The Lurker Lounge Forums
Amulets - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Amulets (/thread-9254.html)

Amulets - Cooper{LBL} - 02-23-2004

Ok this is my first ever post and im a lvl 34 i have my resists maxed but i want a ammy that adds to life and resistso i can keep them maxed i was thinking of obs/vigor but didnt no if this is a actual ammy can u help me plz :D thx in advance

Amulets - Lady Vashj - 02-23-2004

Cooper{LBL},Feb 23 2004, 10:40 AM Wrote:Ok this is my first ever post and im a lvl 34 i have my resists maxed but i want a ammy that adds to life and resistso i can keep them maxed i was thinking of obs/vigor but didnt no if this is a actual ammy can u help me plz  :D thx in advance
You can get resists+life with a regular magic ammy. Jade, of the tiger (or better). If you're level 34, they shouldn't be all that hard to find.

Amulets - NiteFox - 02-23-2004

I found a few Obsidian jewels bombing through NM/H.

Shouldn't be that hard to find, especially if you leave no survivours.

Amulets - LemmingofGlory - 02-23-2004

Run-on sentences may be perfectly acceptable where you chat, but it makes posts difficult to read. This would be better:

Quote:Ok, this is my first ever post, and I'm a lvl 34. I have my resists maxed, but I want an ammy that adds to life and resists so I can keep them maxed. I was thinking of obs/vigor, but didn't know if this is an actual ammy. Can you help me plz?  Thx in advance.

-Lem

Amulets - LochnarITB - 02-23-2004

LemmingofGlory,Feb 23 2004, 02:38 PM Wrote:Run-on*sentences*may*be*perfectly*acceptable*where*you chat, but it makes posts difficult to read. This would be better:

Wow, I never thought about it but this seems wrong.  You will notice that this is contained in Lemming's quote even though it isn't part of the message.  I also added the *'s to the text.  The editor should only allow cutting of the quotes, not modification of the text.  Of course, a phrase such as "should not have" could still be changed to "should have" but new text should not be allowed.

I have an idea of a fun way to use this "feature". Someone could start a phrase and then each successive person could quote and attempt to make a small change in the text that makes a large change in the meaning - kind of like whispering in one ear and seeing what comes out of the mouth at the other end of the room. :D

Amulets - --Pete - 02-23-2004

Hi,

Consider the following with the emphasis placed as indicated:

*I* did not say he stole the money.
I did *not* say he stole the money.
I did not *say* he stole the money.
I did not say *he* stole the money.
I did not say he *stole* the money.
I did not say he stole the *money*.

Eight words, one sentence, six meanings. Ain't language great? ;)

--Pete

Amulets - Crystalion - 02-24-2004

Pete,Feb 23 2004, 09:53 PM Wrote:*I* did *not* *say* *he* *stole* the *money*.

Eight words, one sentence, six meanings.  Ain't language great? ;)
Ala Bill & Bill (Gates and Clinton) I think you missed the most subtle and insideous emphasis of all:

I did not say he stole *the* money.

;)

Amulets - Thecla - 02-24-2004

Cooper{LBL},Feb 23 2004, 10:40 AM Wrote:Ok this is my first ever post and im a lvl 34 i have my resists maxed but i want a ammy that adds to life and resistso i can keep them maxed i was thinking of obs/vigor but didnt no if this is a actual ammy can u help me plz  :D thx in advance
Actually, you don't. But, depending on your circumstances, you might want a resist/+all, a resist/+dex, a resist/+mag, or a resist/+mana ammy.