The Lurker Lounge Forums
A question about lightforge helm... - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: A question about lightforge helm... (/thread-9084.html)

A question about lightforge helm... - silented - 03-21-2004

In Jarulf's guide Lightforge is listed as a mace. I'm pretty sure its a helm.

Does diablo treat it as a mace for the purposes of item generation or something?

Anyway, its one of the coolest items (not) in the game and I was just wondering.

A question about lightforge helm... - Nystul - 03-21-2004

If you were to look at the item data for Lightforge, you would see that it is actually a mace. The crown version you see on b.net is created by the same methods as Dreamflange rings, Demonspike hats, and so forth. If it were actually possible to find a Lightforge, what you would find would always be a mace and not a hat. Of course it is not possible to find one in multiplayer, and either impossible or very close to it in single player (some rigged tests suggested that if you found every other unique mace in the same SP game, the next unique mace would be a Lightforge).

A question about lightforge helm... - DeeBye - 03-21-2004

silented,Mar 21 2004, 12:19 AM Wrote:In Jarulf's guide Lightforge is listed as a mace. I'm pretty sure its a helm.
Diabloii.net erroneously lists it as a helm. This is wrong.

A question about lightforge helm... - silented - 03-21-2004

So what is the crown graphic from?

A question about lightforge helm... - Nystul - 03-21-2004

So what is the crown graphic from?

Nothing we know about. The Diablo CD contains quite a few item graphics that aren't used for anything in the game.

A question about lightforge helm... - malach_cha_movis - 03-22-2004

Hi Silented,
:) It’s a pleasure to see you again in more pleasant surrounding. :( Sorry I can't help you with your question. :blink: I could take a crack at it, but it would be like a ten year old trying to explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity. He would only impress those that don't know any better.

Actually this post is in response to your post in Fav items. Since it is not directly related to that topic and there are already a quazillion posts there, :lol: I'm going to post it here instead.

I can see by what you have accumulated that you a probably a very experienced player. Me, I have been following this game for years, even before I had the equipment to play it, and I have yet to get my first dot. I’m what’s known as “PC action game challenged.” I have one lvl 24 sorcerer, and one lvl 24 rogue. Neither of whom has finished lvl 14 in normal mode in multiplayer and as I said, I have been around the game for years. I just found the Demonspike Coat, which is my proudest and only worthwhile possession. I will probably have to give it to my friend, who plays a warrior.

Obviously, for me, there is a lot of play left in this silly game. I can wait patiently to obtain an inexpensive copy of Hellfire on Ebay. What I am curious about is why you, and others like you, keep coming back to the original game. By this time, you must dots up the wazoo. You have probably defeated Diablo on Hell difficulty half a dozen times.

I can understand how mods, and variants, like IM, IM Tournaments, Naked Mage, and Beyond Naked Mage, among others, can extend the life of the game, practically indefinitely. What boggles my imagination is why to you keep coming back to the original game.

I have played only a few games to the end, but after I beat MOO 1 for the 10th time, even I got bored.

Enquiring minds want to know!

Malach cha Movis
“Excellence is not a skill, it’s a habit!” – Aristotle

[

A question about lightforge helm... - silented - 03-23-2004

master of orion 2 is awesome btw. moo3 is a little bit too complicated... I prefer games that are easy to learn but hard to master... not ones that are encredibly complicated... to me diablo 2 is just diablo with more filler. as far as games are concerned, its all empty callories. Diablo is where it's at!

these old games never get old

I have a 37 warrior with all his dots (he finished hell at 36). I played diablo before the sequel but I haven't been playing quite as long as some people. I've never been swayed by the trecherous lure of cheaters so I consider myself lucky in that respect. I also consider myself lucky because I can't imagine an equip setup any better than the one he has now. :D

I also have a 32 sorcerer. all I need is a thinking cap (and I need to find some hidden shrines for it too), a dreamflange, and maybe another dragon's ring of something (harmony I hope, but the perfect ring of wizardry it would replace is pretty sweet too) He's got naj's plate, holy defender, a crown of sorcery +20, dragon's amulet of the stars (+11 to all), wizardspike, and a drakes ring of sorcery.

I also have a 27 rogue, but I have a hard time liking her for some reason.

As soon as I've mastered the three characters I'm going to try a varient or two. a naked mage, and maybe a low ac warrior.

A question about lightforge helm... - degrak - 03-27-2004

DeeBye,Mar 21 2004, 12:50 AM Wrote:Diabloii.net erroneously lists it as a helm.  This is wrong.
Diabloii.net also lists Helm of Sprits as Helm of Spirits. Planetdiablo.com also does this.