??? juat a girl? Yea, those girl beaqrs are just a bunch of weaklings. I'm sure we all could go off and wrestle those girl bears to the ground. (heavy sarcasm)

Who wins this fight? - Ajax - 11-24-2004

Doc,Nov 24 2004, 07:00 AM Wrote:Bah, I would eat them both. Say hello to my boomstick baby. One's a handbag, one's a rug, and I am sure both are delicious.

Haven't actually eaten croc. Does it taste anything like gator? Gator is yummy when pickled in tobasco, then soaked in buttermilk, rolled in bread crumbs, and fried like chicken in a black cast iron skillit.
[right][snapback]61112[/snapback][/right]

Lol!

What caliber would you use Doc? My pa always carried a stainless 6.5" S&W .44Rem. Mag. for when he was fly fishing. He always said, "Son, I hope I never gotta use this, but bears don't always listen to reason." In fact, he had a mountain lion stalk him from the bank for about a mile, while he was midstream.

So, yeah, my vote goes for the BOOMSTICK. Just make sure its large enough to do the job, because the last thing you need in such a situation is an angry grizzley bear!

Who wins this fight? - Bob - 11-24-2004

[Image: grizzlygoogle.jpg]

[Image: crocodilegoogle.jpg]

The grizzly, no contest. :blink:

Who wins this fight? - Doc - 11-24-2004

Ajax,Nov 24 2004, 10:13 AM Wrote:Lol! 

What caliber would you use Doc?  My pa always carried a stainless 6.5" S&W .44Rem. Mag.  for when he was fly fishing.  He always said, "Son, I hope I never gotta use this, but bears don't always listen to reason."  In fact, he had a mountain lion stalk him from the bank for about a mile, while he was midstream. 

So, yeah, my vote goes for the BOOMSTICK.  Just make sure its large enough to do the job, because the last thing you need in such a situation is an angry grizzley bear!
[right][snapback]61118[/snapback][/right]

Smith & Wesson 500. Need I say more?

Who wins this fight? - Ajax - 11-24-2004

I have to go with the grizzley. For one reason alone. ROLL ON YOU BEARS!!!!!

Cal--41, Stanford--6

Cal still dropped a few points in the polls after this game, and the #2 team didn't play that week, they had a by! WTF BCS???

(just had to get that one out)

Seriously though, the bear wins hands down. There's a saying, how can you tell the difference between a grizzley bear and a black bear? A bear chases you and you climb a tree. A black bear will climb up after you. The grizzley? He floors the tree, then eats you :-)

So, yeah Grizzley gets a new purse, to quote Doc.