The Lurker Lounge Forums
Starting polls here - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Lurker Lounge (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Starting polls here (/thread-8510.html)

Starting polls here - internetdotcom - 06-04-2004

Why is it I can post here, but not start a poll? Do you have to be a moderator to do that?

Starting polls here - Brista - 06-04-2004

The subject was discussed a while back and the general consensus was that most people here aren't fans of polls

I think the view is that they often lead to a poorer form of posting

For instance

Post #1

Should my druid be a ) a bear b ) a wolf?

Post #2

Compared to I've been trying to decide which path to take with my shifter. I like the bear's advantages of XXX but I'm also impressed by the wolf's advantages of YYY

See what I mean?

Starting polls here - ShadowHM - 06-04-2004

The topic was discussed here..

The consensus was that if you could convince a moderator of the importance/usefulness of a poll, then they could make one for you. This has spared us a lot of useless polls. And yes, I am sorry to say, I do think a poll asking which Act Boss is the hardest falls into that category, just to pick an example. ;)

I see.... Well, I appreciate your opinion nonetheless. If they have deemed polls that redundant and useless, why dont they remove the 'new poll' icon then? Otherwise its confusing.

Starting polls here - Tal - 06-04-2004

internetdotcom,Jun 4 2004, 05:04 AM Wrote:If they have deemed polls that redundant and useless, why dont they remove the 'new poll' icon then?  Otherwise its confusing.
I don't believe the forum software will allow them to do that. But I haven't poked around too much with the setup of these brand of boards and may be wrong.

tal125,Jun 4 2004, 03:19 PM Wrote:I don't believe the forum software will allow them to do that. But I haven't poked around too much with the setup of these brand of boards and may be wrong.
Hmm, well, it was just a suggestion. ;)

Starting polls here - Griselda - 06-05-2004

Actually, I think we could probably do it. We'd just need to replace the "new poll" graphic with one that was just a picture of the background.

It makes sense. I'll look into it when I get a chance. In the mean time, I'm going to move this thread to the Suggestion Box.

Starting polls here - Bolty - 06-05-2004

internetdotcom,Jun 4 2004, 06:04 AM Wrote:If they have deemed polls that redundant and useless, why dont they remove the 'new poll' icon then?
Woah, I thought that only admins could SEE that button. I assumed that Invision Board wouldn't put the button there if you didn't have access to it...hmm. Let me dig around.

-Bolty

Starting polls here - Yrrek - 06-05-2004

Sorry for the hijack, but I love your avatar, tal.

Starting polls here - FunkyfooKarate - 06-05-2004

i remembering that the maker guy is paying for this out of his pocket and that it just burns up space and cash?? am i right?