The Lurker Lounge Forums
Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: World of Warcraft (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions (/thread-7568.html)

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Tal - 11-22-2004

What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?

Sharanna is going to be doing Tailoring/Enchanting because I never got the chance to do either in Beta. That and I got very tired during Open beta of mine jumpers.

Secondary will be fishing, cooking and first aid.

Edit: This thread also lets me know who is planning on being on the server with us. ;)

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Magicbag - 11-22-2004

If the PvE Alliance will be on East Time, I'll likely be there.
I'm going Tailor/Enchanter for retail.
-MB

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Bun-Bun - 11-22-2004

Tal,Nov 22 2004, 09:54 AM Wrote:What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?

Sharanna is going to be doing Tailoring/Enchanting because I never got the chance to do either in Beta. That and I got very tired during Open beta of mine jumpers.

Edit: This thread also lets me know who is planning on being on the server with us. ;)
[right][snapback]60765[/snapback][/right]

I'll be attempting to re-create Hykim with Skinning/Leatherworking, proving that I am persistent and quite dense. :)

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Roane - 11-22-2004

Hmmm.... you know, I haven't decided what profession to do yet. I'm sort of leaning towards Alchemy/Herbalism again. It was fun. I might change my mind yet though.

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - LavCat - 11-22-2004

Tal,Nov 22 2004, 10:54 AM Wrote:What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?[right][snapback]60765[/snapback][/right]

Mining and engineering probably. I never got to try out the high end engineering items added at the end. And I know where the mineral nodes are.

I plan to level as quickly as I can and hopefully do some of the instances. In beta I spent days just traveling the world and swimming around the continents.

For my next character, probably skinning and leatherworking, but who knows when that might be.

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Ruvanal - 11-22-2004

Tal,Nov 22 2004, 10:54 AM Wrote:Secondary will be fishing, cooking and first aid.

Everyone can get those three skills without a problem. The only question there is how far the various players bother to take the secondary skills.

I tend to jump around a bit from character to character at times, so with that in mind....

Taunshu: Herbalism/Skinning to start and switching to Mining/Engineering(Goblin) later.
Littledude: Tailor/Enchanter
Ragos: Mining/Engineering(Gnomish)
Tima: Mining/Blacksmithing(weaponsmith-?type)
Andar: Mining/Blacksmithing(armorsmith)
Shadrack: Herbalism/Alchemy
Wynae: Skinning/Leatherworking(type?)
plus other as yet undecided characters.
Names are subject to availability (and no, do not try to reserve them for me).

Not sure at this moment when I will actually be starting to play though.....

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Lissa - 11-22-2004

Tal,Nov 22 2004, 07:54 AM Wrote:What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?

Tahapenes - Human Warlock - Tailoring/Enchanting
Orisella - Night Elf Priest - Herbalism/Alchemy
Lissanna - Night Elf Hunter - Skinning/Mining
<Name not determined yet> - Human Paladin - Blacksmithing/Engineering (Lissanna is the feeder)

Arlisse - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting
Roaringwind - Tauren Shaman - Herbalism/Alchemy
<Name not determined yet> - Troll Rogue - Skinning/Leatherworking
<Name not determined yet> - Orc Warrior - Blacksmithing/Mining

Only thing I'm not doing on Alliance side is Leatherworking and only thing I'm not doing on Horde side is Engineering.

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Roland - 11-23-2004

Tal,Nov 22 2004, 09:54 AM Wrote:What profession are the PvE Alliance folks planning on going?

Paladin: Blacksmith (Armorsmith eventually) / Miner

Various other characters will eventually flesh out all Profession roles.

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Ajax - 11-23-2004

Lissa,Nov 22 2004, 03:10 PM Wrote:<Name not determined yet> - Human Paladin - Blacksmithing/Engineering (Lissanna is the feeder)
[right][snapback]60819[/snapback][/right]

Interesting, if you can pull it off.

Engineering means your paly will be able to use bombs. Which means he/she can pull. That's the only way I can think of pulling solo as a paly.

This was a bit of a problem for me in the beta--I would party with a couple friends and we all played palys at the same time. We got some MASSIVE pulls, thank god for Divine Protection :-)

Was this your intent with engineering on the paly, or was it just because you had already covered everything else with other characters?

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - LavCat - 11-23-2004

Ajax,Nov 23 2004, 03:01 AM Wrote:Interesting, if you can pull it off.&nbsp;

Engineering means your paly will be able to use bombs.&nbsp; Which means he/she can pull.&nbsp; That's the only way I can think of pulling solo as a paly.&nbsp; [right][snapback]60899[/snapback][/right]

Holy Shock ...also the 's' key is your friend.

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Tal - 11-23-2004

Ajax,Nov 23 2004, 03:01 AM Wrote:Interesting, if you can pull it off.&nbsp;

Engineering means your paly will be able to use bombs.&nbsp; Which means he/she can pull.&nbsp; That's the only way I can think of pulling solo as a paly.&nbsp;

This was a bit of a problem for me in the beta--I would party with a couple friends and we all played palys at the same time.&nbsp; We got some MASSIVE pulls, thank god for Divine Protection :-)

Was this your intent with engineering on the paly, or was it just because you had already covered everything else with other characters?
[right][snapback]60899[/snapback][/right]

Pffft who need silly engineer bombs to pull? Body pulls for the win! ;)

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Ajax - 11-24-2004

eh. I'm far, far too lazy to run up, then run back again!

We all know dynamite is a boon to lazy people. Just look at fisherme! (er, in real life that is.)

cheers

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Walkiry - 11-24-2004

Ajax,Nov 24 2004, 04:05 PM Wrote:We all know dynamite is a boon to lazy people.&nbsp; Just look at fisherme!&nbsp; (er, in real life that is.)

cheers
[right][snapback]61115[/snapback][/right]

Wait wait wait, are you seriously implying that you can do fishing with dynamite in WoW? That'd be awesome!

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - TheDragoon - 11-24-2004

I was planning on going for the following:

Dragoon - Mining Blacksmithing
Silverflail - Tailoring, Skinning
Zhakaro - Leatherworking, something
Zherun - Engineering, something

Of course I'll mostly just be playing Dragoon and Silverflail, I bet, so those are the ones I've thought through the most.

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - Tal - 11-24-2004

Walkiry,Nov 24 2004, 11:17 AM Wrote:Wait wait wait, are you seriously implying that you can do fishing with dynamite in WoW? That'd be awesome!
[right][snapback]61120[/snapback][/right]

Nah. But there is a "Dwarving Fishing Pole" as a quest reward that is a gun with the inscription "Dwarves are not known for their subtelty". ;)

Storm Rage - PvE Alliance - Professions - MongoJerry - 11-24-2004

Tal,Nov 24 2004, 02:17 PM Wrote:Nah. But there is a "Dwarving Fishing Pole" as a quest reward that is a gun with the inscription "Dwarves are not known for their subtelty". ;)

There's also a "Goblin Fishing Pole" which is a stack of dynamite. Unfortunately, you can't actually fish with it.