The Lurker Lounge Forums
Drop trivia - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Drop trivia (/thread-9561.html)

Drop trivia - Jarulf - 01-01-2004

What is the least probable drop in the whole game?

A Zod rune from a monster droping from the "Act 5 (H) Champ A" TC (A champion in hell dificulty of level 81 or 82). That monster will drop a Zod rune more or less once every 180 million time (if I calculated it correctly). Talk about low probability.

Drop trivia - Obi2Kenobi - 01-01-2004

I think an even less probable drop would be a perfect rare "Condensing Hibernal Shocking Thunder Maul of Transcendence of Atlas of the Vampire". :o Anyone care to calculate those odds?

Drop trivia - Jarulf - 01-01-2004

I only calculated the chances for base items, not for magical properties.

Drop trivia - Kartoffelsalat - 01-01-2004

I'd think a Zod from a fallen in normal would be less, say around 0%. :blink:

Drop trivia - LochnarITB - 01-01-2004

Kartoffelsalat,Jan 1 2004, 07:00 PM Wrote:I'd think a Zod from a fallen in normal would be less, say around 0%.  :blink:
But as any good engineer will tell you - once every 180 million IS zero. :lol:

Drop trivia - Obi2Kenobi - 01-01-2004

Actually, as any good engineer will tell you regarding a building's chance to fall (and other such unpleasantries) - 1 in every 180,000,000 is 100%. :D

Drop trivia - lemekim - 01-02-2004

Depending on what kind of engineer ;) To a computer engineer, 1 failure is 180 million makes for a pretty bad computer.

Drop trivia - sokken - 01-02-2004

Obi2Kenobi,Jan 1 2004, 07:33 PM Wrote:I think an even less probable drop would be a perfect rare "Condensing Hibernal Shocking Thunder Maul of Transcendence of Atlas of the Vampire". :o Anyone care to calculate those odds?
You forgot to specify the rare item "name pair" :P

should make it quite less 'common'..

Drop trivia - Kartoffelsalat - 01-02-2004

sokken,Jan 1 2004, 08:19 PM Wrote:You forgot to specify the rare item "name pair"  :P

should make it quite less 'common'..
Glyph Smasher. And instead of a Thunder Maul, have it be an imbued Wirt's Leg. :blink:

Drop trivia - Obi2Kenobi - 01-02-2004

Actually, that would be 0% (imbue affix pool and such). :P I thought of something that I think Blizzard should have added in as the "real" world event, but I am yet to test it out, since I only get 1 chance (it requires Wirt's Leg, and I only get one of these Wirt's Legs [you see, my Wirt's Leg is a very special Wirt's Leg, and I would wager it is less than 20 of a kind]), I want to make sure that it will work as it should (at least as it should IMHO). [/cryptic]

Glyph Smasher isn't good enough. It needs a cool name. Death Star. :D

Drop trivia - Obi2Kenobi - 01-02-2004

To a computer engineer, 1 failure in 180 million is 179.999999 million failures in 180 million less than a Microsoft computer.

Drop trivia - lemekim - 01-02-2004

Well, I meant that if your computer stalls on 1 clockcycle out of 180 million, that's very bad even for a Microsoft-powered machine =)

Drop trivia - Obi2Kenobi - 01-03-2004

And to give it even less of a chance to drop, it also has to be ethereal.

Drop trivia - Kartoffelsalat - 01-03-2004

Obi2Kenobi,Jan 1 2004, 11:54 PM Wrote:I thought of something that I think Blizzard should have added in as the "real" world event, but I am yet to test it out, since I only get 1 chance (it requires Wirt's Leg, and I only get one of these Wirt's Legs [you see, my Wirt's Leg is a very special Wirt's Leg, and I would wager it is less than 20 of a kind]), I want to make sure that it will work as it should (at least as it should IMHO). [/cryptic]
Like an ethereal, imbued, personalized, socketed by larzuk wirt's leg with a zod in it? :ph34r:

Drop trivia - Pansesus - 01-07-2004

Must be some rare item with 6 specific attributes of the highest levels, Maybe one Hydra Bow with 300%ED, +30% to FR and CR, + 20 Dex, 5% Life Leech, and 20% Attack Speed Increased. Just seems to be impossible to find another hydrabow with the same attributes. There's no chance for poor monsters to drop an imbued personalized weapon, I'm afraid

Drop trivia - jahcs - 01-07-2004

I was in an AB hell game last night and 2 Griswolds Honor shields dropped from normal monsters within the space of a few minutes. Not impossible but humorous.

Drop trivia - moget? - 01-07-2004

Hi,

Perhaps an ethereal Stormspire, the giant thresher? 'Tis a tad more rare than Griswold's vortex shield IIRC.

Drop trivia - adeyke - 01-07-2004

Stormspire's indestructible. So ethereal Stormspire couldn't spawn at all ;).

Drop trivia - moget? - 01-07-2004

Pshaw! you and your right-ness... *grumbles* <_<